Starting a Nursing Home Business

Perhaps you love to take care of people’s welfare and you wish to make that a business, but you don’t have any idea how. To add your knowledge, healthcare business is one of the most money making businesses ever.

This article will be a useful guide that you can refer while starting a nursing home business. You’ll be up and running in no time.

A nursing home is a wonderful business opportunity especially for those that love to take care of people. However, it is also a challenge to set up because of the many requirements that you have to comply with. You need not be afraid though because this article will guide you through the necessary process of setting up your own nursing home business.

In order to set up a nursing home you would need the following: credible staff, amenities, and safety equipment.

Credible Staff for Nursing Home

A nursing home is like a hospital. It is there to take care of the needs of old people as well as other people that cannot fend for themselves. Since you are taking care of people, you need only the best people that can ensure the comfort as well as the well-being of your residents.

For that aim, you would need to hire these kinds of employees:

• Licensed nurses or RNs
  • A diet specialist that can take care of assigning the right diet for the appropriate residents.
  • Social Services Workers
  • Sanitary workers like janitors

Safety Equipment for Nursing Home Business

Residents of a nursing home cannot easily react or notice right away the circumstances that warrant emergency action. Simply put, old people cannot run right away if there is a fire building up inside their rooms. Sometimes, people with dementia do not notice emergency situations at all and cannot cry for help. Because of this, you need to install specific emergency equipments.

To ensure the safety of your residents you would need to install smoke detectors that will detect the presence of fire early on. You would also need to install fire extinguishers that your staff can use in case of fire. Besides safety equipment, you would have to drill your employees in a pre-arranged emergency procedure so that they can react appropriately and bring your residents to safety. Fire exits should also be designated in order to facilitate rapid evacuation in case of emergency.

Amenities for Nursing Home

Your nursing home should have the necessary amenities that will your residents stay as comfortable as their own homes. Besides the staff, useful amenities would include:

• Laundry facilities, preferably set up on each floor for easy access by your residents.
  • A flat linen service
  • Monthly housekeeping services to assist those that cannot maintain their rooms for themselves.
  • Individual air conditioning and heating systems, because nursing home residents have different individual needs for these systems.
  • Emergency response system

• Starting a Nursing Agency
    Do you want to learn the steps on how to start a nursing agency? There are important ways that you must consider in order to start such agency effectively and with ease.
  • Steps to Become a Nursing Home Administrator
    The fact is undeniable that one willing to become a nursing home administrator must apply brain and know this profession keenly. Hardships in managing nursing homes should be understood through finding tools to turn stressful situations into pleasantries.

