Starting a Planet Fitness Franchise
Planet Fitness is not an ordinary gym. It has a no-pressure, friendlier version, and a franchise business model that works. Clearly, don't you think that this successful and innovative concept is the right choice? We have gathered plenty of information for you.
Planet Fitness inspiration started in 1992 when Michael Grondahl, CEO, acquired a struggling gym located in Dover, NH. He sharply reduced prices in order to compete with better-known and better-financed brands.
There was an immediate impact and membership sales took off. Together with Chris Rondeau and Marc Grondahl (Michael’s brother), an entrepreneurial fervor was added to the gym business. They analyzed their customer base and market positions. Then they reached the conclusion that majority of health clubs put too much energy and considerable expense into childcare, group-exercise programming, and other services that majority of members don’t utilize.
Planet Fitness Franchise Business Plan
By eliminating these services and their running expense, they were able to charge very low fees. So they continued to refine the business model of Planet Fitness. By 2003, the company has five clubs in the New Hampshire area and continued to lay the foundation for a franchising operation. Now, Planet Fitness has about 264 clubs operating in 31 states. No other health club offers the same comparable value or competes in the same niche.
Here are the services available to a franchisee during the startup phase:
- Site selection as well as lease-negotiation assistance.
- Financing assistance without any cost.
- Construction assistance and club layout from an experienced design staff.
- Comprehensive training on running a Planet Fitness Franchise.
In addition, there’s ongoing support and marketing expertise that will be given. This support includes:
- Orientation sessions and extensive trainings
- Monthly workshops on club operations
- Club website attracting more than 250,000 hits every month
- Monthly “mystery shopper” and franchisee newsletter.
Planet Fitness Franchise Business Clients
Here are some of what the franchisees have to say:
“For over 15 years, I’ve been a personal trainer in the fitness industry. I found Planet Fitness when I began my search for my own health club. Now, I have three successful franchises and will continue to open one per year at the minimum,” said CJ Bouchard.
“Ever since we converted four health clubs to models of Planet Fitness Franchises, we’re now growing at a rate of 3-5% a year and operating 10 profitable locations,” revealed Jeff Innocenti.
“It has been a financially rewarding and exciting experience to become a Planet Fitness Franchisee. The company’s philosophy reignited by enthusiasm, and now, I look forward to a prosperous and long relationship,” stated Joseph Pepe.
“As former owner and founder of Frogs Athletic Clubs, I am now a Planet Fitness Franchisee. If given the chance, I would convert my clubs to a Planet Fitness Franchise,” admitted Roger Bates.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- LA Fitness Franchise
- Buying Athlete's Foot Franchise
- How to Start a Stretch-N-Grow Franchise
- Starting Your Own GNC Franchising Business
- Starting Your Own Massage Envy Franchise
- Anytime Fitness Franchise
- Start a Gold's Gym Franchise
- Buy a HealthSource Chiropractic and Progressive Rehab Franchise
- Open Jenny Craig Franchise