- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
“How to Start EMU Bird Farming”
Comment Page 3
@Ssuhil Kumar Singh, U can sell emu chicks every where in India as the market is growing very fast. Before we used to get only in Andhra but now there are many farms in more than 8 states and will expand to all places in India. Feed of emus is combination of Maize and many other. All poultry feed suppliers r selling Emu feed. Regarding caring of birds n eggs we can send u literature (books) with full info. U can Contact us.
@R.VARATHARAJ, During last season emu eggs were sold for 1300/- to 2400/- in our area. Market rates r different in each states, but not less than 1000/-.
@Neeraj P. Modi, U can start farm in ur Industrial area too. there would be no problem for the birds. I would be sending u the all details today.
@Dr.saubhagya ku. mishra, there is no specific marketing system right now. U can sell eggs or chicks to many new coming and existing farmers easily. two very huge Emu processing units r going to be started this year and they are ready to take even 100 emus per day. We can offer u BUYBACK agreement of the chicks.
@divya, Please study all my previous postings colored in light redish color and can post ur doubts if any more.
We can provide u emu chicks, eggs or breeders too as we have our own farm with more than 500 birds. We can also give complete guidance of emu farming and to get Bank loans, subsidy from government (NABARD) etc. For more info u can call me at 09246780131.
@Naresh Rohil @Praveen, Emu Farming is very fast growing business with a very good returns and having a very bright future. For more about farming please read all my previous postings colored in reddish. U can contact me for Financial Detailed Project report, books regarding farming, Bank and Nabard subsidy loan facility details.
1) What's your buyback price. It varies on the market price but could you please help us by providing approximate price.
2) When is the ideal time to start with 3 months old chick.
3) Do we have insurance facility.. How it's going to work in case of diseases or worst case bird dies.
4) Do you deliver the feed to form if so the price including transportation
5) Can we use the poultry feed to Emu?
6) Any form owner can extract the Emu oil or do we need machinery for that?
7) Do people use Emu meat in Tirupathi ?
Thanks in advance for answering my queries. Regards, Bala
1. We give buy back price mentioning as Market price at the time of ur selling. We wont take either more than mkt rate or less than it. approximate rate is rs.5000/- per bird for 3 mnths chick. 13000/- to 14000/- for 14mnths old chick.
2. Best time to start with 3month old is april/may. now its beat to start with 6mnth above old chicks.
3. there are some insurance companies which provide insurance. they repay u only in case of death only.
4. we can deliver feed at ur farms also but the expenses will b added in ur cost of feed. it 16/- to 17/- per kg.ex company delivery.
5. no u should not use poultry farm for emus. there is slight difference in the formula. but all ingredients are same.
6. U dont need any special machinery to extract oil from bird. normal people who cuts meat can extract fat and convert it to oil. its not a big process.
7. Not only in tirupati all over India will/can eat emu meat which is tasty and cholestral free. Actual as profits r very good in selling chicks no one r ready to cut their bird and sell. it take 5 more years to get emu meat in all mkts. Its available in Hyd, vijaywada, chennai, bangalore etc.
@Rajesh, We can assist u to get all bank loans and Nabard subsidy. Bank loan takes 15-20 days time and NABARD subsidy takes 3-6 months time. any land is useful for farming. Water should be good for drinking or has to set up a filter system to use. U require 2-4 lakhs to setup incubator and brooding rooms depending upon the capacity u require.
@Praveen, U can get 90% loan in ur project. for which 25% is not payable(subsidy from NABARD). Bank loan interest is 12-13%. u have to start repayment frm 2nd year of loan issue and complete in 6 years(installment basics).
@Rajendra Singh, Please read my all previous postings to get idea of farming. U can call me at my mob for more info.
@Santosh Darekar, The main thing u require to start emu farming is not Mental or physical strength. U require a very good Financial Planning.
@PRIYA, Hope u called me yesterday n got ur required info. Thank u
@Praveen, NO distance is necessary between broiler poultry n emu farm. u can have a separation by wall is enough.
@Bindu, As per experience the one and only problem in Emu Farming is FINANACIAL Planning. This is not business of all types. We have to spend a lot as recurring expenses in the way of feed cost. if the purchase of bird is 5k-10k, feed cost per year is 7k. Many people calculate only initial capital for buying birds and setting up farm , We have to calculate our expense minimum upto 2 years to plan our inflow and outflow of cash. This is very very important in Emu Farming.Once u have no money for feed u will have to sell ur chicks at a very low prices and close ur farm. If planned well u can earn minimum of 30k per pair per year. U can get all ur invested money by 2nd and 3rd year.(1st and 2nd laying).
@kanthraj N, Contact me for chicks/consultation or any thing for Emu farming
@Trimbak, U can start emu farming at any place and climatic conditions. Please read all my previous postings colored in red. If u require any literature of farming u can contact me.
@Nanda, U can get 25% for OC/BC castes and 33.33% for SC/ST subsidy for emu farming.
@pushpendra kumar tripathi, 6mnth old chicks will cost 15k per pair approx.
@Randhir Kaushik, @srinivas, U can call me or mail me for Detailed project report useful for banks and NABARD subsidy. We can provide u books of EMU farming.
@I Ambrose, Please read previous postings for details. U can get loans from all Nationalised Banks by submitting project report. We get subsidy of 25% to OC/BC caste and 33.33% for SC/ST caste.
@vijay, V get an subsidy of 25%-33.33%(depending on Cast category) from NABARD which is applicable all over INDIA. Its not poultry business to start farming with 4000 chicks. 100 pairs will cost 15 lacs n total project cost is 20 lacs for this 100 pairs. Calculate how much u require for 4000 pairs.
@Dinesh Yadav, Please read my previous postings for an idea of how to start emu farming.U can call me or mail me for more details.