• 1. Aurelia Mejia said on 2/20/2009 5:40:14 PM
    Just like normal woman who want to have their own financial freedom, I myself have a nursing Home Business dream. i have this dream because i love taking care of people and elderly persons and i really have passion in this occupation, so i spoke to my friend whose dream is like mine but our problem is to whom we can ask help and guide for the procedure on how to start our plan and dream.
  • 2. adam said on 2/25/2009 3:42:06 PM
    Hi i am interested in starting up my own nursing home/retirement home. I have not got a lot of funds so will need help in advice of how to find the funds and where to start. Regards Adam
  • 3. logan Durasamy said on 3/4/2009 5:05:28 AM
    I have a large building which use to be a nursing home, I had to close it due to illness, i have not been able to sell it, so I am looking for a partner to help reopening the nursing home again. please contact me if anybody is interested, the site is in Lincoln.
  • 4. Freddi said on 4/9/2009 6:46:43 PM
    I heard that I need something called an ARCH license to open a care home in Hawaii. Does anyone know where I can obtain such a license?
  • 5. Melina said on 5/11/2009 2:10:48 AM
    I am a LPN with no funds to began with and have been wanting to own my own nursing home, which is the field I work in, but don't have a clue on where to begin or what I will need to get started. Asked some people where I work and they claim they don't have a clue or so they say!
  • 6. Norberto said on 5/11/2009 8:29:54 PM
    Hi, I have the big corner house with plenty of bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and plenty of patio. I also have some funds. But I have no idea How much money will take or other problems. I have a medium clue.
  • 7. James Warren said on 6/14/2009 10:42:32 AM
    Looking for a partner with a building suitable for a nursing home. he/she will be a partner with myself and my mother. I have some funds also my mother is a highly experienced and highly qualified nurse. Please e-mail if you are interested and think you have a building that will work for a nursing home. E-mail: wrrnjms@aol.com
  • 8. Carolyn Williams said on 6/17/2009 3:41:46 PM
    I would like to start my own nursing facility or retirement home. Need financing but have plenty of access to land just need money and a plan.
  • 9. Amy Ronaldson said on 7/9/2009 3:01:20 PM
    Hi, I am looking to open my own nursing home and have just started researching... I am a registered nurse and I would love to have a home providing really excellent care. I would appreciate any advice on obtaining funding or if any one happens to be looking for a business partner. I am in Hertfordshire. email amyronaldson@hotmail.co.uk
  • 10. ingrid allen said on 7/11/2009 5:27:47 AM
    I too have a desire to open my own nursing or residential home but haven't got a clue where to start. I am a registered nurse and ward manager so enough experience in this field. I don't know how to go about securing funding, property etc. I am in east London
  • 11. Seth Buchanan said on 8/18/2009 9:28:24 AM
    Hello, I am a nursing student graduating this December. As many of you, I wish to open an Assisted Living Facility/Nursing Home. My beginning experience in health care has been mostly with Alzheimer's patients and their families. That experience was amazing and I only can hope that I can make this happen sometime in the near future. Just hoping for some advice or information on how to get going. Thanks.
  • 12. Wendy said on 9/9/2009 8:49:31 PM
    Hello, I'm a LPN and I have rental property it's a ranch 4beds 2bath w/basement in VA would like to care for patients in my home maybe elderly or alzheimers patients if you have any information in my state or how i can get started or advice. thanks
  • 13. GLORIA SANTOS said on 9/23/2009 1:43:12 AM
    HI! I'VE ALWAYS BEEN INTERESTED IN CARING FOR PEOPLE. MY DREAM WAS TO BECOME A DOCTOR, BUT LANDED IN ACCOUNTANCY INSTEAD. I AM NOW IN MY FORTIES BUT STILL FIND FULFILLMENT IN SERVING THE SICK. DO I NEED TO BE A NURSE FIRST TO BE ABLE TO GO INTO THIS BUSINESS? IT WILL BE GREAT IF YOU CAN RECOMMEND ME A DETAILED GUIDE OR BOOK THAT CAN GIVE ME THE HOW TO'S IN ITS OPERATION TOGETHER WITH THE NECESSARY REQUIREMENT TO OPERATE IN CANADA. HOW MUCH CAPITAL DO I NEED, AS WELL AS MY RETURN ON INVESTMENT?
  • 14. Billy F. said on 9/28/2009 10:00:41 PM
    I am interested in getting in the nursing home business or assisted living business. Looking for someone who is selling or a partner or even someone in the business who can mentor me. Please contact me at goldfish6363@hotmail.com
  • 15. Sabah khan said on 10/4/2009 7:51:52 PM
    I want to start nursing home business please advice me how to start. Please contact me through my email or you can call me at 281-492-7614
  • 16. Annie said on 10/9/2009 1:06:10 AM
    I would like to have a few elderly to take care I have four bedroom. Need information. Thanks in advance
  • 17. Regina Johnson said on 10/17/2009 7:27:02 PM
    I am looking to open a 50 bed facility, I have been in the nursing home business for over 20 years, if someone can help me on where or how would I start.
  • 18. tracey ann egdell said on 10/20/2009 9:30:25 AM
    please can you advise me how i get started opening a nursing house. i have already the property i need help with what forms and applications i need to apply for. thank you
  • 19. Yolanda Booker said on 10/22/2009 7:56:42 AM
    I am currently a LPN and I would like to start my own nursing home. I need to know how to get started as well as information on grants and funding.
  • 20. assumptha said on 10/22/2009 1:56:14 PM
    I am amazed to know about people of similar interest for I have been spending sleepless nights thinking about setting up a nursing home after experiencing with my aged parents with neurological disorders. I live in pondy in India and I was not able to find any nursing home with the perspective of aging and also learned many old people are not able to end their life with dignity as they are left alone. It is myth to say old people are taken care at home. Lot of changes are happening due to urbanization and industrialization. I strongly feel the need to set up nursing home for the aged, that is my goal, I could give my time 100% work hard to any extent, but no money, my spirit is willing but not know what is the possible.
  • 21. Nick said on 10/31/2009 10:05:34 PM
    I'm a member of an nonprofit organization, having over 2000 members and we are thinking to start a nursing home to serve our community. We are in Florida and we have a great need for a nursing home. We don't know if it is possible and where to start from. Your advise is needed. Thanks.
  • 22. khrisnee Dabee said on 11/20/2009 8:18:43 AM
    I have a land where i want to setup the business starting by constructing the building. I need more ideas and help to develop my business.. Regards, Khrisnee
  • 23. Jim said on 11/26/2009 10:07:34 PM
    I live in Wilmington, DE but I am originally from Ghana. Like Assumpta says of India, I realize there is not a single nursing home in Ghana. Both of my parents are old. My mother is in particular is blind and cannot walk. My only sister who has a disability in her legs has to take care of her; lifting here every now then. my sister is wearing out meanwhile my mother will not allow us her sons to do anything for her. I have a degree and masters in business administration but works as a chaplain. I want to return to Ghana and start a nursing home business. I need money and also equipment to be able to do this to help many old ones in my mother's or worse situations. I need business advice, finance and any equipment donations.
  • 24. April said on 12/11/2009 5:27:31 AM
    For all of you who want to start a nursing home/or adult care in your home, first as always check with your state start with the department of health and they can direct you to what is needed as far as the facility site, how many residents allowed, forms and licenses to get. Usually if you want to open up an adult family home, states have limits up to 6 people in the home. License fees vary from $50 and up. You may have to attend an orientation to explain the process and what is exactly needed in your home, like window size, room size, escape planning, hiring practices etc. Some states allow you to have one unrelated person for you to care for without a business license. But in order for you to make a profit you have to have more than one. Try to get the maximum capacity to make a profit. An adult family home is the cheapest route to starting a home care business. You can also get a boarding license but your state may charge you for each bed in the facility. Adult family homes are not charged for each bed. Boarding license resident capacity is larger depending on what kind of care facility so instead of 6 it can be 12 capacity or more. Nursing homes have to get a boarding license and is more of an expensive start up. I am really thinking big I want to start a retirement community and that is really an expensive start up. For those who are non profit. Seek out a grant writer. They are expensive but still you would have an easier time getting a grant or check out the library they have many books on how to write a grant to save you money. For the person who inquired about grants, do not fall for those infomercials all they want is for you to pay a fee and you get nothing. Grants are for non-profit businesses. You can become a non-profit but be careful who you have on the board of directors. Even though you are the owner they can vote you out and dictate how much you get paid. Choose your board of directors wisely.
  • 25. BISWA RANJAN PATTJOSHI said on 12/15/2009 1:40:55 AM
    PLEASE TELL ME WHAT INVESTMENT I NEED TO START A NURSING HOME
  • 26. kokila said on 12/25/2009 6:57:30 AM
    hai i am an indian girl married to an malaysian citizen now staying in selangor, Malaysia. i finished nursing and have 6 month experience. can u tell me how can i start a nursing home and what are the procedures and how can i get a fund for this
  • 27. seema said on 12/26/2009 5:25:40 PM
    I live in California, me and my friend want to start a nursing home/ adult care home, we both are nurses but don't know how to get started? please advise..
  • 28. Alex said on 12/28/2009 12:06:44 AM
    Hello I'm in New York. We are interested in starting a Nursing Home, trying to get all the info together. We are planing from about 60 to 100 beds. Can any one provide us with any of the following info, what are the chances of getting the C.O.N? How much of total investment is required? Is it possible to get any grants if yes how much and how? Is there any one looking for a partner in N.Y. who is building? please call 917 577-5382
  • 29. Ntombie Memeza said on 1/9/2010 10:51:10 PM
    We would like to set up a nursing home in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. We are professionals in the Health and Social Care having studied and worked in the UK. What are the chances of getting grants? Anyone with useful info, please do get in touch.
  • 30. John Ajayi said on 1/19/2010 12:49:16 PM
    We are in Lowell, Massachusetts, Middlesex County. My wife and I are both Licensed Nursing Home Administrators, we are very much interested in establishing a quality Nursing Home that includes Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation and hoping to expand. We know the process and what to do to accomplish the goal but we don't have money (fund) therefore, we are interested in forming partnerships with anyone or group that can provide fund and we provide our expertise and logistics to establishing it in any location in the US. We have knowledge, experience and commitments. If you're interested please email me johnajayi21@comcast.net.
  • 31. Leon Yakobson said on 1/20/2010 1:44:57 PM
    I'm working with mentally ill people and they are getting older. Currently in New York city it is very hard to place mentally ill person to a nursing home due to huge paper work(LeveII approval, evaluations...) My friend and I thinking about opening our own nursing home. Please, if you have any information how it should be done step by step. Thank you in advance.
  • 32. musu said on 2/5/2010 12:26:53 PM
    my passion and occupation is to take care of elderly people, and my goal is to establishing a quality Nursing Home. I had been in the healthcare field for more then 25years both short and long team care. I need help for funding and startup the nursing. I am staying with my husband and our 2teenager 19 and 17yrs in Seattle WA in Shoreline King county mususanyang@verizon.net.
  • 33. Soubhagya Keshari Jena said on 2/10/2010 11:17:15 AM
    I would like to open a nursing home, please suggest me the formalities and requisites in every aspect like investment, legalities, equipment etc.. The venturing location in Puri, Orissa, India.
