How to Start a Courier Business

The courier service business has more than enough room for new players. Are you dreaming of starting your own courier service business? This article offers tips on starting and running a courier service business.

The best way to go about starting a courier service business is by exploring your available options.

courier business

You can operate a courier service in several ways. You can team up with an established courier company and have them subcontract your business. When you subcontract, you do the legwork for your client company. That is the essence of your role. You provide the transportation and manpower necessary to deliver and pickup parcels.

Subcontracting is an ideal option for people with limited know-how of the industry and is the perfect way to ease your way in the courier service world, so to speak. It is also the least expensive option but it comes with a catch. True, you don’t get to spend much but you don’t get to earn much either. This option leaves you with the lowest profit and growth potential. Starting your own courier service from scratch on the other gives you the highest profit potential. It also provides you the chance to expand your business much faster compared to subcontracting. However, be prepared to shell out more capital initially.

In starting a courier service, expect to be swamped with decisions to make.
  • Decide on what type of parcels you want to deliver. Will your service be limited to envelopes and small packages? Will you include large cargoes? Naturally, your decision will depend on the capacity of your storage and transport vehicles. Do you want to deliver sensitive cargoes such as medical and industrial chemicals? If so, you and your crew must be knowledgeable in handling these substances. Do you want to deliver perishable goods? Considering that this type of cargo is time sensitive, your transportation and manpower resources must be adequate. You must have manned units readily available at a moments notice. The ability to deliver a wide variety of cargo will augment your potential to earn. However, expect to spend more initially. Take delivering perishable goods for example. You may need to invest on refrigerated trucks for this.
  • Decide on the scope for your service area. In other words, define the limit of your parcel destination. Up to what part of the globe do you intend to deliver? Will your service be limited to a single state? Can you handle deliveries from coast to coast? Do you have the resources and network to deliver internationally? Keep in mind that the same rule follows, the wider your geographic scope, the bigger the amount you need to invest at start-up.
  • Decide on how much to charge your customers. There are several factors to consider in setting up a price list. First thing to consider is the mileage and the amount of gasoline that will be consumed from point A to point B. Two, the number of parcel deliveries to be made at a particular area. Three, will the delivery be a point A to point B scenario or will you be able to accept deliveries from point B to back take to point A? Four, the rate your competition charges their customers.

On a final note, factors itemized above are only a small fraction of the big picture. If you are really serious in starting your own courier service, be advised that you must gain hands-on experience in the industry. The only way to accomplish this is to experience working for a courier service company. This way you get to have a “feel” for how the system works.

• How to Start a Motorcycle Courier Business
    Starting a motorcycle courier business can be a great way to earn money. With this, you should know how to ride the motorcycle.
  • How to Open a DHL Franchise
    To open a DHL franchise is good especially if you have the right staff that can be trained to provide the service that the company develops. Perhaps, it is not an easy task during the early phase of business but as long as you have the drive and determination you can surely be successful.

• 1. Bizcom Express said on 7/11/2008
    I am trying to start a Same Day Courier & Delivery Service in my region any tips on where I should prospect to get the business? bizcomexpress@hotmail.com
  • 2. totcourierservices said on 7/16/2008
    I intend to start as a partner in my country to any courier service companies overseas. How do i go about it pleas? totcourierservicesnig@yahoo.com
  • 3. gary grewal said on 12/14/2008
    how to find potential clients in the beginning if i want to start one man courier business? bestrates2003@hotmail.com
  • 4. Ayana Mire said on 1/2/2009
    I am trying to start same day courier and delivery. I am not sure where to start, what to charge, and also marketing. guled_85@hotmail.com
  • 5. Mr C September said on 1/9/2009 8:42:59 AM
    Good day, My inexperience in the field leaves me asking questions around rates and proposal of quotes. Your assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated in getting my dream up and running. Carl
  • 6. Lawrence said on 1/27/2009 6:11:26 AM
    Please tell me what i need to start my courier business from scratch and do i need to compile a business plan to apply for funding and where do i apply for funding such a business.
  • 7. vipin said on 2/2/2009 5:21:53 AM
    Hi, I want to start a courier business as a partner with the other courier agency like professional, Airmail, etc.. please advice me how to do it
  • 8. Rodney Castillejos said on 2/2/2009 5:12:58 PM
    Hi! Can you please give me an advice how to find potential clients. We are located in San Diego, ca
  • 9. RICHARD THOMAS said on 2/12/2009 3:53:09 PM
    HI MY NAME IS RICHARD THOMAS AND I OWN A SMALL COURIER SERVICE IN MIAMI FLORIDA, AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT GETING CLIENTELL. I CAN DO SMALL AND LARGE PACKAGES.
  • 10. Peter said on 2/19/2009 12:14:56 PM
    hi my name is peter please let me know the procedure for stating an courier company /and what are documents needed to registered with Indian government.
  • 11. FRANCOIS said on 2/26/2009 4:24:37 AM
    AS ALL THE ABOVE!! I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO START UP SMALL COURRIER BUSINESS....1.3 TON AND HOW TO APPROACH PROSPECTS AND TO GET CONTRACTS?? THANX GUYS!!
  • 12. Samuel said on 3/2/2009 6:28:34 PM
    I want to quit my job and start my own small business courier but the thing is I don't know how to get a customer and I don't know how to quote them a good rate. Can I use my old SUV as a start? it is a good condition car. Thanks, Sam.
  • 13. mr. and mrs. wells said on 3/5/2009 10:01:20 PM
    Hi this is jason and ashley and we would like to start up our own courier service... we already have a name and our own transportation. we are looking to get started really soon... we just need some help getting started... we need to figure out if we should do on call or evenings! if you have any information for us could you please email us at aasurstruly@yahoo.com... thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule to read this... thank you. mr and mrs jason vaughn wells II
  • 14. Michael Kentse said on 3/10/2009 8:10:13 AM
    I want to start courier in my region. how much capital do i require and new strategies to beat competitor.
  • 15. Donna Evans said on 3/12/2009 9:04:11 PM
    Hi, I'd like to start my own courier service. I would like to know what is the going charge for mileage? Do you need contracts if it is same day delivery service?Are the customers billed on monthly basis or the day of delivery?
  • 16. Cordell R. Harris said on 3/14/2009 9:13:59 PM
    Cordell Harris: I'm very interested in starting my own courier service from home. I need help on what's required. (SAME DAY DELIVERY IN ONE COUNTY) How do I charge or establish rates. I'm open for complete guidance.
  • 17. Lewis said on 3/16/2009 10:00:55 AM
    Hi, I'd like to start my own courier service. I would like to know what is the going charge for mileage? Do you need contracts if it is same day delivery service? Are the customers billed on monthly basis or the day of delivery? how much capital do i require and new strategies to beat competitor.
  • 18. james bates said on 3/17/2009 11:36:54 AM
    would like to start my own courier service i would like to know how to charge per mile and per stop and how to bill my client and how much a courier license cost.
