How to Start a Post Office Business
Starting a post office business is one of the ventures that are ideal to jump start. However, the competition in post office business is quite tough.
Identifying your reason in choosing this business plays a major role.
A post office business is ideal to start up in new communities. Apparently, this kind of business is been sprouting like mushrooms nevertheless, many entrepreneurs are interested to explore this venture. However, before you decide to run a post office business you should know and understand all the important details regarding the business. This business industry is ever changing that is why it is important that you should be prepared for the possible changes. Running a post office business offers different services that include mail distribution, payment of benefits, banking and other services. A post office business is a venture that spends hours serving other people. Initiative, patience and enthusiasm are some of the important characteristics that can help anyone to start this business and drive it forward.
Rules and Regulations
Just like starting any other kind of business, the success depends on your business plan. You should indicate in the business plan the size and location of your prospect business. In this way, you can determine the appropriate that you need to start the business. In case that you do not have enough resources to finance your start up capital, you can apply for business loan from banks and other lending companies. In this stage, the accuracy of your business plan plays a big role because the lender will review the context of the business plan. If they found out that your business proposal is profitable then they will approve your loan request. That is why as much as possible, you should incorporate all the important details in your business plan.
In like manner, before you can operate the business you need to comply with the necessary procedures. One of the requirements to operate this business is to obtain license as a sub-postmaster. Make sure that you do not have any criminal record as well as bankruptcy record. A contract will be made that is negotiable in terms of termination. In addition, you will need to secure business licenses and permits to make your venture legal.
Running a post office business would be profitable depending on the services offered. That is why aside from selling stamps you should include other services such as selling other office supplies. You can also incorporate other facilities such as photo copying, sending faxes as well as internet facilities. In addition, lottery ticket machines are also ideal add on facilities in your post office business. Keep in mind that your income depends on the transactions you make. In this sense, you need to maximize the opportunity by expanding your services.
- You can't "start-up" a post office.. All post office's are owned by the government, all postal workers are federal employees, and most importantly, all post office's are NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS. Maybe you could own a UPS store or something, but not a USPS establishment.
- Elko, Nev US. I have a question about the 'how to statements above. I went through a bankruptcy 10 years ago . Also a divorce brought on by the same. IS there any way I can ever be free of this? I have plans and dreams that i can more than bring about but these types of things are hindrances that I could not control. DO you have an answer?
- I believe the government no longer owns the post offices nationwide, they now broker their name to the post offices, the post offices now pay so much money to use the Government Affiliation per year to run it's post offices. Therefore, I believe anyone can open a post office as long as they have a plan on how to service the public, city, town, or village. Anything has to be better than the poor service they give the nation now; along with being paid too much for little work. It has always been like that for postal workers of any kind to be paid more than they are worth for crappy service.
- @Jennifer, you obviously don't know a thing about the post office and the workers , they are paid decent wages yes, they have a union, and the work is not so much physical. But, they do a great job moving the millions of pieces of mail to you and millions of other americans. They aren't a private company as you profess, unlike you, they are working right now as you sit on your high horse probably eating a ham and cheese sandwich and a bowl of ice cream complaining about something you know nothing about. If you think you can do the job better, you should apply for a job, but maybe you don't want to work, instead you prefer to sit back and judge things that you haven't a clue on. Get a life you piece of s#@*%
- Wayne is right. Jennifer is a piece of crap, an ignoramus who is completely uninformed on the politic of privatization and the plight of the postal workers in the hand to the U.S. Congress that is beholding the private sector who want to privatize the United States Postal Service probably for penny on a dollar. Sometime when you are ignorant about an issue, it is best not to say anything.
- proposed business location is Ireland
- Swaziland...can you be able to help me?
- We have a private owned establishment in our town. It is a book store with a real post office inside. The post office pays a good commission for buying stamps and sending packages. It is on a contract basis.
- Recently I bought a Pharmacy in a small town in NY I would like to open a post office in that location. So please guide me to open a post office. Thank you
- 6110 SW 7th Street, Margate FL 33068
- Hello. I would like more information on starting a small post office business to serve customers in my area. I'm looking into a copy/faxing service as well as shipping/mailing and money wiring. please give me some feedback on how I can start. I have rented a small office space in a shopping center that would be perfect. thanks
- I am interested in establishing a postal agency in Gaborone. I am supposed to submit a proposal, and a business plan. I am supposed to submit the financial plan and make a presentation on why I think I can succeed in the business. kindly help me with the proposal, the plan and the financial samples and guide me on the presentations.
- please I need a business proposal and business plan of a sub-postmaster.
- Hello, I want to open a post office in a new developed area in London, and don't know how to go about it. Can somebody advise me in what to do? I will appreciate your your response Thanks.
- I think some means they want to open a small courier business that serves the area. I have a similar idea as well. For I run a website that supports mail and email rather than phone as communication. Postal services in the area are mainly some ethnic group 's' domain and I wonder if some of us never get our mail if a lot of people are using our identity cards. And the mailbox rental at postal offices is so expensive.
- I like to set up a post office in our community I need a plan for a sub-postmaster.
- sir I need to your help open sub post office. Please help me .
- I want to open a post office in South Glens Falls, NY. So please guide me to open the post office. Thank you very much
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Start Your Own Saree Business
- How to Start Solar Energy Business
- How to Start Logistics Business?
- Starting a Plastic Recycling Business
- SWOT Analysis of Hotel Industry
- Starting a Roadside Assistance Business
- Start a Newspaper Business
- Start Your Own Banquet Hall Business
- How to Start a Respite Care Business
- Start Your Own Air Ambulance Service Business