Starting a Campground Business
Are you on the verge of starting your own campground business? Curious why some campgrounds do much better than others?
Here are a few tips I’ve learned the hard way to get a campground up and running.
The Basics to Start Your Campground Business
Getting the land is the main priority to almost all campground businesses. It should be suitable for camping activities as well as practically located and level to aid water drainage. How much land you will need, will depend on the services you will be able to provide to your campers. It’s a really good idea to have your campground located near local or major tourist attraction like natural parks, waterfalls, hiking areas, or natural attractions. But you have to make space on your camping ground for major sources of recreation like swimming and horse riding too.
Decide what type of camp you want - Do you want to start camping ground with summer camp facilities to entertain children? Or do you want to create a specialized camping ground for handicapped and wheelchair-bound campers? Basically the type of camping ground you settle on will decide the infrastructure and facilities you have to provide to campers. Basic utilities will include essentials like well graveled roads, arrangements for cooking and eating structures, washrooms, as well as telephone and cable television lines.
- Important Things to Consider When Starting a Sports Camp Business
- How to Start a Summer Camp Business
You will need playgrounds and sports fields, a few indoor cabins in case of bad weather, three-way hookups as well as local vehicles for emergencies.
Hiring staff for your campground - depends entirely in what type of facilities you have. Although it’s not essential having lifeguards for your pool or on-site lake, nurses and activities directors for bingo and evening entertainment can be an additional bonus. You will also need staff for periodic clean ups, trash collections, as well as clearing out of dumping stations.
Premium facilities while starting a campground - Most campgrounds offer basic amenities for campers but to get yourself a premium rating in the camping guide you have to be able to offer something different. Most campers would love perks like showers, flush toilets, a free-of-charge dumping station, on-site water and electricity. But these cost money, so if you cannot afford these in the beginning, make sure you provide the space for future implementation of these facilities.
Follow regulations-to the tee. The American Camping Association carries very strict guidelines for how your basic campground should be oriented and the facilities they should have summer camp facilities. Obviously these regulations and rules will vary depending on the on the size of your camping ground and whether you have a pool, as well as the other attractions on your campgrounds. Research all regulation careful and follow-up on any legal requirements to avoid future problems of starting your campground business.
- How to Start a Horse Riding Camp
When starting a horse riding camp, you will need to find an ideal location for the business. Start with a business plan and apply for a license.
- Kid’s Physical Fitness Business
Are you interested in becoming proactive in the health development of children? Do you believe that exercise is essential to health? If starting a children’s fitness camp interests you than this article will surely love this article.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business
- How to Start a Beauty Supply Store