  • 19. mark said on 3/18/2009 11:31:39 PM
    hello. i am trying to get my courier service up and running. i really need to know what other things besides transportation i would need. i also need to know how to go about getting contracts and pricing for deliveries, etc... i really need complete guidance.
  • 20. Rochelle said on 4/12/2009 12:22:41 PM
    Hi, My boyfriend is interested in starting a same day courier and delivery service. Please advise on marketing, contracts, rates, and how to work out the rates. Also, any information that would help. Thank-you!
  • 21. Nadar said on 4/12/2009 8:29:49 PM
    Hello, I am seriously considering about starting my own courier service. I have prior experience working as a courier delivering medical specimens, prescriptions, and supplies between hospitals, medical labs, and clinics. I was recently laid off working as an electronic mechanic for L3 communications. I find this as the easiest way to find new work and possibly a new career. I would appreciate any advice on how to start up my business, and arrange contracts and payment negotiations. I have a meeting arranged next week with the manager of a laboratory at a clinic I used to do deliveries for to discuss the possibility of doing business with them. Thanks
  • 22. Hamilton Stanley Jansen said on 4/15/2009 5:39:41 AM
    Please help me to start a security company in my region tell what are the requirements. thanks
  • 23. sasi said on 4/19/2009 2:20:58 AM
    i am interested to start a courier company in my town and state to state in india. Is it profitable, if you have the details kindly tell me. menon
  • 24. James expert adviser said on 4/19/2009 3:17:03 PM
    @Sasi, It is really good to know that you like this business idea and would like to start it. Why not start it from a low scale, you can plan a trip to your neighboring state and do some homework on it get the best deal to people. You can work on various things in advance to make the trip cheapest so that you will get the referrals in future to make your business more profitable. Remember the direct referrals works a lot so put together various things like which age group you wanna target on, what are the places they would like to visit, what kind of food they will prefer, how long they can afford to be on this trip, how many people you can gather for this trip, etc. Make some numbers to figure out more about it. Start it now.

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 25. Bruce said on 4/23/2009 4:15:38 PM
    Hi, I am looking into starting a courier service. I am open to any industry of delivery. I have a 1 tonner bakkie. Fairly new. Would like to keep deliveries within Cape Town to 100 kms out of Town. Any tips on how to get started from scratch? How do I approach clients in offering contract work?
  • 26. Leondres Mackey said on 4/26/2009 10:03:07 AM
    i want to start a medical transportation service for non emergency, medical appointments.
  • 27. Asien Ohis Godfery said on 4/28/2009 9:24:35 AM
    I am interested in starting a courier company in my country. I will like you to forward to me the process of starting one, the operation, and how to cost my parcels, freight etc. I will be looking forward to your reply.
  • 28. Mr Hayes Olasumbo Gabreil said on 4/30/2009 7:44:46 AM
  • 29. princeton Banks said on 4/30/2009 2:12:16 PM
    hi, I'm very interested in starting my own courier service from home. I need help on what's required. (SAME DAY DELIVERY IN ONE COUNTY) How do I charge or establish rates. I'm open for complete guidance. I only have a car, so i know i will be limited to what i can do and not do.
  • 30. JP said on 5/5/2009 2:32:18 AM
    I am interested in starting my own courier service. what is the first thing to do in starting the service. How to get clients, what are the cost of service etc. I have two trucks one is a 4 door yukon an the other is a ford f350. I also have a minivan. Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.
  • 31. prashant said on 5/7/2009 5:30:46 AM
    hi my name is prashant, please let me know the procedure for starting an courier company /and what are the documents needed to register with Indian government, I am interested in starting a same day courier and delivery service. Please advise on marketing, contracts, rates, and how to work out the rates. Also, any information that would help. Thank-you!
  • 32. fred maison said on 5/30/2009 12:36:08 AM
  • 33. briget Davis said on 5/31/2009 8:22:50 AM
    Hello I am interested in starting a courier business. I am hoping you can advise me on this process. What type of licensing (apart from your Incorporation paper. do I need for this type of business, if any. Can you give a rough step by step guide on what I need to do or get. I know i want to open an office what are the approximate start up cost for this type of business that one can start up without a loan from the bank? Finally can you advise on rates and contracts. Thank you
  • 34. Japp said on 6/1/2009 2:28:55 PM
    I would like to start my own courier service starting within my state first. Would like to know what the correct process is with getting license info, rates and clients. Any assistance is appreciated.
  • 35. Leland Collins said on 6/1/2009 10:00:22 PM
    I'm saving money up to start my own airport courier business. I got a website up and blog too 2theted.webs.com check it out, and my Question is.. How much money should I save to start. Enough to cover van, funds for 6 months, and how much marketing money. Alaska a big place a lot of postage to the bush.
  • 36. Humphrey said on 6/5/2009 10:36:27 PM
    I have some experience working as a courier delivering. I would like to start a courier service. How do i charge and what are other things i need to do. ANY Information will help.Thanks.
  • 37. Mike Page beginner adviser said on 6/8/2009 6:15:42 AM
    All, I am a courier consultant as well as being an Operations Manager for a leading parcel distribution company. I can give you advice, contacts and more importantly what the start up costs are, what we as a courier company look for when setting on couriers and tell you how to stand out from the rest. I also have developed a successful training program which is due to be credited by City and Guides. This program contains all the information needed to become a successful courier. If you wish to find out more there is a small charge of 10 pound but I will help you along the way, guide you in the right direction and act as your PA. If you wish to purchase my Information please email at mike.page1980@yahoo.com. I will give you the details within the same day, Kind Regards

mike.page1980@yahoo.com || Courier Consultant

• 38. Matthews said on 6/9/2009 2:39:52 AM
    Hi I am interested in starting a courier services business, Do have 2 bakkies and drivers, Can any one out there please help? Thank you, Matthews
  • 39. Amiee Tudor said on 6/9/2009 5:38:06 AM
    hello. thank you for your article. I am writing to you in hope that you can provide direction for my courier company. I am on the verge of desperation. Due to the economy I have lost some of my biggest clients. Have gone from making six figures a year to $30,000. I was blessed to have inherited the company 3 years ago- but unfortunately never had to obtain clientele on my own. I am hoping that you can point me in the right direction to do so. I have hand delivered company info to many businesses in my area and in surrounding areas. I feel that there is a better and more successful way to grow my business and bring it back to what it once was. Thank you for the time that you took to read my concerns and thank you for the time you will take to respond!! With great respect, Amiee R. Tudor
  • 40. Richard Zavala said on 6/13/2009 5:38:01 AM
    please help me start my courier business. how to find new customers and where do I start?? any information will help THANKYOU!!!!
  • 41. Nabeel said on 7/1/2009 3:35:23 AM
    hey, i am starting my courier service and i can definitely use any advice you may have for a new business owner, and marketing in this industry, thanks.