  • 34. Johnson Chacko said on 2/19/2010 8:55:07 AM
    I live in Brampton Ontario and I work with the senior people. My passion is to start a nursing home. I need some advice on how to start a nursing home... the process and how much of financial assistance I will get. I will greatly appreciate if you have any information on how to start a nursing home. My e-mail ID is johnchacko111@hotmail.com
  • 35. Liliana J. de la Torre said on 2/23/2010 2:24:57 PM
    I live in San Antonio, TX. I have 3 years experience as a health care professional. I would like to start my own senior care home. please advice. liliana.delatorre@wayland.wbu.edu
  • 36. Surendra pratap said on 3/15/2010 10:33:47 AM
    I am planing to open nursing home. How much minimum fund? Contact no 09431660538. I belong from BIHTA(PATNA) BIHAR INDIA
  • 37. Ksenia said on 4/4/2010 7:27:11 PM
    Please help to start up a nursing home in Bay Area. Is there lack of such a service? What is the initial investment volume? Whether to start only with borrowed capital?
  • 38. dr dhillon said on 4/11/2010 11:09:34 AM
    myself i am a surgeon and my wife a pathologist. please advise me how to go about planning a nursing home with maternity, surgical, laboratory etc facility.
  • 39. Dorothy Moody said on 4/12/2010 3:24:13 PM
    I need to know how to set up a nursing home, who do I talk with or where do I go in Florida to get the information I need.
  • 40. Salvacion V. Patague said on 4/27/2010 2:49:20 PM
    I am interested to start a business regarding taking care of an elderly. I am a registered nurse from Philippines and have a hospital experience from USA. I worked in Canada as an adult caregiver and so passionate in taking care of the aged people. I am a registered PSW after taking the PSW bridging course and passing the required exam. Its my dream to become a successful holder of this business. I hope someone could help me starting it.
  • 41. Hope Martin said on 4/28/2010 5:08:04 PM
    i would like to start a nursing home business in Poinciana, Florida
  • 42. claretta hopkins said on 4/30/2010 6:11:51 PM
    I've been a cna for over twenty years i been interesting starting my own nursing home but i dont have the funds. How do i get information about grants and loans and all the information about starting up.
  • 43. jayson D said on 5/5/2010 10:18:05 PM
    need help in starting my own nursing home step by step process. i'd like to congregate with like minded people as well. pls feel free to comment me. thnaks!
  • 44. Clare said on 5/6/2010 7:27:55 PM
    Hi, i've moved last year from new jersey to Arizona and since then i am out of job. I am a dental hygienist but i found out they want me to be anesthesia certified. A long story short now i found out that i could very well make a living other then hygiene lol. So now i am interested in taking care of old people and here in arizona is a good business. Dont have much knowledge about the business but i am willing to go for it with a proper business partner So if anyone interested email me :)
  • 45. Lin Li said on 5/10/2010 3:34:30 AM
    Hi, my name is Lin, and I would like to know how to start a nursing home business, please contact me through my email linli612@gmail.com
  • 46. didi said on 5/14/2010 5:39:41 AM
    hi i would like to know the steps on how to open a nursing home in new jersey also how to get the fund/financing. thanks
  • 47. gilberto ancheta said on 5/14/2010 6:46:17 AM
    I worked as a Healthcare assistant/support worker for the elderly, Learning Disabled and those with brain injuries in Homes and in their own residences in London and Eastbourne UK for almost 5 years whilst studying NVQ in Social Care Level 3 and 4. I am wondering if anybody could give me information on how to put up a nursing Home here in the Philippines. Thanks
  • 48. Jessica said on 5/14/2010 10:51:54 AM
    I am very interested in opening my own nursing home, and I was wondering what I would have to do to start one. For instance what kind of degree, training etc?
  • 49. Linda Power said on 5/25/2010 8:44:01 AM
    We own 17 room historic Inn that we feel would be perfect for a nursing home. Each room has a private bath, we have a large dining room, commercial kitchen, lounge and parlor and a huge deck over looking the harbor in Lunenburg Nova Scotia. How would we proceed to make this building a nursing home business. Thank you for your assistance.
  • 50. iyabode said on 6/5/2010 12:27:53 PM
    Please i would like to know how to start a nursing or a residential home in Nigeria West Africa i am in my forties my dream has been to set up a home for the elderly in Nigeria since they do not have this kind of settings. My hobby is taking care of people i love doing this and i have passion for it. At the moment i do not know how to start and where to start from please i need your advise and how to get a financial support, i am currently studying health studies and social policy at the university.
  • 51. Ebby said on 6/12/2010 12:18:52 PM
    I looking for a partner to fund or provide accommodation in or around of Accra to set up an assessment centre for youth. If anyone is interested please contact me for more information. Ebby.
  • 52. Suresh Lohano said on 6/12/2010 3:21:56 PM
    i want to build and start a nursing home in washington, In . please email me if somebody can advice or suggest how to start.
  • 53. G.k.Menon said on 6/17/2010 3:53:53 AM
    The health care business is growing tremendously in New Delhi, India, projecting high profit and comparatively very low cost of operation. If anybody Interested to invest fund in this line, I offer administration, faculty, marketing etc. on profitsharing basis. Write at my email.
  • 54. Kelli Paaluhi said on 6/22/2010 12:30:18 AM
    I am very interested in opening a care home located in Hilo, Hawaii! I am currently taking a cna course and practicing my skills and getting ready for the Red Cross exam. I heard that CNA's are allowed to open a care home is that true? Would I need liability insurance? My family is willing to turn 1 of their property home into a wheel chair accessible care home that could accommodate 5 to 6 clients. How many clients are we allowed to care for? I have 6 years experience working as a chore worker and personal care aide. My passion is to care for these Very Important People whose families live on the mainland and don't want to live in a care facility. I've seen a lot of robotic care givers and that is not what a senior citizen needs.
  • 55. Haroon Rashid said on 6/27/2010 9:01:18 AM
    I want to buy Nursing Home in India. If any body know kindly email me.
  • 56. PJ said on 6/30/2010 3:14:00 PM
    I am interested in opening a nursing home in a major city of Georgia and needed detailed information on getting started. So please help me get started.
  • 57. chithra said on 7/1/2010 8:15:08 AM
    I am in bangalore I am trying to sell nursing home that is in sarjapur road, bangalore, karnataka, India
  • 58. Geoffrey moriasi said on 7/1/2010 10:00:38 AM
    Am an occupational therapy student in college. I have developed a strong interest in working with aged patients since gerontology is my best subject in college. I have been placed in various hospitals and rehabilitation centers during my practicals and i have realized the need to establish gerontic homes for the aged people bearing in mind the occupational performance challenges they undergo through due to deteriorating physical and psychological functions. please advise me on this matter.
  • 59. Aji Joseph said on 7/4/2010 7:24:41 AM
    i am looking for a partner to start a Residential Care Home for Learning Disability People in Northern Ireland. ajiuk@hotmail.co.uk
  • 60. Lani said on 7/6/2010 8:31:59 PM
    I have always been interested in putting up a senior's home or retirement home. It started when my father died and my mother was left on her own. I live in the Philippines and I believe there are many people who would want to retire here. I am willing to invest my time and mind to it but don't have to fund to start. I have started writing down the plan and the staff to work on it. If anyone is interested, please email me at lanaval@gmail.com. My previous jobs were in non profit organizations helping the poor or the sick in the country.
  • 61. Prof. Leela said on 7/8/2010 4:47:53 AM
    I'm looking forward to start an oldage home in Kerala, India. People interested to associate please contact me atprofbleela@gmail.com
  • 62. kuldeep said on 7/17/2010 9:00:24 AM
    Agra, UP . I have my own 15 rooms with premises of 500sq yards. what will be investment and your support & guidance.
  • 63. joban, Kerala said on 7/18/2010 6:03:42 AM
    In reference to Prof.Leela's response, I'm also interested in doing something similar in Kerala. I would like to hear from Prof. Leela as I'm unable to contact her. Thanks
  • 64. Saboowalla, LPN said on 7/22/2010 1:14:06 PM
    Hi guys, I am an LPN in ATL, Georgia and would like to connect with people who desire to open or start up their own adult care, nursing home or personal care home. contact me on 786 231 7060 or email me on sabir4u42@yahoo.com
  • 65. ERMA SULLIVAN said on 7/23/2010 4:37:09 PM
    I have found a facility to start a assisted living business. I would like to know if I could get some type of grant to purchase this building. If you have any ideas please call 9032634353. I live in Marshall, Texas. Feel free to write or call me. My address is 2508 evans st.Marshall,Texas 75670
  • 66. Joyline Mandanji said on 7/25/2010 10:59:21 AM
    I am an African and a nurse by profession in my country, Zambia, Central Africa. I have the passion to start a nursing home here but i do not have the means to, financially. I would like to be assisted on this. Please contact me on my email as above or my mobile phone. +260 977 401940. Joyline Mandanji
  • 67. Arfan Butt said on 7/29/2010 2:08:27 PM
    Hi we have a farmhouse in berkshire near heathrow in london in just under an acre of land and have applied for change of use of a care home of between 17 to 30 rooms subject to acceptance of plans if anyone has any services they can offer in terms of care home architects, development and running I would be interested to hear from you. If any one has any proposals to rent or jointly run or be willing to work on the basis of targets please get in touch I run a care agency myself so have extensive knowledge on domiciliary care but lack in the care home side. Please contact me with any ideas, proposals and advice on arfanrbutt@hotmail.com
  • 68. SB Care Solutions said on 8/4/2010 6:55:41 AM
    Hi, I am hoping some one may be able to help.... Me and a worker partner are looking to set up a service for adults with Learning disabilities who have challenging behaviors. Between the two of us we have over 20 years experience within this field, we currently arrange, manage and oversee a large number of high cost placements. The problem we are struggling with is find a property to rent/lease which would be suitable to open as service. We are looking in and around Essex so if any one has any ideas or a property which they are willing to rent please contact either one of us at sbcaresolutions@live.co.uk
  • 69. Roshan jacob said on 8/5/2010 2:33:51 AM
    Hello, I'm Roshan Jacob from Bangalore, India and i'm in the business of caring old people past 9 years both home based and institutionalized. I do consult for setting up old age homes, care homes and Assisted living facilities. Anyone wants to set up institutions can contact me in my email address. It is a growing area with good returns and a service to the society. Thanks, Roshan (advantagejacob@gmail.com)
  • 70. janira rodriguez said on 8/17/2010 11:05:15 PM
    hi my name is janira and i'm super interested in starting up a nursing home i am currently an R.N please contact me in my email.. prncesa18@hotmail.com
  • 71. peeyush sharma said on 8/19/2010 7:26:15 AM
    hello...i m Peeyush Sharma from Haryana. I am interested to open old age home please guide me and send the formalities. with thanx
  • 72. Nthabiseng said on 8/19/2010 9:02:16 AM
    My cousin and i would like to open a home for the aged and the sick in MOEKA South Africa. we are both qualified nurses. we need any advises on how to start and the requirements or any one who wants to be a partner. You can E mail me on nthabi37@webmobile.co.za or call 0768167096
  • 73. Louise said on 8/20/2010 9:42:10 AM
    hello i am a registered nurse who is looking at starting up my own nursing home, I have experience in nursing within the patients own homes and in residential/nursing homes, it has always been an ambition of mine to start up a nursing home and have recently see a home that would be ideal, i have no funds to start up and i am unsure of ALL the regulations that we will require in this home if it is truly "ideal"please could you advice me of any funding that is available and were i can get the help and advice to get me started, many thanks
  • 74. vinit kumar said on 8/22/2010 4:42:06 AM
    pls guide me as i want to open a nursing home esp. for gyaene and related problems with very modern equipments for delivery and other gynecological problems as well as child care in steel city, jamshedpur.
  • 75. sonia tester said on 8/27/2010 12:50:51 PM
    hi all. my husband and myself wish to start up a residential care home in or near to Warwickshire. Between us we have the qualifications the drive and enthusiasm. the only thing we don't have is the cash flow to start up with. So we are looking for either an investor or a small care home/bed and breakfast that can be rented to us. our aim is to provide a very unique home for learning disabilities which will promote independence and provide a much needed service in our area with a little something different, for more information and genuine interest please contact us
  • 76. carlos leiva said on 8/29/2010 1:03:08 PM
    I,am interested in starting my own nursing care facility. I would like specifics on how to start this process.
  • 77. Katina Beane said on 8/30/2010 1:37:35 PM
    I am interested in starting my own Longterm Care Nursing Facility at least 40 to 60 beds to start. I would like to be medicare and medicaid certified. I am a nurse, and licensed nursing home administrator. I have been in long term care for over 16 years in almost every aspect of departments. I would like to get any help as to, assistance with grants to get started and how to begin this process. I love the elderly, and my goal is to start up my own LTC facility and give the best care and love to the elderly. Please contact me at 314-799-3385 if anyone has any information to get started or buildings to begin the process. My location is Normal Illinois... thanks
  • 78. L. Penaflor said on 9/4/2010 10:07:06 PM
    I have worked as a nurse in a nursing home for 6 years now in the UK, but my dream is to start one in the Philippines. There are several beautiful locations I would like to build it in, staff wise is not a problem as we have surplus of nurses. My vision for it is to be a like a retirement home in a beach front location with loads of activities and amenities and equipped with modern nursing equipments. The set back for me is the financial side of the things, because on how to run it that I have no problem. If only someone will finance this dream.
  • 79. jane said on 9/7/2010 4:14:20 AM
    L.Penaflor: Hi, I am researching on how to put up a retirement community and I bump into your message. I have a property in Antipolo, about a hectare, I will be retiring soon, I am now almost 60 years old and during my younger days, I have always been into taking care of peoples travel needs. Since now that I am on my retirement age, I want to continue taking care of people my age or older. You can be of help.
  • 80. Giri said on 9/7/2010 6:46:25 AM
    Hi, friends, I am an Army Officer, about to retire from Army and want to establish a old age home near Haridwar/Rishikesh/Dev Bhumi Uttrakhand in India, I have no land/ enough money/enough ideas. The ambition of my life is to serve old citizen who really need help. Is there any body who can help me to fulfill my ambition.
  • 81. birendra patnaik said on 9/15/2010 12:50:11 PM
    i need financial help to start a Nursing Home in koraput dist , state-orissa, india. any help-birendra.patnaik@hotmail.com
  • 82. christine said on 9/19/2010 6:39:51 PM
    Hi am trying to find out what i need to open a sported living home for people with learning disability, am senior support work am looking to start my own. caring for people is what i have done most of my life i love it and i have experience. how do i go about starting my own please help
  • 83. Monica Walkes said on 9/19/2010 6:44:28 PM
    hi, i would like advice on setting up a group home for young people with learning disabilities. I would need funding and support, i have worked in social care for 13 years. Could you please point me in the right direction south london england
  • 84. Cheve said on 9/27/2010 4:01:34 PM
    Hi i would like advice on setting up a group home for people with mental disabilities. i've worked in this field for 13yrs, now i would like to start my own business. I would need funding and support and lots of information to get started. so can you please point me in the right direction. Brooklyn, New york
  • 85. Athena Tobie said on 9/27/2010 10:36:57 PM
    Sacramento Ca. I am presently in oklahoma I always dreamed of starting a non medical home for the elderly. I would like to know how to do this and if there is any funding available to start. For instance are there any grants available and what do i need to get started. I am interested in starting a business in or around Sacramento Ca.
  • 86. judy said on 9/28/2010 8:07:03 AM
    From Pennsylvania interested in opening a nursing home in 4 years, I will have accomplished my MSN and MBA, Need access to funding and legal advice.
  • 87. Ade said on 9/29/2010 12:53:36 PM
    My husband and I wish to start up a residential care home in or around Walsall, West Midlands, Birmingham. We have the qualifications, the drive and enthusiasm. But lack financial muscles to start up with. So we are looking How do i get information about grants and loans and all the information about starting up. Our aim is to provide a very unique home for learning disabilities which will promote independence and provide a much needed service in our area with something different, for more information and genuine interest please contact us on the above email address.
  • 88. Mu said on 9/30/2010 5:37:17 PM
    I want to start up a home health agency in Pennsylvania. I come from a business background and have worked as a CNA. What pointers could you give me to implement my plan.
  • 89. shaheer mohammed said on 10/3/2010 9:24:07 AM
    I am trying to start a nursing home in thrissure, thriprayar area, how can i start it.
  • 90. Telma Jose said on 10/3/2010 4:59:14 PM
    Me and my friend wish to start up a residential home in Norwich, Both of us are nurse managers. We got some of the funding, drive and enthusiasm. Could you guide us in the right direction.
  • 91. Otiti said on 10/5/2010 10:31:54 PM
    I would like to build a skilled nursing facility in Orangeburg South Carolina. I would like information on where to start, and funding. Where do I begin. I want to be the owner and set the foundation, and rules. I want a community of care. If you could send me a step by step guide. I want to have a community build for elderly care and I want to be there everyday hands on. Please help me-
  • 92. thomas said on 10/7/2010 5:51:14 PM
    i live in wellingborough united kingdom i need help in setting up my nursing agency and definitely need help with getting clients my email is firstchoice110@gmail.com
  • 93. Brandy JOnes said on 10/9/2010 4:20:05 PM
    i want to start my nursing home business in Duluth, Mn, United states
  • 94. ben ablon said on 10/11/2010 12:14:26 AM
    I am interested to operate a long term care in the state of Indiana. An engineer by profession but has no experience in the legal and regulatory part of planning and compliance part of the process. Your business guide and assistance would be a tremendous help. Regards, Ben Ablon
  • 95. Rachael said on 10/18/2010 12:52:58 PM
    I am interested in opening a nursing home possibly in Trenton, NJ, Mercer County. Please send me a business plan or any information available on the average expenses and revenue associated with this business. Thank you.
  • 96. president said on 10/19/2010 12:00:05 PM
    oklahoma city oklahoma usa. please help i am interested in learning on how to start my own nursing home like so many others but can not find much info. rest assured if u help me with info ur helping someone who has a heart to help not get the money because i would do this for free! txt me at 405!2$4#8@6^9!60*
  • 97. AKL Group- PARIMAL MAITI said on 10/21/2010 1:52:50 PM
    We are one of the leading manufacturing medical equipment company / Health care consultant company, we are supporting all over World. our head office India, City Kolkata , our website -www.aklindiagroup.com, mail-admin@aklindiagroup.com / aklindiagroup@rediffmail.com ph-91-9831060025/9903583300, we are always with you. make friendship with AKL.
  • 98. AKL Group- PARIMAL MAITI said on 10/21/2010 1:57:38 PM
    Hai, MARY OGUNSANYA, where you want to start nursing home , can you start your project in India .
  • 99. lin said on 10/26/2010 8:19:46 PM
    I am seeking advise re starting an adult family home in london uk. I dont have funds but would appreciate any advise with all the process required. I am currently a senior staff Nurse working in intensive care unit. please help.
  • 100. Edith said on 10/30/2010 9:57:38 AM
    I am a qualified nurse with lot of experience in different areas of my proffesion and i am interested in opening up a home for the elderly in my country Botswana. I have passion for this type of service and would like to get advice and guidance on how to start such facility and how to get financial support. Thanks in advance
  • 101. candace said on 11/1/2010 3:13:52 AM
    Hi I too have the desire to open my own personal care home. My first priority is to give quality care I think that is sooo important I would like to talk to someone on how to make this happen. Please feel free to connect. wcandace92@aol.com
  • 102. Trish said on 11/8/2010 4:29:59 PM
    We operate two assisted living facilities in Durango, CO. We are interested in starting a small nursing facility to compliment our continuum of care model. What startup costs would be involved from construction to staffing. . .on average? Thanks! :-)
  • 103. Debbie said on 11/9/2010 12:34:52 PM
    Mississauga, ON. Hi i'm interested in getting information about starting a home business for people with disabilities. Please feel free to contact me anytime....thx debbiesoucie@hotmail.com
  • 104. Carolyn said on 11/17/2010 7:43:29 AM
    I am in my mid 50s and have worked for the last 15 years in marketing communications where I run a team of 35 and a budget of over £10m. I am now looking to set up a care home for the active elderly in or around St Albans. I am a good team motivator, commercially savvy and full of common sense but I lack the premises or funding. I would be interested to hear from a builder/entrepreneur who would like to partner with me in this enterprise. Thanks
  • 105. jemal said on 11/30/2010 1:56:56 AM
    hi.i just need to have my own business like interested kind of nursing home ,do i need to get a license for that? ....now i am a nursing assistant(CNA)i really love to take care of elderly people like who need help. please shoot me for my address if you know what i need to have to start a nursing home business.thanks, please contact me. ojemal69@yahoo.com
  • 106. clare said on 11/30/2010 6:43:36 PM
    Hi, i just recently got my manager diploma to work as a manager in a nursing home facility or private home, and was wondering if i could rent a place with a license to open a home and just pay rent there? any suggestion? oh i live in Arizona. thanks.
  • 107. legaspi, Eulamae said on 12/2/2010 10:16:47 PM
    Good day! I am so optimist and really love to put up an elderly Home in our town for we dont have our own here...I love elderly people...how much and I was wondering what I would have to do to start one. like what kind of degree, training & finances I would prepare & how much To start...More power & God bless...my location is in Negros Occidental Philippines. email add.legaspi_eulamae@yahoo.com
  • 108. jijo joseph said on 12/4/2010 7:24:19 AM
    i would like to start nursing home in uk, manchester but main reason i am 28 yrs old student in uk, am indian and i have got only student visa. so can get bank loan for this purpose and if i get loan how many percentage will get.
  • 109. Nad nazir said on 12/5/2010 9:12:50 AM
    Hello I want to set up a old folks home too. I have the money and am a registered social worker. I am thinking London or Manchester I'n the uk. I would like someone to join hands with me. You can be a silent partner or someone who wants to run the business with me but the choice wills be urs. If you have the building great min bed 40 max no limit. Based anywhere in the uk. This is one area where business can not stop as everyone gets old one day. U can make lots of money and a rewarding career at the same time. Pls contact me on nadnazir@hotmail.com
  • 110. Edwin said on 12/5/2010 12:24:56 PM
    Hello There, I am really interested to open a nursing home in Vancouver British Columbia Canada in The city of Langley. I have a seven bedroom house sitting in 2.5 acres property that I intended to use to that projects, Anybody out there interested to work with me as a partner? Please respond or give me a call at 604-312-0200. Thanks, Edwin
