- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
“How to Start EMU Bird Farming”
Comment Page 5
@vidya sagar All nationalized banks like State bank of India, State bank of hyderabad, karur vysya bank, syndicate bank etc., give loans to Emu farming. U have to reach them with Detailed Project report and your asset document which you are going to submit as security.
@Jayaram R. Read all my previous postings to know complete info of emu farming
@nimesh patel, Minimum investment to start emu farm is 3lacs for 10 pairs. U can avail bank loans and subsidy of 25% to 33.33% from NABARD(govt). Firstly u have to submit an detailed project report(which we can prepare for u) to any nationalised bank to get loan. u can get loans by pledging ur asset documents.
@Ranjith Janepalli Thank u for ur appreciations bro. now rate of eggs in ur area is 1100/- to 1500/-. rate of 3 month old chick would be 10k-12k per pair. rate of 1 yr old chick is 16k-18k per pair
@tirumalanaidu, for 100 birds of emus u require only 1/2 acre. ur project cost would be 20 lacs approx.We charge Rs.5000/- to prepare Detail Project report. with this we will b sending u 2 books which contain all info about emu farming. if interested u can call me.
@pawan Hope u got all the answers u require in our telephone conversation. We will be sending u the project reports and books by todays courier. If any more doubts feel free to call me.
@arun U can happily start ur farm bro.
@Ravish Kumar Singh, we can provide u training for emu farming, but its not that much necessary. emu farming is very easy. breakeven for this project is maximum 4 years. u may reach by 3rd year itself but b prepared for 4th so that there wont be any problem.
1. we can sell chicks and birds but who will buy the meat and eggs ? and how can we do marketing ?
2. Heard emu Oil is very healthier and it has many advantages but how can we extract that and how much would be the cost for extraction , manufacturing and selling ? Does it need our own processing unit or we can find any emu-oil production company who can buy our stuff ?
3. How much could be the cost of process for getting all the approvals and registrations from the government ? is this process simple ?
4. Can you please tell me What if i suppose to kill the bird and make use of it !! merits and demerits?
5. Let's assume that i have successfully completed the first 3 initial years results - Bird pairs ( 60p Birds ) becomes 500P Birds ; what will be monthly maintenance cost ? and how can we lead the business from there on ... ? ( because at that time , i have enough birds and don't to need keep this hatching anymore )
6. For any kind of business , i think we have to show some audit to government where it records the entire investments , profits , expenses ..etc ! so how is this kind of audit relates to emu farms?
Waiting for your valuable responses , because i am in final stage to make decision on this !! Thanks a lot for your encouragement , Ranjith
1. In this farming there are different wings like farmers, breeders, slaughter houses, bulk drug buyers, byproducts manufacturers, product seller etc. As a farmer our only work is to maintaining adult birds, getting good quantity of eggs/chicks n selling them to new farmers or slaughter house. We need not bother how to sell meat, oil skin etc. there r many egg buyer who r ready to buy eggs and also chicks. a huge processing unit is going to start by april-12. they purchase birds of 14-18 months age birds @315/- per kg(live weight, weight of bird at that time will b 40-60kg). hence no problem with marketing. u can check processing unit web site vileenaemu.com.
@d m prasad, now its right to start farming with 10 months n above old birds, not with 6 month old. if u purchase 6month old u have 2 wait for 2 more year for getting eggs. but with 10month old chick u can get eggs within 10months. we have all age birds in our own farm, u can call me.
@suman, with 10 lacs u can start 25pairs farm. with the same 10 lacs if u go for bank loan u can start 50-150 pairs farm and can get subsidy from NABARD 25%-33.33%(maximum 10lacs).its not right for a new farmer to start with eggs. purchase chicks of above 3mnths. for marketing u can read my above posting. we can supply u eggs or chicks. u can earn 30000/- per pair per year.
@sandeep, @V.AYYANANDI, Please read all my previous posting colored in redish for all information about emu farming.
@V.AYYANANDI, u can purchase emus from ur own state or from AP even from my farm. There r very huge buyers from TN to buy n sell the birds.
@mandeep, call me, i am purchasing eggs.
@sammandham ur site is sufficient for 20 pairs of emus. u can start with 10 pairs with ur investment of 3lacs. if go for bank loan u can start with 50 pairs too. u can earn 30000/- per pair per year. there r many farms in TN to purchase or we have chicks in our own farm. regarding marketing there r very huge buyers in ur state itself.
@manu.am There r no such info centres any where in bangalore/India. U can visit ur nearby farms for details.
@maruti prasad d call me for rates and other details.
@sabale jagadish I have no knowledge of ostrich
@Mukesh Parmar there r 40 farms in HP state. Please search in google for contact details and speak to them for ur required info.