  • 42. Palesa said on 7/3/2009 8:33:43 AM
    I would like to be assisted on starting a courier service company for small and large parcels. Your assistance will be highly appreciated.
  • 43. patrick said on 7/6/2009 3:29:14 AM
    hi, i like to start my own courier service by contracting for other courier business. i could like to courier small parcel and envelops in cope town. thanks patrick
  • 44. Cassandra Tatum said on 7/13/2009 11:11:14 PM
    I am interested in starting a medical supply courier service in my state. What will I need to do to get started?
  • 45. rick said on 7/14/2009 11:24:00 PM
    I would like to start a courier/messenger service, where do I start? thanks you your help
  • 46. Carl said on 7/16/2009 12:40:22 AM
    Hi, I have a courier service. We've done over 10 years in the home care field through specialty and retail pharmacies in the New York area. I need a couple additional accounts to be stable. Can you help me find prospective clients, medical and otherwise? Thank you.
  • 47. johnny smith said on 7/20/2009 8:17:37 AM
    I want to start my own business as a courier service, but I do not have the transportation. would it be best to rent a truck or van, of to buy one.
  • 48. shiv kumar said on 7/24/2009 2:59:40 PM
    hi, i want to start with courier service but i am completely raw in this field so please help me how should i go ahead with this business and how much capital is needed to be invested please? help me soon, thank you
  • 49. Paulos said on 7/25/2009 4:06:42 AM
    I am interested in the transport business and feel that as a subcontractor. i will be able to learn and develop more skill in the field. How do i approach companies for contracts and which companies. midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
  • 50. Shah said on 7/27/2009 4:27:22 AM
    Hi, I would like to start my own courier company in South Africa, Western Cape to start out with and eventually expand into other regions. I have sufficient start up capital to purchase 2-3 commercial vehicles to deliver envelopes and small packages. How would I get my business off the ground? Are there depo's I could approach to get contracts in place? Do I approach online shopping companies and try and secure contracts that way? Any advise please.
  • 51. Michael Chapuka said on 8/3/2009 2:05:14 PM
    Quite interesting information. I am a subcontracted courier and the profit is minimal. I want to start my own courier co and need the current applicable rates (to and fro)
  • 52. Tumi said on 8/5/2009 4:43:12 AM
    I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO START UP SMALL COURIER BUSINESS OR SUBCONTRACTING WITH A WELL ESTABLISHED COMPANY.... I HAVE 650 KG CORSA BAKKIE. HOW TO APPROACH PROSPECTS AND TO GET CONTRACTS??
  • 53. Tumi said on 8/5/2009 4:44:44 AM
    Please ignore my previous e-mail. I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO START UP SMALL COURIER BUSINESS....I HAVE 650 KG BAKKIE. HOW TO APPROACH PROSPECTS AND TO GET CONTRACTS??
  • 54. phillip said on 8/6/2009 9:16:57 AM
    hi, am interest in courier service, all i need to know is how do i have to approach companies to offer me contract?
  • 55. Moses said on 8/7/2009 11:04:53 AM
    I have a Ford Bantum bakkie and have a lot of interest in the courier world. How do i approach companies for contracts and which companies? How will i calculate the delivery rates to charge my customers, furthermore how am i going to know the competitor's rates?
  • 56. Voneshen said on 8/9/2009 9:39:47 PM
    Hi, I have a 2001 Uno Mia 1100 very economical and is ideal vehicle for deliveries but is it sufficient for subcontracting or is there a vehicle criteria that needs to be met?
  • 57. Mike said on 8/11/2009 11:07:19 PM
    I will like to start my own courier business... I have prior experience as a part time subcontractor when I was in college... I graduated and worked as an accountant for two years and now I am hoping to launch a courier business.. As other people here are inquiring, am wondering if you can help me get clients and charge as in rates..... Please any information will help... FYI --- I live in MA.... I have two different cars....
  • 58. DAVID said on 8/13/2009 2:25:33 AM
    I WILL LIKE TO START MY COURIER COMPANY. I HAVE A KB200 ISUZU WITH A CANOPY. OR PLEASE HELP ME TO GET A TENDER FOR MY BAKKIE TO GENERATE MONEY FOR EQUIPMENT, I'VE DONE CIVIL ENGINEERING AND I'VE REGISTERED A COMPANY ENTERPRISE CLOSE CO-OPERATION WITH TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
  • 59. Sindiswa Sende said on 8/13/2009 10:52:50 AM
    I WOULD LIKE TO START MY OWN COURIER COMPANY. PLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH INFORMATION ON THE RATE TO CHARGE FOR PARCELS PER KILOMETER. I HAVE EXPERIENCE AS A SUBCONTRACTOR AND I HAVE A BANTAM BAKKIE. THANK YOU.
  • 60. george said on 8/18/2009 10:20:37 AM
    hi, thinking of starting a small courier service can you tell me the best place to get insurance for it. ie git and liability insurance and roughly how much to charge per mile is it better to get sub-contract work to start you off and what courier companies should i approach. thanks
  • 61. Broderick Thompson said on 8/19/2009 12:28:42 PM
    I am desperately searching for information on how to start a medical courier service. i also want to know what type of equipment will I need, how does pricing work as far as in the medical courier industry, and would I need a special type of insurance or license.
  • 62. lekanka pheeha said on 8/24/2009 7:06:58 AM
    i have got 2 bakkies(all panel) its difficult to get contracts out here/there please groom me up on where to get started or info. very serious
  • 63. missingtheroad069 said on 8/25/2009 12:01:46 PM
    I'm looking into starting a trucking business, but not sure where to begin can someone give some advice?
  • 64. mario nel said on 8/27/2009 1:14:02 PM
    i would like to do courier work with my bakkie but don't know how to get a contract and would like to do shuttle services with my verso. please help me and i don't know who to speak to for a contract.
  • 65. NHLANHLA MOTHAPO said on 8/27/2009 1:45:29 PM
    I WANT TO START A COURIER BUSINESS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START. MAY YOU PLEASE REFER ME TO WHERE I CAN GET THE INFO.
  • 66. BAW said on 8/28/2009 6:29:48 PM
    I want to start a Medical Courier business in North Carolina. Can you tell me where to begin once I have my business plan completed?
  • 67. Pervez said on 9/2/2009 3:28:26 PM
    I would like to know the detail about starting Courier business from scratch and what kind of licenses or regularity procedure is required.
  • 68. anup said on 9/9/2009 4:20:43 AM
    hi, I am working in Logistics company. if any one sending cargoes free to contact me.
  • 69. Mabyoko Joel Pelego said on 9/12/2009 4:47:53 AM
    Hi there! I would like to be subcontracted in the courier service of any type of goods. Please help me with the relevant steps that i must follow. I reside in Mpumalanga Province in South Africa.
  • 70. MARK BRADLEY said on 9/12/2009 7:37:12 AM
    Hi, I would like to know more about starting a courier company and especially the pricing part of it as there currently two different ways to price ie; by kg and klm.
