Yum! Brands Ignores Demand to Raise Workers’ Pay
Yum! Brands, which owns KFC fast food restaurants, has ignored the demands for a higher wage that will benefit the workers from the northeastern city of Shenyang, China. However, the company said it will fulfill its obligation once the labor contract is signed.
US food giant Yum! Brands has ignored the demands of a Chinese trade union which asked the company to raise the workers salary in KFC fast food chains in the northeastern city of Shenyang, according to a media report.
Yum! Brands is one of the largest food companies in the US which owns KFC, Taco Bell, A&W, Pizza Hut, and Long John Silver's restaurants.
In an interview with reporters, the Municipal Trade Union for Service Industries in the city said the US-based company should adopt its bargaining agreement with the KFC workers.
¡°Yum!Brands should meet the minimum salary which is stated by the collective labor agreement”, union leader Feng Hui said during an interiew with Xinhua news agency.
According to media reports, the union has made the request with Yum! Brands in April.
In response with the controversy, Yum! Brands spokesman Li Zhonghim said that KFC executives from the mainland China are still reviewing the issue. But once the contract has been signed by the top officials, Li said the company will fulfill its obligations to its workers.
Yum! Brands is the world's largest fast food chain with almost 36,000 restaurants operating in more than 110 countries. And in 2009 alone, the company has reported $11 billion in sales.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Business News
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides