Starting a Fax Marketing Service Business
This article discusses what an aspiring entrepreneur needs to know about starting a fax marketing business: the benefits of fax marketing and the laws governing fax marketing.
Along with the innovations in communications come fax machines. The evolution of these machines can be traced back as early as the 19th century.
However, it was only in the middle part of the ‘70s when the modern fax machine was born. It was the time when the cost of operation of such technology became cheaper. It was in Japan when the first digital fax machines were introduced as the Japanese headed the competition. In the middle part of the ‘80s, the use of machine became widely known and reached worldwide market as it became affordable.
Just like the telephone, many marketers saw the potential in the utilization of fax machines as a marketing strategy. A fax machines provides one a means to connect and transmit information from an individual to another. This information may come in all forms, even as advertisements, promotions, catalogues and brochures! In the same manner, fax machines allow consumers to send in their orders. And, with the advent of computers, many of these also come and include a fax or a modem which allows customers to transmit faxes from their very own desktop.
Because of the promise of fax machines as a marketing strategy, starting a fax marketing service business is a highly recommended idea among aspiring entrepreneurs. Many would ask, “What are the important things one would need to know about starting a fax marketing service business?”
If you aspire to be in this kind of business, you should know about the benefits of the services you are offering to your customers, and the governing laws regarding this marketing strategy.
The benefits of fax marketing include the following:
- It is user-friendly. It does not require specialist knowledge.
- It is cost-efficient. Compared to mailed advertisements which may cost around 42 cents, a fax may be free. This is especially true even in instances where the customers are from overseas. Fax marketing service business can send a bulk of faxes in as low as 20 cents each!
- It provides a tactile approach to your strategy. The brochures, advertisements, catalogues and pamphlets a marketer sends into their customers can be in hard printed copies. Because fax machines are also keeping up with the innovations in technology, some of these can provide a 200 dpi or dots per inch resolution and sometimes, even higher.
- It can be personalized. Instead of sending in the conventional printed note, one can make use of his or her own handwritten note to a customer or a client.
However, before engaging in this business, there are laws to abide with in fax marketing service business. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act provides that businesses are prohibited to use fax machines in the advertisement of their products and services. But, this provides an exception to those with prior relationship or a relationship known as EBR (existing business relationship). This, however, is limited only to purchase, queries and inquiries and contact. In addition, the Junk Fax Protection Act provides for the set parameters in sending faxes to prospective clients and customers.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Why is Marketing Important to a Business
- Why Social Media Marketing
- What is Viral Marketing
- Where to Market Your Business
- Steps to Establish Brand Name for Your Product
- Starting a Marketing Branding Company
- Mascot - A Marketing Tool for a Business
- Making Money with Marketing Pond
- Local Television Advertising Rates
- Types of Viral Marketing
- Gym Membership Promotions
- How to Market Tourism