  • 71. landry said on 9/14/2009 5:29:03 AM
    Hi, i would like to start my own shuttle service in partnership with overseas travel agencies. my question is how do i go about convincing them to be in partnership with me and build the trust and what license is required to start as it will be transportation and carrying people around. in a case whereby i encounter any problem on the road. your help will be much appreciated. thank you.
  • 72. James Ashaolu said on 9/15/2009 5:40:19 AM
    How do I start a vibrant courier company in Nigeria? How can I get to represent a USA based courier company in Nigeria?
  • 73. NS said on 9/18/2009 7:05:10 AM
    @MARK BRADLEY, If you want to build a partnership with a bigger company then you need to already have customers using your service otherwise it'll be hard to convince bigger companies that you have trade at all. First discover your customer base and then partner with large companies to grow your worldwide based client list.
  • 74. NS said on 9/18/2009 7:06:48 AM
    I think the best answer to everyone is to search GOOGLE. I have found the best answers on there, just search for your specific question and there's always some good helping answers to get you started.
  • 75. Thabo Taukobong said on 9/26/2009 5:17:06 AM
    hi there, i just started a courier company and i am looking for a big courier company to do subcontracting for the pretoria or jhb area.
  • 76. Christopher Jordaan said on 9/28/2009 3:03:19 PM
    I have just started a transport and delivery business. I will be delivering with a 1.3 ton bakkie to all areas within RSA. I have full comprehensive insurance for the bakkie, and in addition to that I have GIT insurance for R100,000.00. My fees are extremely reasonable. I would like to know if someone could please help me with some work or a contract. I am a owner driver, so I am very reliable. please contact me on 072 492 4222. Regards, Chris, 072 492 4222, mrbakkie@vodamail.co.za
  • 77. joe said on 10/5/2009 12:09:31 PM
    hi, i'm interested with this courier business, but i don't have idea where to start, what kind of insurance i need and what kind of license i need, my aim is just in state rush small pack deliveries, like small envelop up to two skids.
  • 78. simbarahe chirume said on 10/14/2009 1:13:33 PM
    I WOULD LIKE TO START A SMALL COURIER COMPANY DELIVERING SMALL ITEMS WITH MOTOR BIKES I WOULD LIKE TO BUY 2 SCOOTER FOR A START PLEASE DO ADVISE ME ON WHAT I MUST DO IN ORDER TO GET THIS THING RUNNING. I DONT HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE IN COURIER INDUSTRY
  • 79. ashraff said on 10/17/2009 5:38:59 PM
    i am wanting to start a small parcel delivery service or medical supply deliveries. Any ideas on how to get customers. Reply per return email
  • 80. Nathan said on 10/20/2009 7:01:41 AM
    I want to start a courier business in Cape Town. what and how do I go about it please.
  • 81. Patty said on 10/23/2009 5:52:54 PM
    I lost my job this year so I decided to start a courier business but I need someone to navigate me. I really need to understand how to set the pricing and how to contract with the larger shipping companies. Thank you.
  • 82. IC said on 10/25/2009 8:01:42 PM
    Just as everyone before me, I am in need of setting rates that are competitive and that will also provide a profit margin. I am in Nevada. Thanks
  • 83. Lahu said on 11/2/2009 4:44:26 AM
    Hi i am Lahu, i want to start my own courier business( Fedex, DHL any reputed courier companies franchise )anyone help me to How to get that reputed courier services franchise, how to start it.
  • 84. MIKE VIEHL said on 11/5/2009 5:51:32 AM
    I HAVE 28 YRS EXPERIENCE IN THE BUSINESS IN NYC. I'D LIKE TO PARTNER WITH SOMEONE. LETS TALK
  • 85. David Brundage Sr. said on 11/13/2009 11:55:43 PM
    I have spent over $1,500 on starting this courier service with business cards, office supplies, insurance, license and advertising. I have only had 2 deliveries and they were both family and a friend. What in the world do I need to do differently to break into this industry? I have the best rates around and will provide the most personable service possible. I need to start getting a couple of calls soon or i'm gonna lose it. What to do?
  • 86. Rhonda Y. Coxon said on 11/19/2009 2:31:26 AM
    THE COURIER BUSINESS IS THE SECOND PART OF MY BUSINESS I HAVE NOT ADVENTURED OUT TO AS OF YET. I HAVE A TRANSPORTATION BUSINESS IN SAVANNAH, GA. AND WOULD LIKE TO GET THE COURIER SIDE UP AND RUNNING.
  • 87. candy said on 11/26/2009 7:28:37 AM
    hi, my name is candy and i want to start my my own courier business and i really don't know how to do and where to go to get it working.
  • 88. Madhu said on 11/30/2009 7:10:42 AM
    Myself & my friend would like to start a courier service business. Cud u plz let us know the procedure to start this business. We located at Hyderabad, Andhrapradesh, India. Initially we would like to start-up this business within the city, any info on investment is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Madhu.K
  • 89. ashraff said on 12/1/2009 2:03:30 PM
    i would like to start a small courier business. Please advise how to market and get work for my business
  • 90. Paul Feehan said on 12/6/2009 3:20:27 AM
    I am located in Warrington, England....Considered to be a transport hub as its centrally located in the uk and has excellent motorway networks surrounding it. I want to start my own courier company and would really appreciate help on how to price for my services? I have experience of multi-drop currently at 30 drops per day but wonder how being a courier business would be different? Any info would be gratefully received...Ta!!
  • 91. daniel tshazo said on 12/8/2009 9:59:42 AM
    hi i am located in johannesburg gauteng south africa. i would like to start a small courier business with two nissan 1400 bakkies please help me find work.
  • 92. Charlie O said on 12/9/2009 12:38:12 AM
    I am planning on buying a Toyota Hilux ute with tray to engage in delivering parcels within the vicinity of my residence and slowly expand. I'd like info on making client contact, keeping clients, sustaining the business and growing to be a good sized profitable business... Please advice me the pros and cons.. I live at Nambour 4560, Queensland, Australia
  • 93. Constance said on 12/10/2009 5:26:01 AM
    Hi, I'm staying at Nelspruit Mpumalanga Province, I want to start a small courier business with a Qauntum Panel van
  • 94. Anant Singh said on 12/15/2009 7:28:37 PM
    Hi! I am a Marine officer and want to start a small size cargo and courier company in Mumbai also basing it up to Kolkata, delhi, and bangalore & hyderabad. Kindly advice. Anant.
  • 95. Courious in Jax said on 12/28/2009 3:19:12 PM
    Jacksonville, florida, 32258. I want to start a courier service for small to medium size packages in the jacksonville area only. Currently I drive trucks for a living so I'm familiar with pick up and delivery but I have no clue on how to get the business started. can you point me in the right direction to find out what I should charge? I know by reading this page that I don't want to do medical or perishable items. Can you please give me some insight on where to get started?