@Niranjan Pradhan, there is no necessary of any registration or permissions for starting a new farm. but if u register ur farm under SSI(Small Scale Industries) u can avail some facilities.
@ramachandra, maturity age of female is 18 months n male is 20 months. females start laying eggs from age of 18months.
@Suresh there r many huge farms in TN (erode, madhurai, salem etc) check their contact details from google search. u can start with 20 pairs in ur 15cents land. project cost for the same would b 8-10lacs.
@Srinivasa Rao, YeleswarAM, Please all my previous postings colored in red for all ur answers.
@PVTN MURTHY, 9490708094. u dont need any permissions to start emu farm. u can register ur farm under SSI unit to get electricity connection. for 50 pairs ur project cost would be approx 25-30lacs. if u call me i can send u an GO copy of NABARD subsidy for emu farming. Main drawback for farming is Financial planning is very much necessary. if u plan well there wont b any problem in this farming.
@safrizI appreciate for ur interest in emu farming but hows it possible to start any business without money. its not possible.
@Badri Call me for project reports and other papers,@p k jain no legal permissions necessary to start emu farming. this comes under agriculture category.
@ravindra babu I am from Chirala. u can call me for more details or can visit our farm for complete idea.
@Sirisha All nationalized banks like SBI, SBH, SB, KVB, AB etc r giving loans for this project.
@KAMALAKAR@9948538149 please read my posting no:523 for ur doubts.
@kishore I am from chirala dude u can call me or can visit my farm which is very nearby to u for more info.
@Dilip M@7760001567 its not that easy to market yourself with a 25-100 pairs of emus. its best to breed the breeders get chicks n sell to new farmers or to the slaughter houses. u cant to all the things like farming, breeding, slaughtering, marketing etc yourself. please read my posting no.523.
@Hareen Seenappa if u call me i can send u the detailed project report and other available books for emu farming. there r many farms in ur state u can contact them or can visit farms in AP/TN.
1. The initial amount which I need to invest to start the farm with 50 pairs excluding bank loan. I also heard that bank loan will be approved based on the land value, since my land cost is 5L does banks provide 90% of the loan amount.
How many months do banks take to approve the loan? 2. I had visited one of the emu farm in Bangalore and what I observed is ratio of the emu, you say that we need to breed 1:1, however there I saw 5 male and 25 female, can we breed in this way.
3. What is the amount of water we need daily for 50 pairs.
4. Could you please let me know the nearest small farmers near to Tumkur or Bangalore.
5. Also please provide me any website which has pictures of Emu chicks, Emu Farm, shelter and Fencing and Incubator
The initial amount which I need to invest to start the farm for 25 pairs .i need a bank loan so pls give details for loan How many months do banks take to approve the loan? where i sell the egg , meat?
@malli gurral, I am from same district bro(chirala). U can get loans from all Nationalised Banks. Minimum investment is 3-4lacs for 10 pairs of emus.Once u avail loan from Banks the banker himself suggests u how to get NABARD subsidy.
1. Your total project will cost 25-30 lacs for 50 pairs of emu farm. u have to give minimum of 100% asset value to get loan ie., if u want 10 lacs loan u have to show asset worth of 10lacs.
2. male and female ratio must be 1:1 (only 10% more r less). 1:2 or 1:5 dont work well for emus.
3. an adult emus take 10 ltrs of water per day.
4. please check in google for nearby emu farms addresses.
5. U can check snaps in my orkut profile(my email id: email@example.com) for chicks, birds, incubators, eggs etc.
@irfan if you are well interested please read all my postings colored in red to get complete idea. we cant call n give u information.
@R.MURALI KRISHNA PRASAD, for 50 pairs of emus ur project will cost 25-30lacs. in which ur proportion would b minimum of 3 lacs n rest from bank, u can also get nabard subsidy of 7.5-10lacs. submit a detailed project report to the banker and related surety asset documents in bank to get bank loans.If u want detailed project report u can contact us.
@prashant thorat, your 25 pairs emu farm will cost u approx 10-15 lacs. all banks give loans for this project. once u submit all papers to the bank u can get loan within 15 to 20 days. there r many farmers in ur state itself who purchase eggs/chicks/meat etc.
@Sathya with 2 lacs u cannot start emu farm. if u have asset you can get bank loans and start with 10 to 50 pairs farm. there are many farmers in your state itself who purchase eggs/chicks/meat etc.
@ramulu you can contact me for selling ur birds r any products of emus. u can check at vileenaemu.com web site of emu slaughter house in AP.
@R.Kalaivanan please read all my postings colored in red to get complete idea. we cant call n give u information.
