- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
“How to Start EMU Bird Farming”
Comment Page 4
@srikantha, u can import emu birds from our farm to ur country. in ur 2000 sqmt u can manage 200 birds. i can send u the literature regarding emu farming n all about it. call me.
@sujit chakraborty, @keshav dutt, u can start with 10 pairs of emus in ur land. total project cost would b 3lacs. u require 2000sft of land. we have our own farm n can supply emu chicks. regarding marketing v can offer u buy back agreement to purchase back the chicks u get.
@yugal kishore, i dint understand whether u asked for 5 or 50 emu birds. if its 5 its waste of time. if its 50 birds u require 5000sft land n 10 lacs investment.
1) will it not be in-breeding if I am going to grow the chicks from my own hatchery there a chance for genetical problems if I breed brothers and sisters.
2) does emu birds pair for life or the pairs can be changed in season (egg laying period.
3) do I have to keep breeding pairs separately or can they be in a group.
4)does emu birds mark territory and defends their territory from other(pairs).
5) is there any hierarchy system or they have to compete with each other for food and other resources (say best place to lay eggs), and how the pair decides to pair, (if on their own)or it is for us to pair them.
6) if paired by us what should be criteria to pair them, say like (age of the male or female, or weight).
7) till what age they grow their height and weight.
8) how will they move with other animals are they aggressive with other animals (cow, or dog). do they attack human beings if provoked like kicking like ostrich. now do they defend themselves.
9) do they have the tendency to run away as a means of excising their legs and wings if by chance left in open.
10) do they respond if they are called by their name,and do they identify and regonice people.
@Kwaku Asiedu, If u contact me by phone i will send u a book which contains all the info u require. I can also explain u the practical knowledge for the same.
@Darryl Jeddo, We can send u the birds through road even more than 3000 kms. We hav sent many even to punjab, haryana etc. Price of 9 months old chicks is 18000/- per pair and transportation extra to be paid by urself.
@jagannatha, We can supply u any age of chicks any where in India n can guide u for whole. We offer u buyback agreement to buy ur chicks back or else u can sell ur chicks to the new farmers within ur area. Regarding loans n subsidy u can approach any nationalised banker with a detailed project report. Hope u have called me yesterday n got the completed info u require.
1. There will b chance of 5% problems with breeding brothers n sister birds.
2. they pair with any opposite sex, no single mate necessary. they mate with many other birds.
3. once the birds come to breeding age(above 18 month) u can keep all in a single pen too depending on place available.
4. emus dont make any territory of their own, but fights for its pair once before breeding season.
5. these wont fight for food r to lay eggs. these r very punctual birds. they lay eggs only from 4pm to 7pm(mostly) at the corners of the pen.
6. u needn't pair them they pair themselves naturally.
7. they grow upto an age of 14 months.
8. they r not much aggressive to human. but wont allow dogs r other animals with their pen. u can breed pets n other animals within the premises.
9. these birds wont try to escape from their pens even if they r open. they dont like to leave their group
10. they cant recognize the people or it wont response to any names.
1. I want to start within a months start eggs of emu,
2. what is the cost at present(3 month emu bird)?
3. How much land(minimum or maximum)is required for 50 pairs?
4. What is the total cost for this project?
1. How much land required & type of land making a medium scale EMU farms?
2. Money required making a medium scale EMU farms?
3. Man power required maintaining the EMU farms?
4. How many EMU Chicks required to start farm?
5. Any legal requirement needed?
6. Medical requirements?
7. project report for submitting for loan purpose?
8. Details regarding feeding the birds, water etc ?
9. IF any govt.policy for farming the project ?
10. Weather requirement?
11.Hygienic conditions atmosphere?
Thanks, Sanjay Saxena
@parameswara reddy, Please check in google search for farms details in AP. u may get more than 100.
@sanjay Saxena, All answers for ur questions has been answered many time in my previous postings, pls read. even though i m posting for u once again.
1. land requirment is 100 sft per bird.
2.what does medium scale means? pls inform ur investment amount.
3.manpower required is 2people per 50 pairs of emus.