  • 96. saalim said on 12/30/2009 1:50:18 PM
    I'm Saalim and I am an Indian Citizen residing in the city of Kolkata (Calcutta). I am writing this note as i feel there's plenty of stupid (mind my words) people living in dreams. What is courier service and how you think can anyone help you achieve MONEY out of this biz..? Its not like making cakes with little hard work, it asks for knowledge, commitments and most importantly...courage to face a front-line customer. Here you are not selling any products but simply....SERVICE. Be careful guys you and your generation can land into big time trouble but if you make the right move with right people then your generation will thank you for your decision. All the best....U seem smarter anyways. Chao, Saalim
  • 97. thandanani said on 1/6/2010 10:58:06 AM
    I am interested in starting a courier service business in South Africa, Gauteng, Pretoria
  • 98. jennifer said on 1/7/2010 5:21:08 AM
    i would like to start a courier business either parcels or medical suppliers please advise
  • 99. Jimmie said on 1/7/2010 5:36:11 PM
    I want to start a courier business carrying small and large package. Could you assist me on how to charge.
  • 100. wayne said on 1/9/2010 9:19:02 AM
    I want to start my own courier business in the telford area, i need to know what rates to charge people and also how to gain customers and other information that would be useful to me would be a great help.
  • 101. marinus said on 1/11/2010 9:18:16 PM
    hey, i've got a ute and would like to start my own courier company? what is the best way to start and how long can i expect to wait before I can start? What is a thumbsuck amount per week if you do it on your own and or what if you subcontract yourself? ($pw?) i'm in perth, australia. thanks
  • 102. Wilson said on 1/12/2010 12:31:08 AM
    hi i intend to start my courier company in singapore can u help me???
  • 103. Mike said on 1/12/2010 4:23:57 AM
    Hi i have a bakkie and i would like to provide transportation for a courier company. I am situated at Johannesburg soweto Diepkllof. Please email me if you need my service.
  • 104. alfred kgwedi said on 1/14/2010 2:38:53 PM
    hi i want to start courier service with my own car, good condition car and am a effective and efficient worker situated in pretoria
  • 105. steve said on 1/14/2010 6:59:56 PM
    stephen, saint charles, missouri. What's the best way to get clients? I just want to work using one vehicle, with me as the driver.
  • 106. sarita mahrolia said on 1/16/2010 4:44:35 AM
    i m sarita want to start my courier business how much capital i need in kamla nagar delhi india
  • 107. Sundharananda said on 1/17/2010 4:26:04 AM
    I want open a courier branch, however. I do not have any experience. I want to know about this service from the scratch. Please help me out. Thank you.
  • 108. ernest manganyi said on 1/20/2010 4:52:16 AM
    SUB contract courier business. From Soweto. Johannesburg. South africa
  • 109. pradeep said on 1/24/2010 3:55:29 AM
    i am soon starting this business in india
  • 110. barton cohen said on 1/26/2010 1:02:03 PM
    hi my company is in new jersey we use cargo bikes also and only deal in a specific category of product to deliver, highly niched but i have done the research and know there is void here and a need, if anybody out there even in different state wants to get started, or wants to partner with us, i feel that i on a truly untapped market, by the way i am over 55 and have the athletic ability to ride over 100 miles even in bad weather, i have trained my body to do this over the last 5 years, i am open to any new ideas that can only help me in my vision to see this through thanks very much barton cohen
  • 111. Maciu Koto said on 1/26/2010 3:04:33 PM
    Hi i am interested in running my own courier company can send more information on how to get these off the ground?
  • 112. Ben said on 1/26/2010 10:37:57 PM
    Tarniet, Melbourne Vic. hi, I'm about to purchase a van and start as subcontractor courier business i would like to know how to charge? how much a courier license cost? do i have to buy new van or it can be second hand? I will be looking forward to your reply. Thanks
  • 113. Precious Jamela said on 1/27/2010 9:44:01 AM
    I would like to start a courier business but i do not know where to start, please help, i have a second hand van, Thanks. Johannesburg, South Africa
  • 114. HAROLD MOROLONG said on 1/28/2010 10:14:55 AM
    Hi, i'm staying in kimberley(northern cape)AND I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IDEAS ON HOW TO GET MY COURIER BUSINESS OF THE GROUND. THANKING YOU.
  • 115. richard mooney said on 1/28/2010 4:03:51 PM
    thanks for all the valuable information, i would like to start one courier business in sheffield, england.
  • 116. Anthony Rabindran said on 2/1/2010 7:58:35 AM
    Hi, I would like to start up a same day courier company in Surrey, but I am new to this industry, please can anyone tell me the good and the bad points in this industry?
  • 117. hafiz said on 2/3/2010 2:48:20 AM
    Hi. I'm staying in Malaysia. I just started to do courier service. I just need the advise can i survive at this line. I really dont know how can i get the customer and what is the best formula for new comer like me to get the first customer and can get long at this line. Hope anybody can help me. thank & regards
  • 118. LEBHANG said on 2/3/2010 7:24:25 AM
    hi, i'm staying in pretoria, i have a registered cc, and i have a bakkie, looking for a contract around gauteng, please if anyone has information or help mail back, i'm really new in business and need guidance for job opportunities. thank you!
  • 119. car courier said on 2/3/2010 11:37:31 AM
    Now I'm a courier in London England, and I read so many comments of how people will not use courier sin cars, well I earn on average £300 per day 6 days a week driving my little old pug 106, I also have a trailer on the back so I can carry pallets too, well worth it. I also have a heavy duty roof rack fitted so am often loaded in the car, on the roof and trailer, so my question is why bother with a van, as with a car I only need basic insurance which cost about £200pa
  • 120. steve said on 2/3/2010 2:30:37 PM
    Lets get real. Firstly, if you aint got £5000 plus the vehicle, you will struggle, why? cos you will be giving credit to all and sundry for 60 days and paying for your running costs as you need to (fuel/tyres/insurances). Courier Insurance equals taxi insurance in its rates, £1000 a year if you have transferable No Claims Bonus. Before even considering it, google "london gazette" and search "personal insolvencies" for "couriers". You CANNOT legally be a carrier of goods without business/courier insurance, get stopped carrying 50 parcels with different names on each and the police will crush your nova in a flash.