@jayaraj, Hope u called me yesterday n got ur required info. If any further pls let me know.
(i) the initial cost of the project.
(ii) the minimum investment required and the finance could be borrowed.
(iii) the minimum land required and the climatic surroundings.
(iv) Statutory approval required from the government agencies.
(iv) the sale of the products.
1. Minimum investment if Rs.3lacs(for 10 pairs)
2. U can get finance from all nationalized banks and avail subsidy of 25-33.33% from NABARD
3. Emu require 100 sft open area and 10 sft shelter per bird. this can survive at any climatic conditions/surroundings.
4. there is no necessary to get any permission frm govt as this comes under Agriculture.
5. U can sell to new farmers around ur place or any where in India. U can also sell 14-16 month chicks to some slaughter house now available in AP and TN. As the market is growing very fast in Northern states new farms will b going on started upto next 5-6 years, so that u can sell to them also.If interested u can start ur own marketing of its meat, oil, skin etc..
@palanivel p, Hope u can get all ur answers from my above postings.
@R.GOVINDARAJ If u call me I can clarify all ur doubts in emu farming n suggest u regarding starting ur own farm. For a brief details pls read my older postings colored in red.
@S.Suresh Reddy @rambabu now u can get only above 4 mnth old chicks which may cost u 10000/- per pair approx. But its right time for u to buy 8 month old chicks which cost u 15000/- per pair approx. expenses for a bird per month is Rs.500/-. If u require detailed project report u can call be.
1. i want to start with 3 months of emu, can u tell me the cost at present(3 month emu bird)?
2. how much land is required for these 50 pairs?
3. how (frm 3 months age emu) much feed cost is required for one bird up to one year?
4. what is the total expenditure of this project cost?
@ram shankar, Emus start laying eggs from its age of 18-20 months, They lay only during the winter season(october to feb). During 1st laying they lay 8-12 eggs per season, 2nd layng 12-15 per season, 3rd laying onwards 20-30 per season. Cost of eggs is Rs.1200/- to 2600/- depending upon customer, season n all. If interested I can send u books for complete info of farming. No permissions necessary from govt as this comes under agriculture.
@nitin doiphode, Please contact me at my mob or mail to get Detailed project report for which we charge Rs.5000/-. This includes 2 book of Emu Farming. Please note that this amount is refundable if u purchase chicks from our Farm.
@Guru, Price of any items will be raising and dropping depending upon season. Due to some fraud in Maharashtra market the farmers there r afraid of farming and selling off chicks at very low price. Many traders/brokers r purchasing at low price n selling at good price outwards. maybe u may get at low price only in hundreds now. once these r sold at low price u hav to buy next with more price only. Never calculate the price according to current mkt. u hav to avg the total price in the year. Once we sell at 10k, 15k or 8k u can get our avg price of more tha 11k. Never think once the price is dropped these mkt will come to saturated point. just look at our mobile operates before they use to charge at 5/ per minute for even incoming and outgoing, now its very low that only 1 paise per second, but the turnover has increased a lot than before. Same way if prices go down nly our profit percentage will get down not all our money. calculating all this only i say u can earn minimum of 30k per pair per year surely.
1. Now its not the right time for u to start with 3month old chicks. U can start with 8 month old chicks
2.U require 12000 sft for 50 pairs of emus.
3.u have to spend 6000/- per bird for 12 months.
4. Project cost of 50 pairs for next 2 years is Rs.20 lacs.If u require total Detailed project report u can call me
@Shivaji Nalawade, Hope u can get answer from above posting to Mr.Guru. Due to some fraud done by a pune farmer the media has concentrated more on this n blames Emu farming itself as a fraud business. If its really so why will the govt or bankers supports this farming by giving subsidy,loans n low cost power??? Many r cheating with some wrong schemes like triple in 90 days n all. Is this possible??? He collected more than 200 crores. and many has invested in it. Now these people r crying n blaming the complete farming. Do farming in good way n u can develop gradually. Never believe in schemes.
@J.CAROLINE, I did not give any advertisement, U cant start emu farm with 25000/- its highly impossible. There r many scams available in TN and Maharashtra. I personally dont support this schemes as this wont work. U require 100 sft per bird
1. what is the cost of 8 month old emu bird at present?
2. where can i buy this emu bird?
3. vamsi r u (selling and buying)emu birds?
1. Price of 8 month old chicks per pair is Rs.16000/-
2. We have our own farm n can sell u d chicks as per ur required age group.
@Shivaji Nalawade, Many bankers in Northern states dont even know what Emu is. If u require the GO of NABARD scheme I can mail u, so that u can take printout of the same n consult ur banker. Before u reach ur banker get thorough knowledge of farming. u can surely go for starting the farm if any further clarification needed feel free to call me.
@M.Ilayaraja, @MURGESH, Please read all my previous postings to get an complete idea of Farming, financial loans, subsidy, wer 2 buy n wer to sell. if any more doubts u can call me. If interested i can send u some literature of Emu farming.
No permissions or approvals r necessary for starting an emu farm as this project comes under AGRICULTURE n supported by NABARD (National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development)
@vinod emus stay in open land and enjoy well under trees. not in rooms. i suggest new farmers to start with above 3 months old chicks not with eggs.
@chandrababu, marketing is good but only thing is mediators r earning a lot by frightening u of mkt. next year u will b getting lot of emu products into d mkt. if u have birds u can call me for buyers info.
@sakthivel, u can visit our farm located at chirala, AP. with a prior appointment. we can provide u all materials required for farming. feel free to call me.
1. I want to start with 3 months or eggs of emu,
2. what is the cost at present(3 month emu bird)?
3. How much land(minimum or maximum)is required for 50 pairs?
4. What is the total cost for this project?