4.minimum 20 to unlimited
5.no legal permissions required to start farm
6.normal your local vet doctor is enough.
7.We can provide u project report to avail bank loans n subsidy
8.We can send u a book which contain complete details of feeding, maintenance etc of farm
9.Nabard gives 255 to 33.33% subsidy in total project cost. Our Andhra govt provided subsidy in electricity charges too
10.emus can survive in all climatic conditions
11. Should have good drinking water for emus as they drink 10 ltrs per day per emus.
@G.Srikanth,Warangal. hope u got all ur answers from my above posting. Regarding purchasing and selling we can sell to u n can also purchase from u. Or u can get an agreement from processing unit factories for purchasing birds from u. for more info u can call me
@Jagdeep dhounchak, Detailed project report and books which contain A-Z info of emus costs u Rs.5000/-(refundable if u purchase chiks from our farm). if interested u can call me for our bank details. we can send u by courier.
EMU Farming Consultant
@Hardev handa, Call me for Detailed Project report to start emu farm.
@pradeep vashist, this year many farms has been started in haryana, punjab n rajasthan. We are expecting in this states more than 400 farms each will start by next season. So no problem would rise for marketing. Regarding project report and loans u can call me.
@Venkatesh, Minimum capital is 3 lacs to start with 10 pairs of emus, better is start with minimum of 25 pairs (10 lacs Project cost). Search in google for ur nearest farms. There r many in AP.
1) What is the life period of each bird and till what is lays the egg from starting as I know is 18 months?.
2) What is the maintenance cost of pair of birds per year?
3) IS still NABARD funding for this project? Because When I contacted few people in bangalore , they says recent past they are not doing like that I got a info. Would u please clarify me in this regard. If so please provide me what needs to be done to start a 20 pair birds.
Thanks in advance! Regards, mallikarjuna
1) Can i get bank loans in tamil nadu?
2) I can start with how many pairs initially?
3) How do i get the chicks?
4) where we can sell the Eggs and chicks?
5) what is the current price of 1 EMU egg?
5) On annual how much income i can get from this business?
@Kiran Namdeo Pawar, U can get bank loans of 40% to 90% and can avail subsidy of 25% to 33.33% from NABARD to start emu farm. for more info u can call me r study all my previous postings
@CHANDER SHEKHAR, i dont suggest anyone to start farm with below 10 pairs, its time waste. as they r not pets u cant start with one pair.
@Mallikarjuna, Firstly i thank u for reading my previous postings and asking for rest of ur doubts. Life span of an emu is 30 years n can lay eggs upto its age of 25 years. Maintenance cost for a pair of emu per month is Rs.600/-(maximum). Nabarad is giving subsidy for emu farming even now. It has changed its scheme from the previous. If u require G.O. of the same i can mail u. Many people have no complete idea of this n says nabard is not giving subsidy or loans. To start 20 pairs farm ur project cost will be 7-8lacs. U can get bank loans by submitting Detailed project report.
@arun, selling emu chicks is very profitable when compared to selling eggs. If u have a minimum experience u can easily hatch eggs but not easy job for a new farmer. U can get bank loans for hatchery machine also. Coat would b 1 lac to 5 lacs depending on capacity of it.
@shivam singh, Hope u got ur answers from my above postings.
1.all national banks r giving loans for Emu farming even in TN. U can also get subsidy from NABARD
2.In 2 acres of land u can accommodate more than 500 birds. U can start farming with 10 to 100 pairs initially.
3.U can get chicks from erode n salem surroundings r from many farms from AP.
4.Taminadu is a very good market for emus n many buyers of eggs n chicks r available in ur own state. Many TN people r purchasing chicks from AP, Maharashtra etc. So there would b no problem with marketing at ur place.
5.present rate of egg is 1000/- to 2000/-
6.u can earn minimum of 30000/- per pair per year.
@dinil dinesh, U can search in google for farms in ur state. incubator setting will cost u 1-4 lacs depending upon its capacity.
@sandeep, Call me at 9246780131 for complete guidence to start emu farm. @
@Santosh Kumar Dora @jayalakshmi We can send u detailed project report and 2 books about emu farming which will cost u Rs.5000/- if interested u can call me r mail me.