  • 121. Keith Ayres said on 2/3/2010 3:31:50 PM
    I wanna set up a UK sameday network, areas only cost £10,000
  • 122. simon said on 2/3/2010 5:22:36 PM
    it might just help if some of you lot made a business plan
  • 123. Geordie said on 2/4/2010 3:00:53 AM
    Tell me what is a business plan? is it like a menu that has all the prices you can charge on? How much and what sort of ins. do I need? Never been a courier before and just passed my driving test. so do you think it will be expensive? seen all the vans going about tnt, dhl etc, and thought I can do that. Any help appreciated. thank you
  • 124. Alfie said on 2/4/2010 4:26:38 AM
    Hi Geordie. Just to let you know anyone can be a courier, but it takes a lot more than just a van /car to do it, go and see the local couriers & ask their advice. but dont ask them how much you should charge for a job or they will kick you out. that is personal only to the courier. next I would get some driving experience behind you, but seeing some so called couriers i dont think they have even passed their test. on another note, if you do get to be a courier look out or no.1 and take as much work as you can get, even if it means being a bit lae so you can get that extra package on go luck
  • 125. Smeagle said on 2/4/2010 5:54:05 AM
    I'd like to earn £300 per day for minimal work and minimal outlay. I have a pug and i've located a trailer that i could easily swipe. I could use string instead of a roofrack? I haven't bothered with insurance and i've heard you never get paid out on PL or GIT so i'll give that a miss too. Anyway, could someone point me in the direction of a company that would use me? I don't want to tramp so was thinking 50 miles max one way, 100 miles per day should allow me to leave after Jeremy Kyle and return in time for golf. That equates to £6 per loaded mile, is this the going rate for a pug with trailer and string? I found your comments very helpful so far!
  • 126. Daffed said on 2/4/2010 6:12:37 AM
    I too would like to earn the £300 per day, i have my Ford Mondeo ready, with business insurance, (yes i got business instead of normal) i dont have a roof rack but i could use the idea of smeagle and use some string and tie them through the windows, (which are also electric so i can control the load too ! bonus) i bought a manual from a website for £24-99 which i thought was a bargain because everywhere else wanted £35, i am also going to advertise on ebay because my friend in the pub told me you can make a load of money from the site advertising your services. I have £300 in the kitty for fuel, so i think that should be enough until i start getting paid, any cash jobs would obviously be better for me so i dont have to declare to the horrid tax man ! thanks in advance for your help guys
  • 127. sunny said on 2/5/2010 12:20:51 AM
    hi i'm looking to start my business and whats the best rates to charge and whats the best way to get clients i want to keep it in one city to start off
  • 128. Skinnymick said on 2/5/2010 6:50:20 AM
    Hi, thought I'd give some of you would be couriers a few useful tips. I do loads of work and earn plenty doing it but I used to get pulled by the police and VOSA a lot in my new van, so I got rid and bought a battered old smilley Jumbo tranny, load of rust so I looked like a pikey without two cents to rub together, then I put a good engine in so it wouldn't brake down, then I bought myself a 23 foot twin axel Hobby caravan that was really a shed on wheels. I strengthened the floor, stripped it out and welded a steel framework inside, the windows were left in and I left the curtains and blinds in. So now what I have got is a trailer that looks like a caravan, I never get pulled because I look like a pikey and I can carry nearly 7 tons and dont have to have a tacho, I even got a bed and cooker in the trailer so I can stay out for weeks with little or no expense. So dont believe all the crap you read about all this expensive insurance you need, 200 quid ayear 3rd party. Simples!
  • 129. Simon said on 2/7/2010 12:12:08 AM
    Couriers Australia. The question has been asked on how to set rates. As an example I have found it is good to compare against your competitors. With the internet age most couriers have online quote systems. Even better are ones that actually compare the courier rates like www.cheapcouriers.com.au I'm sure there are similar websites for each country. If not do it the hard way and pretend you are a customer. Simon
  • 130. innocentia said on 2/9/2010 4:00:46 AM
    Hi, i would like to know how i can get a courier services for my bakkie, im based in south africa, gauteng.
  • 131. Moses said on 2/9/2010 10:58:29 AM
    Hi, I'm interested in subcontract within a courier business in South Africa, Gauteng, Johanesburg area.
  • 132. Edisson Duque said on 2/10/2010 11:36:12 PM
    Hello, I want to start a courier company in Miami, FL, but I am new in this industry, please can anybody guide me about the good and the bad things in this industry? Besides that, I would like to know what kind of insurances do I need and any other permits. Please advise.
  • 133. Liezel said on 2/11/2010 4:57:01 AM
    Hi. I would like to start my own courier service. I'm new in the industry. I'm in Cape Town, South Africa. The areas i'm looking at are Durbanville, Peninsula (Century City), Rondebosch, Observatory. How do I work out my rates, Rand per km? Please can you give me tips on how to start, marketing etc? Thank you
  • 134. Francois Benjamin said on 2/17/2010 2:25:55 PM
    Hi, I recently bought a 1 tonner with high volume canopy for contract work. I am however struggling with rates to charge for parcels, boxes and etc. I tried the DHL volumetric route however I believe this model is outdated already. Could you please advise which model to charge my clients on and still maintain my competitive advantage.
  • 135. chuka anene said on 2/19/2010 12:42:20 PM
    Well, i intend starting it here in Lagos State, Nigeria. I really hope you can give me all advice needed. Sincerely, Chuka
  • 136. Jacqueline Barnard said on 2/22/2010 6:59:55 AM
    Goldfields area to Bloemfotein. I have a 2010 Fiat Strata Bakkie with a canopy and would like to start a courier service or contract work for small parcels and letters. Please advise and give me tips on how to start marketing etc. Thank you Jacky
  • 137. Jacqueline Barnard said on 2/22/2010 7:07:35 AM
    Welkom, Freesate South-africa. I Would also like to know on how to set up a business plan Thanking you Jacky
  • 138. THOMAS MANGANYI said on 2/27/2010 3:03:34 AM
    i'm thomas manganyi i'm a south african, my location is soweto and my city is johannesburg i have a toyota high ride and i like to find out on how can i put my bakkie to a sub contract with a courier company. i will be glad to get an advise from you.
  • 139. ray said on 3/3/2010 7:20:09 AM
    i want to start a courier service around pretoria east, gauteng. Can someone give me a idea or tips how to start.
  • 140. Aaron said on 3/4/2010 4:50:04 PM
    I'm a experienced Independent Contractor that's done all types of courier work. U name it I've probably moved it & (got paid) to make it happen. I'm what you'd call a 24 year old go getter & I'd be happy to share my knowledge and tell those interested the ins and outs of the business. I currently operate on the East coast of the USA.
  • 141. Aaron said on 3/4/2010 5:13:40 PM
    A lot of you are asking "How do I start a company". It's rather easy. Invest in self. By that I mean if you are serious about starting out in this business and have little knowledge of the way things work you need to invest in yourself. Search for already established companies that are in need of Independent Contractors. Things you'll need: Most important is a good attitude and the drive to keep going no matter how much drama/volume of work you are able to obtain on a day to day basis. 2nd is almost just as important: Dependable transportation. I'd recommend finding out what volume of parcels you will be delivering. Are you gonna need a cargo van to fit your daily workload in or can you get by using a smaller vehicle. Once you know what you'll be delivering you'll know what type of vehicle you need. Another tool of the trade is a up to date GPS. Most companies will be sending you to places you've never been if it's a rural country type of area you'll need to know the fastest way to get there. Every minute you're on the road is a minute away from your family/life. That's key in this business time really is money but most importantly is the time away from home. That's what puts us apart from "Truckers". We get to go home at the end of the day. If you're being sent to a big city then this is where the GPS will really pay off. Sitting in for hours will run your costs through the roof, increase your stress, and most importantly hamper the customer's product delivery time.
