Yum Brands Food Chain Franchise Q2 Profits Jump 35 Percent
With increased advertisements and other promotions of its products, Yum Brands has posted a 35 percent increase in its sales for the second quarter of 2009.
Names like KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut have seen light amidst the economic crisis.
The barrage of promotions on the Oprah Winfrey website and the various advertising blitz has carried the company past its previous state.
However, the company has decided to cut China’s sales outlook for the rest of the year despite strong operating profit. Yum Brands said that it expects its sales in China, and the US, to flat-line until the end of the year. It was earlier set at a five percent increase.
Yum Brands Spokesperson Jonathan Blum said that the grilled chicken has helped the company to rejuvenate its sales. It has the most successful launch in the history of the company.
For a chain that is well-known for its chicken products, the grilled chicken has provided KFC with a 10-point increase in sales. However, Pizza Hut has slipped about 8 percent from June 2009’s profit.
Oprah.com has been giving away free coupons of the grilled chicken, which according to reports, resulted in major buyouts and traffic jams in several outlets.
Meanwhile, the company admitted that they are eyeing to expand Pizza Hut&rsquo's menu to save the company from sliding further down the chart.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Business News
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides