How to Start a Nursing Agency

Do you have the intention of starting a nursing agency of your own? Due to a big shortage in nurse nowadays the demand becomes higher and the industry needs the help of nursing agencies, so this is a big opportunity for you to start a nursing agency of your own, here are some steps for you to follow.

The nursing industry nowadays is now facing a very big challenge on how to cope up on the current shortage for nurses, particularly in the United States.

It is estimated that about millions of new nurses are needed to replace the shortage since most of the regular nurses today are about to retire in the service. With this scenario, the demand for nursing agencies increases so that the industry can fill-up the deficiency. If you plan to start your own nursing agency then you’re in the right timing, the industry seriously need your help.

What is good about starting a nursing agency is that you don’t need to be a nurse to run the business. Aside from being the boss, managing a nursing agency is a good choice for a career freedom and a very flexible business to handle. You can also run the business even at your home requiring you a least capital for the start-up cost. This also means that if you’re a dedicated housewife you can still manage to work on some household chores while running the business.

In terms of financial aid, the government also offers grant for those qualified applicants that wants to start a small business like a nursing agency. And the most important benefit that you can get in starting a nursing agency is the great opportunity to earn a huge income. For example, if a single nurse is paid $30 per hour and the $10 is yours, imagine if she works for 8 hours a day then you earn $80 with just one nurse. Not to mention here the recognition you might get if your nurses are highly appreciated by your clients. If you think that these reasons are enough for you to deal with the business then we will share to you on how you can start your own nursing agency.

How to Start a Nursing Agency Legally?

The first thing you need to learn is to check with your local state authorities for the rules and regulations in handling a nursing agency plus the permits and licenses you need to acquire so you can legally run the business. Decide also of which type of business entity you want to apply for your business for the purpose of tax liabilities. Once you learned it then look for a space to set up your office, if you don’t have enough capital to lease then use a convenient room in your house as temporary for the mean time. Furnish your office with furniture, a desk top computer, and get a line for telephone service and internet connection as well as office supplies. In hiring your nurses, contact any local union for nurses on how you can get nurses to staff your agency. Advertise your business and establish a good network so can obtain a lot of clients.

• 1. Sandie Nleya said on 3/22/2011 5:25:47 AM
    I am a 28 year old lady who is currently studying nursing, it has always been my dream to start a nursing agency but i am not sure were to start, i live in Melbourne, Victoria. i would be happy if you could help me on how to start, were to apply for permit etc...I look forward to hearing from you! Yours Sincerely, Sandie
  • 2. zanele rataza said on 5/15/2012 10:10:38 AM
    i am a 32 year old lady currently a professional nurse i am interested to start a nursing agency i live in kempton park Gauteng i would be very happy if you can help me. yours zanele
  • 3. Sherper said on 6/26/2012 12:08:28 AM
    I would love to talk to some nurses who wants to start this venture.
  • 4. Lorna Nguyen said on 2/22/2013 11:35:58 PM
    i am a 45 year old lady currently a professional nurse i am interested to start a nursing agency. I live in lIVERPOOL NSW, i would be very happy if you can help me. Thanks a lot.
  • 5. Vinodsingh said on 3/3/2013 12:28:28 AM
    Hi, I have started online medical recruitment website in melbourne, Australia but how can get hospitals and gp's to post their job ads and post their resumes to my website. how to develop the business. do I need to register with membership of rosa and medical association. please send me detailed info. if you got any source who can help me in developing business please send their contact details. Thanking you Yours, Vinod
  • 6. Yemurai said on 7/9/2013 10:42:42 AM
    I'm in Victoria & would like to start a nursing agency at home. I'm registered nurse how can I go about registering & start @ home
  • 7. Peilan said on 3/19/2014 2:36:10 PM
    Hi, I would like to start my own nurse agency at home instead of working for them as agency nurse. Please advise me how to register and what is the requirement for a nurse agency in Sydney as I live in Northern Beach. Thanks! Yours sincerely Peilan
  • 8. Diwani Domes said on 4/5/2015 7:18:09 AM
    I'm in Victoria & would like to start a nursing agency at home. I'm a registered nurse and I am really interested in starting up my own nursing agency. How do I go about doing it? I am very keen to know what the steps will be
  • 9. Vidal lalsa said on 5/8/2015 2:01:24 PM
    HI, My name is Vidal and I always wanted to start up an nursing agency. I live in Los Angeles, CA and would like how do I get info on starting up my own nursing agency.
  • 10. Louise Dyson said on 6/23/2015 9:36:43 AM
    Hi just wanting some more info regards to who I should contact about permits and licensing thanks I live in NSW Australia illawarra :)
  • 11. shem said on 8/16/2015 5:31:27 AM
    i am a nurse, now i want to open my own nursing agency business. i need ur professional advice and support. thank you very much
  • 12. Alga said on 8/20/2015 10:26:01 PM
    Hi my name is Alga I live in Melbourne I am registered nurse and doing my master of health science. I am very interested to start up my own nursing agency business please can you send me your advice. Thank-you
  • 13. claire said on 10/30/2015 10:53:30 PM
    Hi.I am wanting to start my own nurse agency, to hire registered nurses and care staff. I am in nsw.How do i start? Where do i start, can i do this from home? Aagh!
  • 14. Rose-Cath said on 2/3/2016 6:22:30 AM
    Hi. I am an RN and my friend and I would like some information on how we can start an agency of our own. We are located in Perth, WA. I have read everyones comments above and wondering If you have received any answers. There has been no helpful site containing any info for "how to start a nursing agency" hopefully you will provide some relevant and helpful links so I can get started. Thank you kindly.
  • 15. Jas said on 5/16/2016 5:30:16 AM
    Hi I am an RN and live in Sydney NSW. I would love to start a nursing agency in NSW or QLD. I would prefer to start with home based. Can u please provide me the whole information to start up this business... Thanku