  • 142. Aaron said on 3/4/2010 5:21:33 PM
    Insurance: Another "Tool" you're gonna need is insurance. Most companies will have insurance on the items that they want you to deliver but you are expected to cover vehicle insurance. Depending on what you get into you're gonna need to show the company proof of insurance (Declaration). Most companies will require a standard coverage of $300,000.00 on a vehicle. It's a high amount but in this business you need to cover yourself with insurance. Now that I've explained some key details I'll let you all in on how the system really works on the financial end of things.
  • 143. Aaron said on 3/4/2010 5:32:52 PM
    As a independent contractor you'll never receive a paycheck but instead it will be called a commission check. A commission check is payment for your services of delivering a package/s for a week's worth of work. When you are paid commission you are your own boss and owner of your own company. Yay it's time to taste fruits of your labor. You're gonna need a dump truck to haul all that cash you just made. Wrong. In most cases you'll be getting a small percentage of what another company charges another company to have an item delivered. example: 1 50lb box that needs to be delivered from A to B. 1 company will order it then another company will say we'll deliver it at this rate. Normal rates will include mileage + price per pound. Once a contract is established for our 50lb box it's time to send in you. The shipping company will say we'll pay you this % of what we're charging the other company to deliver this package. Most companies will use a 50/50 system others will give you a flat rate for a route on a weekly basis. Now as earlier I said it's "easy" to start your own company. I didn't say you'd be getting rich. As an Independent Contractor you're considered your own company so it's up to you to "invest in self". Keep your vehicle moving and keep learning everything you can from doing this type of work.
  • 144. Aaron said on 3/4/2010 5:43:08 PM
    I'm sure most of the people that posted questions here want to jump ahead and receive 100% of the money from doing this type of work. If this is your goal you're gonna have to pay your dues and do sub contracted work for other companies until you learn all the ins and outs of the business. If you wanna run the entire show you need to understand logistics. A Big company will secure a contract with another company to deliver a large bulk of items to branches of the main company. Once a contract is made it's up to the delivery company to get the item moved to a hub. Once at a hub someone has to sort the bulk of items so that the items are going to the drivers who will run their route and deliver all the items. Now as I said earlier a driver is receiving a smaller % of what the delivery company is charging. If you want a bigger % you have to do a bigger part of the work load. The delivery company will have to pay the big truck drivers to move the bulk of the items, they pay people to sort the items, they pay people to track the items, they pay people to answer the phones when items are delivered, and lastly they pay you" The Independent Contracting Work Mule" as I like to call it. This entire operation takes a lot of hard work, planning, dedication, and a team of people that have the same goal. That goal is making money. It's up to you to decide what role you wanna play in this system.
  • 145. Christian said on 3/9/2010 8:06:13 PM
    I have a four years old ford van, I based in London United Kingdom. looking to get an advice on how to set up a courier company, the difference in various courier companies and what it required to set up one.
  • 146. shafi said on 3/10/2010 7:52:23 AM
    I have self named, self owned transportation, cargo service company in kerala. on this i wished to start world wide courier. so how get its license. reply me if u know anything
  • 147. TEFELO said on 3/11/2010 12:56:12 AM
    i will like to start courier company and i have toyota tazz currently, but i would like to trade in and get opel utility for my courier services. so what must i do to market myself and the risk factors as well. regards, tefelo, 0823594585, joburg, alberton
  • 148. Daniel Ramongalo said on 3/14/2010 2:17:46 PM
    I'm based in Rustenburg/Mogwase. I would like to start to be subcontracted in a well established courier. Delivering cargo around Rustenburg and Pretoria in South Africa
  • 149. patti tague said on 3/18/2010 10:27:40 AM
    I am trying to start a courier business in the Kearney, Nebr. (tri-cities) area. How do i know how much to charge. miles/time expected, etc,
  • 150. Gazza P said on 3/21/2010 8:57:09 PM
    Our courier software is ideal for startups with small budgets. visit kelticweb.com or search for 'Freightistics'. G
  • 151. raymond said on 3/22/2010 1:23:39 PM
    i am trying to start a courier business with in the city thats kampala uganda so please advise me on what kind of packages i should handle if i have little start up capital
  • 152. KEM SOMARU said on 3/28/2010 7:10:19 AM
    I would like to sub contract for well established courier companies in Durban. I have renault kango and reside in Phoenix Durban
  • 153. Mike Hallett said on 3/29/2010 1:41:40 PM
    Hi, I live in Biddeford Maine and have been looking in to starting my own courier business in my local area I have ideas on what I want to do small packages and same day deliveries my questions is 1)how much do I charge 2)do I charge by the mile or by a flat rate. 3)how do I market my areas of business 4)How do I plan marketing plan such as fliers 5) and how to sale myself for the work any info would be great thanks Mike
  • 154. Mlungisi said on 4/11/2010 7:10:46 AM
    i intend opening a shuttle service around Pretoria and have no idea on how to market to companies with bookings
  • 155. suraj singh said on 4/12/2010 12:05:49 PM
    i am a collage boy my age 21 old. i am doing BMS (Management studies). I want to start a business which is helpful to all people and profitable as well. I am a heard working boy. What study I must do which is very useful to me. What courses and training I must do. Please help me please.
  • 156. Roger said on 4/13/2010 10:17:21 AM
    Hi!i registered a courier company in 2007 but am experiencing a low income. please advice on how to get clients. i live in nairobi kenya
  • 157. ashok kumar said on 4/14/2010 12:10:55 PM
    I WANT TO START OWN COURIER COMPANY HOW MUCH COST AND NEED MONEY FOR THIS
  • 158. mark mwadama said on 4/17/2010 5:23:52 AM
    Hi, i have a small capital and i want to start a courier business here in Nairobi Kenya. please advice what are the steps to follow to succeed and how i can market my business.
  • 159. natalia garcia said on 4/19/2010 2:22:00 PM
    Hi, i am trying to open an international courier company, small and large packages in Miami Florida, what is the first step i need to do? thank you.
  • 160. Ben said on 4/20/2010 10:59:04 AM
    I would like to sub contract for courier companies in Toronto, Canada. I live in Toronto, Canada. Please contact.
  • 161. prashanth.p.a said on 4/21/2010 5:31:43 AM
    Dear Pradeep, i have gone thru ur msg#117 above n u want to expand business in india. i am presently living in hyderabad state andhrapradesh/country india. my contact # 09491110868. WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS ARE U INTO PLS UPDATE UR DETAILS. HV A NICE DAY. REGDS PRASHANTH
  • 162. Maggie Ismail said on 4/21/2010 3:10:54 PM
    I have a Courier service in name only....Now, how do I get business?