@sharma, @G.Murugesan Tamil Nadu, @g.v.rao, @sohail sha. Please spare time and read all my previous postings to get an complete idea about farming, bank loans, subsidy etc. We would prepare Detailed project report in which u get complete financial info like total expenditure n income for next 8 years. We can also send u 2 books which contain complete info about Emu Farming. This costs u Rs.5000/-. Interested can call me or mail me.
@subrahmanyam. Thank u bro. U r welcome.
1)Should the land be Agricultural or an NA plot?
2)What is the basic investment required?
3)Where would I get these birds? of what age?
4)Where can I sell d products (eggs)?
5)and are there any Government Grants for this business?
1. Any land is suitable for Emu farming
2. Minimum Investment is 3 lacs(10pairs)
3. We supply all age birds from our own farm
4. U can sell eggs any where in India, we ourself offer Buy Back agreement to purchase back chicks
5. Govt offers subsidy of 25% to 33.33% from NABARD
@Ram, There is no such kind of Counters as emus lay eggs only for 4 months. There r many slaughter houses in AP but they wont buy chicks from outside, they use their own birds. two slaughter houses wil start by next april n they r ready to take birds from all.
@Kalaiselvan @thulasimani see no.467 for ur required details
@arjun our birds started laying eggs from past 1 month.
@adil Please read all my previous postings
@K T RAGHU, u require 2500 sft of land with fencing for 10 pairs of emus. We can prepare Detailed Project report for u. If interested u can call us.
@ashish, @satyawan siwach, Please read all my previous postings to get complete info about emu farming.
@Umamahesh, @pardeep jakhar, U can start with 40-50 pairs of emus with ur 25 lacs without availing any loans. If u r interested in availing loan n subsidy 3-5 lacs is enough. I am from Chirala, Prkasam dist., AP. For detailed project report u can contact me by phone or mail. U can also visit our farm for practical knowledge. We can arrange training for ur people in our own farm(not actually required). If interested u can contact us.
@Senthilkumar U can avail loans form all nationalized banks. U can also get subsidy of 25%-33.33% in total project cost(project cost should not exceed 30 lacs).
@shyju @venkat, Please read my previous postings colored in light redish to get ur answers.
@srinivas.a, @ Basavaraju, U need not export any thing. as a farmer u hav to sell to new farmers or slaughter houses. As the market is growing very fast u need not wait much for a buyer. He himself comes to u searching for chicks.
@Balayogeswar, I have no idea how the palm grove will be. please send me the snap of it to my mail id to suggest u.
@Basavaraju, U can call me at my mob no. to get all ur doubts clearified.
@amandeep singh, Cost of 3 months old would b 10k-12k per pair(approx u can get them only after march)
cost of 10 months old birds would be 15k-18k per pair.
U can earn 30k-70k per year per pair of emus.
expenditure for 1pair per year would be 15k.
With 5 lacs u can start with 10-100 pairs. call me for complete info.
1. u need not sell meat, u will only sell chicks to new farmers r 14-18months old birds to slaughter houses. slughter house people will purchase @315/- per kg. 14 months old bird weighs 40-60kg.
2. there r many buyers to buy chicks. we ourself will buy chicks at market rate.
3. total expenses for 25 pairs per year would be 3.75 lacs approx
4. u require 7000sft of land for 25 pairs. please spare time n read all my previous postings to get complete idea.
@ritesh patel, @ramakanthreddy, please spare time n read all my previous postings to get ur answers.
@sowmiya till to date we never heard of theft of emu birds r eggs. only if ur worker supports the thief they can steal the birds else no way of security problem
@venubabu, @raj, @Santhosh Kumar Call me at 9246780131 for complete data.
@rangareddy, @raj there are many farms in and outside hyderabad, if u search in google.co.in u can get complete dresses.
@J.Prabhu Karthik There are many farms in TN, especially nearby to erode. Visit them for complete practical knowledge. Read all my previous postings colored in redish to get complete info.
@MINAL PHUTELA Thanks for calling me Minal, As i told u, u can start with 150 pairs of emus for 70-80 lacs of investment.