@rajesh, U cant identify male or female in its age of 3months. v can identify only after 12months old. if any farmer says he can identify its clear that he is going to cheat u. mostly male female ratios will be 1:1 (10% more or less). u can speak to ur seller for a replacement of chicks for male female ratio.
@annapurna naidu, There wont b any problem to human if its brought up in ur house premises also. even neighbors wont have disturbance with emus.
@ravindran vakkiyel, emus can survive in any climatic conditions. for detailed project report and book about emu farming feel free to call me.
@LAKSHMI, theres a huge market in India itself hence no one r importing meat to other countries. It may start after a couple of years.
@pradeep to start your own farm of 30 pairs ur project will cost approx 25 lacs. if u take 3 months old chicks now they will start laying eggs by nov-13. maturity age of birds is 18-21months. regarding marketing there wont b any problem. please read my before postings for more info.
@Ranga Nice research done dude. All u have noted is perfect. All the best for ur project.
@Vikram Hooda prices varies from one place to another. U can get chicks in haryana also. or get them frm maharashtra/punjab/AP etc. cost of 3months would b 6000/- and 12month would b 10000/- per bird. @yeshwanth u can get all info from net itself or i can help u in all means.
@G P Reddy9440255559 good info for new comers, thank u sir.
@rajendra chauhan @Burukkanudheen, Please read all my postings colored in red to get a complete idea of how to start emu farming n all. for more info u can call us.
2. How many slaughter houses r there till today, farms are increasing and selling chicks in to the market will come down.
3. NABARD is giving 50% refinance facility to farmers is this emu farming, are they really giving.
@RAJU Bodidha, @shivakumar, U can get financial support from all nationalized banks. I have mentioned d same in my previous postings also. pls read for more.
@kashi u can get contact details of nearby farms from google search.
1. Emu farming is recognized by central govt. they have clearly mentioned for NABARD subsidy scheme also.
2. there r 3-5 slaughter houses in AP and more than 5 in TN. But they r only using their own birds for slaughter. 3 more slaughter houses r going to start within this year. they will purchase birds from all farms. there's a plenty of market for selling chicks to new farmers upto next 5-10 years, then y should u fear of end products now itself. there r more than 1100 farms in AP itself and more than 100 new farms r adding in AP only. In many other states there's a huge demand for birds. selling birds will never decrease as demand will increase for emu meat n by-products in coming years.
3.hope u dont know about NABARD scheme. its not 50% funding from them. u can get 25% to 33.33% subsidy in total project cost. for more details u can call me. they r funding well n many got it too.
@J.LAKSHMI Please read my previous postings to get complete info. u can get all ur questions answered.
@raj healthy birds will always b active, running r walking around when u whistle r disturb them. u can defiantly differentiate between 2months n 3 months age birds by its size,
@p.Nageswara Rao ur project cost would b 8 lacs approx.
@P.Amutha Please spare time and read all my postings colored in orange to get complete info.
@naveen kumar Ur project report is made according to old NABARD scheme which is not exciting now. Please check the same and modify accordingly. Have a glance at any NABARD General Order for subsidy for Emu Farm.
@PRASADH Please read all my postings colored in orange to get complete info. there r highest no.of emu farms in ur Krishna Dist please visit them and get practical knowledge. U can also visit our farm located nearby your place with a prior appointment.
@SUJITH Requirement for emu chicks is very high n buyers will search n purchase chicks even from small village like u. As same as how u have known of this farming n going to start. Normally as emu farm require big places these are breeded in villages only. Hope u called me n cleared ur doubts.
@R.S.Thomas All ur answers depend upon with how many pairs u r going to start. Fundamentally 1 pair require 250 SFT of land, Price per pair depends upon age of the bird n prices vary from one area to another. Market is growing very fast n need not worry for marketing the chicks. there r many processing units in ANDHRA, Tamilnadu and Maharashtra. They r searching for huge no of birds to purchase. u can contact them to get an agreement also. for more info please read my previous postings.
@ramasubbu Hope u can get answers from my above answer to others. 10 pairs of emus project cost would be 3lacs. there r many huge emu farms who buy n sell emus in ur state. pls search in net.
@Peter Please let me know where ur farm is to purchase eggs from u. There r more than 10 emu processing units in all over India. one already started and they r buying huge quantity of emu birds in AP. 2 more units r under construction and will start with in 2-4 months. for more details call me.
@raangs thank u for the update bro.
@chaman singh All answers for ur questions r give clearly before, pls spare time and read my older postings colored in orange color. there r more than 20 farms in Rajasthan u can search in google for their details. If any more doubts after reading old post u can call me r mail me for clarification.