Work from Home by Selling Images at iStockphoto to Make Money
iStockphoto sells stock photos on the internet to businesses, ad agencies, designers, and websites. You can also buy photos for your blog or website but the real opportunity is selling the photos you own to get continuous cash flow every time your photos are downloaded and purchased by others.
We have a complete guide on how to sell images at iStockphoto here.
iStockphoto started in 2001. It is a royalty free, international microstock provider of photography online operating with micropayment business model. They sell stock image online and make them available to people for affordable prices
Selling Images at iStockphoto Business Guide
The proponents of iStockphoto started the idea to buy and sell photo images. Before long, people worldwide wanted to share their artwork with iStock, which is addictive, rewarding, and fun. The company contributors pay a 20% base royalty rate for each file downloaded. You can even earn up to 40% for each file if you’re an exclusive distributor. These distributors make iStock their exclusive online royalty-free agent. They grab more attention, get a chance to upload their files with Getty Images, and receive a higher royalty rate.
Selling Images at iStockphoto Business Plan
Selling in iStock can be done in three simple steps:
1. Become a member – before you can contribute, you must become an iStock member first. Don’t worry; it’s free to sign up on their official website.
2. Apply as a contributor – click on the “Apply” button for the type of file that you want to contribute. Then, start reading the manual. The only thing you have to do is take one quick quiz once you’ve already learned the ropes.
3. Submit three art samples – when you’ve passed the quiz, you’ll be asked to submit at least three original art samples. Just keep that manual bookmarked to show off your best work.
There are a lot of advantages to work from home by selling images at iStockphoto to make money. You will not just make money; you’ll also improve your skills and become a better photographer both in image editing and photography. In fact, one image can be sold many times and you can end up making money from small sales to a few large ones. iStockphoto is also friendly to amateur photographers – you don’t have to be a professional to sell your photographs.
Decide to grow with iStock and challenge yourself to meet the tough quality standards of this microstock website. Learn from the best since their international contributor base is ready to offer tricks and tips in their forums. Finally, reach your potential and blend creativity with hard work so that you could be the next one to quit your day job.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Starting a Funeral Home Business
- Ideas for Home Based Business
- How to Start a Home Baking Business?
- Starting a Home Health Agency
- Starting a Woodworking Business
- How to Start a Hair Extension Business?
- Starting Home Sewing and Embroidery Business
- Start a Home-based CAD Drafting Business
- Start Your Own Homemade Preserves and Pickle Business
Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)