  • 111. MURALEEDHARAN said on 12/7/2010 7:35:24 AM
    Hello,I have a long time desire to start an old ages home for no one to look after in my home town Palakkad, kerala state in India without any charge or payment. Have little source of money to run the home, but don't know where and how to start the first step. If you can give advice do it now please . thanks.contact 1905 782 0720.
  • 112. dr.t k chakrabarti said on 12/9/2010 1:02:27 PM
    I am a gynecologist and my wife is pediatrician and developmental specialist at kolkata. We have a land of about8000 sq. ft. We want to set up a nursing home and child development centre. He me mainly financially by arranging loan and or grant.
  • 113. Thomas A said on 12/11/2010 11:39:07 PM
    I and my wife have been working in a healthcare profession for many years. At this particular time, we have decided to open a home health care center for senior citizens in the city of Las Vegas, Nevada. If anyone knows a property for sale that can be used as a home health care center in Las Vegas, pls contact us using e-mail damogellila@yahoo.com
  • 114. Mr.SKBaliyarsingh said on 12/13/2010 8:08:56 AM
    We are interested to start a nursing home at puri, orissa. How much minimum amount will be required. our mission is to provide support to the need and innocent poor patient. Plz. help us.
  • 115. Kim Ngo said on 12/14/2010 3:07:04 AM
    Hi, I'm living in San Jose, Ca. I'm interested to start a nursing home around the bay area. What kind of license do I have to have in other to open nursing home business. Hope someone can help me. Kngo1128@yahoo.com
  • 116. PRATIM KUMAR HOME said on 12/16/2010 12:17:21 AM
    As there is no Nursing Home there even for cesar, it could be an extremely helpful as well as profitable business. Planning to set up a Nursing Home for maternity specifically.
  • 117. sameena said on 12/16/2010 9:21:11 AM
    Hi I have a great desire to set up a nursing home within the manchester area I am a registered social worker and have many years of experience within caring and Nursing homes if there is anyone who is interested in getting together then contact me on my email,,,sam_7_8_6@hotmail.co.uk am sure together we can do something and make our dreams come true....
  • 118. liju said on 12/17/2010 12:31:27 PM
    I and my wife have been working in a healthcare profession for many years. At this particular time, we have a great desire to set up a nursing home within surrey area in UK. What all the steps we have to follow and what will be the approximate cost for a 20 bedded nursing home. Hope some one can help me. My email lijulazar55@gmail.com
  • 119. Emma Brown said on 12/27/2010 12:43:38 PM
    I am planning on opening my own assisting living home . I have been working in the nursing field for over 30 years and feel that this is my dream to come true to help others. I need to know the do's and the don't for the state of Virginia. ebrown100999@yahoo.com.
  • 120. Equa Antai said on 12/28/2010 8:53:31 PM
    I live in Tulsa Okl. I am 23yrs old I started working in a nursing home at the age of 17yrs. After 4yrs i changed my career. Making double salary. I recently felt that i needed to return to the health care field because i felt I can make a difference in people lives. So i decided to take a pay cut. I presently work at a nursing home once again. But i have noticed a lot of residents are unhappy and lonely and all they really want is someone they can trust and to show them that they care. I believe i can establish an environment that is ran out of a house for the homely feeling with nothing but a few residents so they have more one on one attention. I really want to succeed at this plan but i do not know where to start or rather or not i should try to further my education and get more extensive schooling?
  • 121. charlotte said on 12/30/2010 8:05:23 PM
    Hi everyone. Care home business outside UK or USA is entirely different. First, you have to consider if people in your place can afford the fees you will charge. In the UK, it comes in different payment scheme such as, fully funded by government, half funded by govt. or fully paid by the patient/client. Each patient/client's needs will be assessed by a Local Council Staff(either residential or nursing needs) then the fees will depend on these needs. Furthermore,you need to have insurance in order to run the business, a place fully equipped with care home equipments, qualified staff to look after the clients/patients and of course MONEY. A nursing home needs a home manager and Qualified nurses. Residential home only need a Senior healthcare staff(not necessarily Nurse) as the in charge and the rest are healthcare assistants.
  • 122. mona rodgers said on 1/2/2011 4:54:34 AM
    Hi I am from India I am Msc Nurse I am running old age home at present in Bangalore at present 25 inmates any body is interested to admit inmates in my home please let me know my phone no.9036418955,08028445040 thanking you.
  • 123. Steve A. said on 1/8/2011 2:32:22 PM
    In search of a business partner in the state of Wisconsin who has an interest in starting a nursing home. The partner I am in search of would handle the healthcare side of the business and clientele. If you live in Wisconsin and have the healthcare background please feel free to contact to toss ideas. I've thought up many possible ways on how to operate it, business plans have been created and approved. If you're interested in talking please feel free to contact me. Thanks
  • 124. shalonda Y said on 1/8/2011 11:01:38 PM
    I am looking for a business partner in Sylmar, California to open a nursing home for both the young and elderly. I am a Registered nurse with a BSN and plan to continue on towards my Master. I want to start with maybe a home facility 6 bed or a 100 bed facility here in California. If anyone is interested please contact me. I require investors and someone very business Savvy who can write grants and assist with getting the start up money. My dream has always been to focus on geriatric care and I would like the opportunity this year. Thank you. Please email me if interested shalondable.rn@gmail.com.
  • 125. Colin Bullen said on 1/18/2011 8:59:03 AM
    looking at opening a respite rehabilitation care home for post hospitalised patients south East Kent, England
  • 126. mrs.ChandraTerway said on 1/22/2011 11:06:06 AM
    Well,I am a Us citizen retiring in Bali Indonesia.I am an inactive RN.I would like to have retirement home for elderly in Bali which is a beautiful Island and booming paradise.I need a woman partner with funds to open a retired people's home or free clinic for poor folks.I am an experienced inactive RN and worked in USa for 11 years and now I have done a lot of research on herbal medicinal oil,which I am giving to my friends and poor Balinese free and it worked for myriad ailments miraculously.It works for headaches,hair fall,dandruff,restless leg syndrome,arthritis,muscular pain,sinusitis,neck pain,stomach aches,skin problems and for women's problems and all.I have got testimonials too.Thanks Mrs.Chandra
  • 127. Lee said on 1/25/2011 11:00:52 AM
    Hello, I am a RN managing a long term care unit in a 3 year old facility in Canada. I also have a great deal of experience in the construction industry having designed & built half a dozen homes. I have a passion & knowledge for design and architecture as well as caring for the less fortunate and vulnerable. Now with the baby boomers coming into retirement, the Canadian government is saying that we are not prepared to care for the large number of seniors who will require long term placement in the very near future. It has always been a dream of mine to build and operate a "smaller scale" nursing home...approximately 16 - 25 beds. I have a perfect site in mind but have no idea where to begin. I feel that there is a great demand for this now with nursing home bed shortages already. Even though this has been a long time dream for me...Is there any profit to be made? Any info which you may be able to provide to me as far as start up in Canada, licensing, cost start up etc...would be greatly appreciated....thank you.
  • 128. Naresh said on 1/28/2011 7:03:43 AM
    we have existing chain of opd clinics which we want to graduate to nursing home/ipd facility. Are there any separate permissions required or rules to be followed. Naresh, COO, Swas Healthcare, Ahmedabad 9712023377
  • 129. Edwin said on 1/30/2011 11:18:30 PM
    Hello, Mr. Lee, visitor number 134 I am also from Canada here in Langley b.c.. I am a visitor number 117. Can you please, if you have a time , call me in my cel. 604-312-0200 my name is Edwin and my email address is ecu1957@hotmail.com maybe we can work together.I am counting for your response. ASAP
  • 130. Sandra said on 1/31/2011 7:09:45 PM
    I plan on opening my own nursing care facility in the state of Texas. My priority is to give quality care to the elderly. I would like specifics on how to start this process (specially required licensing). Are there start-up grants available? Please contact me with any information at sydavis358@gmail.com Thanks
  • 131. B Leela said on 2/2/2011 1:43:05 AM
    Hi, I have just setted up an old age home in the heart of Thrissur, Kerala, India. Anyone looking to set up an old age home and need advise for setting up or anyone who would like to join as an inmate or anyone who would like to contribute money / materials to this charity may please contact me at profbleela@gmail.com or call me at 0091 9400326341
  • 132. OLA said on 2/3/2011 8:17:57 AM
    I am currently WORKING in a hospital setting. i need advice on how to set up a nursing home. WHAT TYPE OF LICENSE IS REQUIRED TO START?
  • 133. Jenny said on 2/15/2011 5:47:43 AM
    I am looking to build a nursing home from scratch and set up a business with around 6 rooms in Australia. What are the requirements for such a process, how would I find out all the information I need eg licenses etc and regulations, how do I get started ??
  • 134. jackie buchanan said on 2/16/2011 2:00:01 PM
    I am interested in starting a nursing home in vero beach florida. where or how do i get information on what is required : licenses, permits, building code restrictions and start up capital. pleases advise
  • 135. Meccus said on 2/19/2011 3:11:08 PM
    Hi, I am thinking of setting up a group home or Nursing home for adult here in Los Angeles CA but i am not quite sure on how to go about it. like the licencsure, and other requirements involve. Although I am not in health care business . Any useful help, with how and the cost of setting up will be highly appreciated.
  • 136. raj said on 2/20/2011 7:05:17 AM
    hi,i am looking for setting nursing home.i want detail information regarding this business.please contact me at iaraj67@rediffmail.com. Thanks
  • 137. Dr said on 2/25/2011 4:08:44 AM
    want to setup a 15 bed nursing home in mumbai. feel free to contact ankit.physio@yahoo.com
  • 138. lorraine gorham said on 3/2/2011 12:20:53 PM
    Hello i am keen to set up a very small residential care home consisting of 3 clients. I have worked as a health care worker for the NHS for 23 years my partner has also worked for the NHS for 20 years as a trained RMN (staff nurse)We live in England Kent. Please would you give me some information on rules and regulations on opening a 3 bed house. Many thanks.
  • 139. Oppah svova said on 3/4/2011 8:52:14 AM
    I am a professional nurse and psychologist would like to start a stress management clinic in South Africa and Zimbabwe looking for donors/investors. if you have any clue of how I should go about please assist my number +27766220814
  • 140. Lance said on 3/9/2011 12:54:39 AM
    Bellevue, WA USA. I wish to startup an assisted living (non-medical) business. I heard this is possible to do at home if its correctly setup such as separate rooms. Please guide me where I can find more detailed information. Thank you in advance.
  • 141. jacky said on 3/10/2011 5:49:52 AM
    I am an RN in California and US citizen. I like start up a health care center business for elderly in china. China is the biggest population in the world and there are more than two billion elderly people now and plus one child policy. There are big opportunity to invest this kind of business. If any investor or the people who are operate the elderly health care. please feel free to contact me at yitqqq@gmail.com.
  • 142. THABANI DUBE beginner adviser said on 3/20/2011 9:39:29 AM
    Hie there Good people, i'm planning to set up a nursing care agency that will enroll qualified nursing personnel working in conjunction with nursing/retirement homes. I'm based in Johannesburg RSA if anyone has a broad idea to what are the requirements thereof.

PH: 839933677
    Johannesburg

• 143. harriet Ekperigin said on 3/21/2011 5:19:39 PM
    Oakville, Ontario Canada. To Lee, 134 would be interested in speaking more about your ideas, as I too have had a long passion for starting an elder care home. I am a RN and hold an MBA, perhaps we can put our heads together. email me h_ekperigin@hotmail.com
  • 144. Myrie Deyn said on 3/27/2011 4:21:58 PM
    Hi I am looking for somebody who has their Registered Managers Award, who would like to help me get my 'live in', domiciliary business off the ground. I have done all of the work to get it off the ground, but need to be registered with CQC, and I can't do this without somebody with RMA qualification. I have been in the care industry for 15yrs, and am currently completing my NVQ3. If anybody is interested please e mail me at: wannabefewins@gmail.com
  • 145. Naz said on 3/30/2011 5:29:37 AM
    Hi, I am looking for advice on obtaining a license and setup of a nursing step down facility in Durban south africa. If anyone can help please email me at zimodoc@gmail.com. many thanks, naz
  • 146. Bernarde Mirville said on 3/31/2011 6:48:57 PM
    i would like to start a personal care home, but i would need a place to do that. maybe started with couple people and see how that's going. please give me some advice.
  • 147. carol said on 4/4/2011 3:39:02 AM
    Hi there, I currently have a guesthouse and am considering converting it into a retirement home. I would need to make a couple of changes i.e. ramps, twin beds etc. What do I need to get started in terms of registering etc. thank you SA
  • 148. ALBERT RYAN JR said on 4/8/2011 5:22:06 AM
    SAG HARBOR NY USA .I WOULD LIKE TO START A 4 BED NURSING HOME .WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE MEDICAID FUNDS ?
  • 149. winfred Mirego said on 4/10/2011 11:20:46 AM
    Winnie 10/4/2011. Hello There, I have been interested in opening a nursing home in Mbarara Uganda I have a ten bedroom house sitting on a big acre of land that I intended to use,looking for a partner,and chances of getting grants? Anyone with useful info, please do get in touch. or call at 256-772-435-028 or my email above, Thanks, Winnie
  • 150. Trisha Kellogg beginner adviser said on 4/19/2011 11:13:06 PM
    I work for a start-up company called QALHA (Quality Assisted Living Homes and Additions). Our expertise is working with modular homes to create beautiful assisted and skilled nursing homes. These homes are constructed quickly and are far less expensive than traditional homes. We workout the hardships associated with state requirements and we can help custom design small or large facilities/homes. E-mail me for more information.

kelloggt@durango.net
    Nursing Home Business Consultant

• 151. MIR said on 5/4/2011 5:30:48 AM
    I am working as Finance Director in Gulf. Whenever we go back to native place Muzaffarpur/Sitamarhi, we face problem in hospital facilities, like we need now proper maternity hospital, did not find a single one, whatever is there does not meet standard in hygiene, infrastructure, equipments, min service level etc. There is no proper/quality delivery rooms, equipped with modern beds, operation equipments, emergency support, afterbirth ICU, A/c rooms etc. I want to open a hospital covering maternity service, GP, internal Med, Pediatric, Ortho, cardio, dental, Unani/Aurvedic, Homeopath, 20 beds, 5 single room beds, OT, nursing, Trauma a can build up 6000 to 10000 sqft on plot size of 2640 sqft in Muz or looking for 4200 sqft area plot. Help/support is desired on building/interior design, machinery selection, hospital system, doctors, nurses & staff structure and strength, command and control, commercial terms for doctors, nurses and staffs, command and control, services and pricing, marketing commission / legal status (pvt Ltd / trust pvt or public / NGO / charity) Capital, source and cost of financing, govt taxes, benefits, insurance and BPL affiliations, profitability. What is chance and obstacle in success? I want to leave my job in gulf and settle full-time with this hospital, to serve the people with quality service at affordable price and earn my income in native place.
  • 152. maggie said on 5/10/2011 9:56:10 AM
    I am looking for investor to build a nursing school in Africa. I have a big piece of land and will like to build a nursing school or health center. If this is something you will like to get involve contact me using this e-mail---- maggietn08@yahoo.com
  • 153. Stephen said on 5/12/2011 7:13:05 PM
    I have an idea for a unique Nursing/Retirement Home in Sydney, Australia, but do not know where to begin and have no capital. If anyone can help please e-mail me.
  • 154. ruby said on 5/13/2011 10:54:25 AM
    hi I am RPN IN CANADA.I AM looking for open small nursing home.(small house)for 10-20 peoples. Can any body help me how can i start how much money i need and where i should get fund.please give me a ideas and suggestions.So i can full-fill my dream.thanks.
  • 155. jacobphilip said on 5/15/2011 7:39:56 AM
    I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN SOCIAL AND EDUCATIONAL FIELD FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS. NOW LOOKING TO START OLD AGE HOME WITH NURSING CARE OF INTERNATIONAL STANDARD IN KERALA, INDIA. I AM LOOKING FOR SOME GUIDANCE, ASSISTANCE AND PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP FOR THIS VENTURE. ALL IDEAS AND ASSISTANCE IN THIS REGARD IS WELCOME.
  • 156. Ncumisa Daweti said on 5/27/2011 4:16:40 AM
    my name is Ncumisa Daweti @ the moment i am in united kingdom working as health care assistant .. i've been doing care work for 9 yrs in uk , i would like to come back home and open a nursing home for elderly and young people with different learning disabilities. i know i can do this job well with my experience and hard work .. i m reliable person, trustworthy like to work with everyone as team work and people that are involved. i m a straight forward person like people to work together . if i can get a chance to open this nursing home it will be my dream come true
  • 157. Gigi said on 5/29/2011 2:26:06 AM
    Toronto ontario canada. I am the owner/operator of a 20 bed retirement home. i will be moving in 3yrs and will be selling my business. anyone interested in getting into this biz can contact me via email. i will provide training. ty
  • 158. rick said on 5/29/2011 9:31:04 PM
    Hi Gigi, I am actively looking for a 20-40 bed retirement home. I am a nurse myself. Gigi or anyone that has a retirement home for sale please contact me at: rickradu@rogers.com
  • 159. Bill Lam said on 5/30/2011 4:44:47 PM
    Hi, I am planning to setup a nursing home in Houston TX, for about 8 to 10 room to start with and if anyone can give some advice how to setup and what sort of requirement do need to be able to start up. particularly in TX.
  • 160. Teresa said on 5/30/2011 9:17:35 PM
    Will care for elderly in my home in citrus county Florida.
  • 161. Adam Crowther said on 6/8/2011 8:01:37 AM
    Lincoln Lincolnshire UK. I want to start a unique care home for young people giving them experiences that they wouldn't usually have in sport and the arts included in their care. Any information that you could give me regarding funding, cost, regulations etc I would be most grateful. Many thanks Adam
  • 162. milly beginner adviser said on 6/12/2011 6:27:19 PM
    I have read most of your notes, i am happy to inform you that i can help set up a care home in ghana as well as prepare the policies and procedure to meet quality standard, i also deliver training in health and socail care, you can contact me on 07932750123. i am presently in UK. i am prepared to travel to any part of the world to discuss the business plan/proposal. thanks

PH: 07932750123
    UK

• 163. enosa comfort said on 6/13/2011 7:16:30 AM
    i really have the dream of opening a nursing home but i want it to be for the poor, the homeless aged that are left alone to be roaming the street without any care. here in my country you see you see aged women hawking so that they could feed themselves. ITS AN EYE SORE. My no is 08034593030
  • 164. prumpreet brar said on 6/14/2011 7:38:26 AM
    hi i have experience and qualifications of working with people with learning disabilities.I want to open a supported living for people with learning disabilities(adults).have bought the property in north Lincolnshire, Scunthorpe.its a six bedroom bung law with disabled access from each and every side.want some advice how to get started.would be much appreciated.thanks
  • 165. Enter your Name janny said on 6/20/2011 9:56:48 PM
    Anyone who want to be in partnership in opening nursing home in Hawaii Maui,please email me jnogutu@gmail.com
  • 166. Kerwin said on 6/26/2011 2:14:55 AM
    Hi, I am a nurse in the philippines and planning to put up a nursing home facility here in the Philippines. I have all the plans for all the activities of the elderly but unfortunately, I need someone to assist me with all the financial matters that I may encounter for the first quarter because as we all know that this time is the very crucial in putting up a business.
  • 167. Sandeep Chahal said on 6/26/2011 11:34:39 AM
    I live in Mississauga, Ontario. I definitely want to run the best nursing home possible.
  • 168. GREEN said on 6/29/2011 12:13:31 PM
    I WANNA START NURSING BUSINESS IN RICHMOND RICXHMOND VA ANY HELPER PLEASE EMAIL
  • 169. mario said on 7/1/2011 6:59:41 AM
    how much the funds to open up a nursing home? i am planning to open up a nursing home in louisiana. what requirements do i need to apply? please help someone. thanks
  • 170. Ms scott said on 7/1/2011 2:52:55 PM
    Hi, I want to start a nursing home business. I dont know how to start it. I have land and a old home I can renovate in sc. I want a eight to ten bed room nursing home . How big should the room be and how much will the funding be?
  • 171. glory M said on 7/5/2011 6:23:20 AM
    Hi, I've worked in an old age for the past 15yrs in Sweden, I love the system and would like to start a nursing home in South africa but I have no idea how to go about it all. Could anyone with information give me some advice and tips how to go about it.
  • 172. elaine said on 7/7/2011 10:49:03 AM
    i am looking to open a nursing home,hospice care home,or longterm care facility. i am an rn with 15yrs of hospital/longterm care facility experience.iam located in columbia, sc please send info on how to get started and application/funding process.thx
  • 173. Brotherhim said on 7/10/2011 2:57:33 PM
    I am living in midland, I want to start two things retirement home and nursing Home. I need a home to put these people. Anyone who have an idea of getting house can tell me. My email is kabwanga@yahoo.com
  • 174. JEROME CABALLERO said on 7/11/2011 1:45:27 PM
    Hi, I have a 7 Bedroom House, that I want to convert into a nursing home. I am a Housing Accountant for nearly 10 years and I have my a Cafe and 12 BTL properties, which I run and manage my self. My wife is a nurse and the head of the Dementia Unit of one of the Best Nursing Home in Bristol. I can run the Admin side and the accounting side of the Business and my wife can manage the nursing side. We have the property which we can convert into nursing home, but we just don't know how to start the business... Is there anyone who can guide us step by step, please? Regards, Jerome
  • 175. Connor O'Dwyer said on 7/11/2011 2:36:41 PM
    Hi Jerome (Caballero) regards how to start the business, please email me in order to arrange a meeting should you still require such services Regards Connor = conn@live.co.uk
  • 176. Wabuya Bulayani said on 7/13/2011 5:17:38 AM
    Hi there good people, am in Gaborone Botswana, i am very much interested in starting my own nursing home, please if there is anyone who is willing to help me, please email me at bulayaniwabuya@yahoo.com
  • 177. Iza De Leon said on 7/17/2011 9:06:51 AM
    Hello there I am also thinking of converting our house here in the Philippines into a home care. I am an orphan and would like to spend my time taking care of other people especially the elderly. Can anybody give an advise on how to get patients? My email is izaiza15@yahoo.com
  • 178. lucy awobajo said on 7/17/2011 9:09:48 AM
    i have working in health care field for over 16years,and having degree in learning disabilities and working with people from differences background . i want to open a home in nigeria, for people with learning disabilities i have problem when to to start. people need awareness about it. i have land in my home town to use for this project pls i need idea and assistant . princessawobajo@gmail.com
  • 179. Lee-Anne said on 7/19/2011 2:19:22 PM
    Hi I am looking at opening a caring home in Port Elizabeth South Africa. I would like some step by step advice please on how to go about it. I don't have any funds to start this business so would need advice on how to get funding. I would really appreciate help please.
  • 180. olga abreu said on 7/23/2011 5:28:38 PM
    Hi I have a seven bedroom house in west sussex england I would like to start a nursing home. I would love someone to guide me. Please
  • 181. dee said on 7/28/2011 3:34:05 PM
    I am interested in getting in the nursing home business or Looking for someone who is selling or even someone in the business who can mentor me. Please contact me on dee@sub10.co.uk looking to open any wear in the UK
  • 182. denise daniel said on 7/31/2011 7:35:54 PM
    I'm interested in opening my own 6 bedroom group home for senior citizen in Illinois. I've worked with tiny tots to senior citizen as a cna for 15 years with patience, compassion and integrity. I'm very good at what i do looking for advice on how to get started. I would love for some assist me. Please, Thank you
  • 183. Sue hodge said on 8/7/2011 7:30:11 AM
    Hi i live in Ayrshire & would Like to open up a nursing home but like everyone else I don't know where to start, also what qualification do I need to be a manager if one.. Thanks sue
  • 184. rıfat ozgur said on 8/7/2011 9:15:06 AM
    I am from turkey and I plan to operate elderly care home in turkey for the european people especially for uk, norway, germany and nederlands. so many advantages in turkey like cost, climate and etc. I am looking for a partner in these countries who can operate legal issues in his/her country and send turkey elderly people. I can construct or long term lease quality buildings in different regions of turkey. I think this will be a great opportunity. my e.mail royucel@hotmail.com
  • 185. Dorothy Boatemah said on 8/7/2011 4:15:49 PM
    I am originally from Ghana, living in the Netherlands. I'm looking for partners to start up Elderly health care business in Ghana. I've done a research into the need for the business and it is very demanding due to various types of development in the region. This is very untouched venture. check; vosaw video at you Tube contact me at p.vosaw@yahoo.com
  • 186. Tan MD said on 8/10/2011 11:35:25 AM
    I am a family medicine resident and would like to start a nursing home after training next year. I am looking for someone, who has the same passion and have the experience, to possibly partner with and start a nursing home. I am from Mississauga, ON. Thanks! email add: applicant911@yahoo.com
  • 187. Audy said on 8/13/2011 3:27:19 PM
    Hi there, I can start up the home care business since I have a masters degree in PM, but I need a partner for funding, I have ways to get funded by the government but at least a start up amount... anybody interested , I am in Canada QC, and willing to relocate. whiteros@live.ca
  • 188. S boyle said on 8/18/2011 11:51:47 AM
    I have worked as a residential care officer for 9 years for adults with learning disabilities and would like to start my own business as I have a large 3 bedroom house.where I would like to open as a care home.where do I start
  • 189. Audy said on 8/18/2011 2:50:29 PM
    Boyle, where do u live ? I know the procedure in Canada, if yes I will send u information.
  • 190. maria rosario garcia said on 8/19/2011 3:56:04 AM
    prospect area: Vancouver, bc. I am a registered nurse and nearly retiring.
  • 191. hamd said on 8/20/2011 2:59:52 AM
    Hi I am a fresh grad and want to open/purchase up a skilled nursing facility, in USA. Pl guide me how could i start, how to get financing etc.
  • 192. GENIVEVE said on 8/20/2011 8:11:09 AM
    I want to start a retirement home in Cochin Kerala,India for 75 inmates for middle class income residents.what will be ruff estimation cost for,land,construction and other charges
  • 193. Bhula said on 8/22/2011 12:09:37 PM
    I know of 100 unit property that is retirement center.Owners would be interested in experienced RN to bring in more business and maybe take it another level "assisted living" If Interested please email me at beeza@aol.com
  • 194. Malou said on 8/23/2011 2:55:23 AM
    i want to open a nursing home.i am graduated Bachelor of Science in Nursing og working before at saudi arabia but my husband want me to stop working in saudi.he want me to build my own business here in philippines like a nursing home because he knows that i love taking care people.please guide me how could i start this kind of business.
  • 195. THANDIE MOREMI-PEKOSELA said on 8/23/2011 4:21:44 AM
    I AM BASED IN GABORONE, BOTSWANA AND WOULD LIKE ADVISE ON STARTING AN OLD AGE HOME BASED CARE HOME AND PROGRAMME. AM ALSO INTERESTED IN SHARING IDEAS WITH THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY ESTABLISHED IN SIMILAR PROJECT.
  • 196. Komakech Denis said on 8/25/2011 3:48:37 AM
    I am a Senior Clinical Officer and would like to open up a mobile home based nursing practice unit in Gulu Northern Uganda, i would like financial support and advice on how to do that. Our region has suffered a 22yrs war since 1986 and people are in dire need for these services. Please help. Denis
  • 197. Chelsey said on 8/27/2011 4:12:33 PM
    I'm 21 years old & I'm a cop in the Air Force. I would like to start building my way up to owning my own nursing home. My goal is to start saving the money now and by the time I get out of the military in 4 1/2 years to own start my nursing home. I am planning on cross-training to be a Physician's Assistant while I have the tuition assistance from the military. Before coming in I worked at a nursing home in Barling, AR. I loved it so much and miss my residents. I would love to be able to take care of people again. Any advice?!
  • 198. dipak khowala said on 8/29/2011 4:08:06 AM
    i want to open an eye hospital (at present 50 beded,may be extended afterwards) land is sufficient at kolkata.please let me know ,if possible the project report(free of cost, including the staffs nos, running cost etc, feasibility of the hospital
  • 199. Armen Markosian said on 9/1/2011 5:13:37 PM
    Hi , i want to start a nursing home business , please - advise how to started . Thank you .
  • 200. mia said on 9/1/2011 5:43:11 PM
    private nursing home in tagaytay, city.. hi there.. me and my grandfather wants to put a private nursing home here in tagaytay.. can you give me some details where can i get a possible clients? and can you give me also a home for the aged that is for sale.. thanks