  • 163. A.Susainathan said on 4/23/2010 6:51:06 AM
    Hi All, please note i got vast experience in courier industries in domestics as well as in International/logistics worked in big firm now would like to start on my own..can any one be partner with me.
  • 164. simphiwe Mzizi said on 4/24/2010 4:50:19 AM
    Hi I'm looking into subcontracting a H100 bakkie for a courier service company...Can i please have a list of genuine Companies if possible.
  • 165. Manoj K. Saho said on 4/26/2010 2:32:42 AM
    HOW I CAN START MY OWN COURIER SERVICE IN INDIA. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTION AND ADVICE IN DETAILED. THANKING YOU
  • 166. kevin said on 4/29/2010 10:25:09 AM
    what thing should be needed to start a courier office, all i've to know is detail, thank you .
  • 167. ripon lodh said on 5/1/2010 8:23:53 AM
    my business location is in kolkata, i do have my own office space and i request to you sir to give me the ideas to start a new courier business.
  • 168. Mike Jarvis said on 5/7/2010 12:59:57 PM
    I am running a sub-contract courier service with a diesel transit van. What rate should I charge for my services?
  • 169. jann said on 5/8/2010 11:25:12 PM
    i've stared a courier service but i'm looking for a free system to keep track of records. ways to have an edge over completion and any start up info i may need.
  • 170. abigail said on 5/11/2010 2:03:46 PM
    i want to start my own courier service. i got the transport and the motivation only need guidance. i'm in worcester western cape (south-africa) 6850 could u help me please
  • 171. kevin said on 5/12/2010 9:00:14 PM
    United States of America my state is Illinios my city is Chicago. Who and where do I get started subcontracting in my area?
  • 172. Biljana said on 5/15/2010 7:08:24 PM
    Hi me and my husband like to start business like a couriers from our home or for some business like to travel around Brisbane -Gold Coast. Please can we have some ideas or help about that. Thanks Biljana
  • 173. Zuziwe said on 5/16/2010 9:11:43 AM
    How much capital do I need to start a courier business? I want to subcontract,(bakkie will be mine)How do I find clients/how do I market my business?
  • 174. Oloruntola said on 5/20/2010 5:23:36 AM
    Good day, i am interested in starting a courier service that specializes only in hourly delivery of mails either directly to the recipient's addresses or to the post offices thus saving people's time and the cost of traveling down to the General Post Offices. At the moment, i reside in Lagos, Nigeria. I will appreciate a concrete advice regarding the needed tools, strategies required, and probably the cost of operation.
  • 175. Quin said on 5/20/2010 6:22:20 AM
    Durban: i would like to transport good up to around 5ton from Durban to Richards Bay as a start. were and how do i locate customers for contract work
  • 176. fedesco said on 5/20/2010 5:48:39 PM
    Hi: I been looking to start my own Motorcycle courier business in the Tampa bay area, i want to deliver small packages and envelopes the same day; how much do I charge? do I charge by the mile or by a flat rate? how do I market my areas of business? How do i marketing such as fliers, business cards, etc? is there a license? or what is a good way to approach potential clients? .. any comments will be greatly appreciated.
  • 177. Christian said on 5/26/2010 12:57:59 PM
    Hi, I have a small capital and I want to start a courier business here in Ecuador. Please advice what are the steps to follow to succeed and how i can market my business thank you, Guayaquil, Ecuador
  • 178. Luv said on 5/28/2010 3:46:01 AM
    I am a Courier Consolidator based in MUMBAI. We are very strong in UK USA & DXB. Kindly contact if you want to start load through BOM
  • 179. mani said on 5/28/2010 1:41:00 PM
    hi.... i have planned to start a courier business in chennai can u give details abt how i can become an agent and to whom i should contact for further details
  • 180. Ezekiel Mokone said on 6/7/2010 2:43:00 AM
    Hi. I have a KIA 1,3 Tone bakkie. I have planned to start a courier business, but I don't know how to go about .Please advice me as how and who to contact
  • 181. Sthembile said on 6/7/2010 6:18:21 AM
    Hi, i have a vw panel van and i would like to subcontract with one of the courier companies. Johannesburg.
  • 182. sandip vernekar said on 6/11/2010 8:23:40 AM
    I am interested in setting up courier business specially a tie up with reputed company. my location is in Goa at panaji (INDIA)
  • 183. leon haughton said on 6/11/2010 11:37:44 AM
    cardiff, wales, uk. I want to start same day courier and delivery.
  • 184. Mohsin Patel said on 6/11/2010 1:05:44 PM
    I am interested in looking for some companies in uk, who will be happy to collaborate with us to send parcel to all over the world, and we are special to send parcel to INDIA, lowest cost and with guarantee. For further inquiry and guidance, please feel free to contact me.
  • 185. rosie said on 6/14/2010 10:49:46 PM
    what type of insurance do i need to start up a private airport courier business. how do i cover myself if there is a accident. what other things do i need to know. tax etc
  • 186. Toto said on 6/17/2010 8:22:32 AM
    Hi. I would like to start a courier business, can you please give me info as to how to charge for services. I'm in Bloemfontein, South Africa. Kind Regards
  • 187. rajpal rajpal said on 6/17/2010 10:45:31 AM
  • 188. PANKAJ SHUKLA said on 6/20/2010 3:59:01 PM
    hi, sir i m PANKAJ SHUKLA sir i want to start own courier franchise. in PUNE city sir i need basic information how to start my company . plz help me how to find the company easily.
  • 189. Toa Mafi said on 6/21/2010 12:20:34 AM
    i want to start own courier service i need basic information how i start and what requirement i need to get license, i still have a 9yr in primary and needs my time as I am a full-time working mother at the moment, thank you. Toa
  • 190. Michael said on 6/23/2010 4:37:43 AM
    Hi, I have already started a courier company and need to subcontract with other big company in the industry, how can I achieve this? South Africa, Gauteng, JHB
  • 191. Patrick Mbala said on 6/23/2010 9:09:01 AM
    I would like to start a courier services within my area with just a few clients, what is the best way to do this.
  • 192. Essy Savvas said on 6/28/2010 2:51:34 PM
    I've recently started a courier business, transporting almost anything, all is going well and picking up clients, at this moment I'm charging per parcel a random figure, but what are the best ways to work out costs, is it by kg's? What sort of scale will I need? Thanx
  • 193. Donald aphane said on 6/30/2010 5:33:49 PM
    Am based around limpopo near polokwane and i want to start a courier business whereby i'll be doing pickups and delivery but the thing am not financially okay how can you help me i really love this industry...pls Regards M.D Aphane
  • 194. Charity samuriwo said on 7/4/2010 9:25:15 PM
    Hi I really would like to start a courier business in qld Australia. I do not know where to start so would like as much information as possible. I have capital and that's about it! Thank you
  • 195. Chris said on 7/5/2010 6:07:17 AM
    I see a lot of people on here looking for answers, but I don't see many questions being answered. I used to work for a courier company a while back. I am looking at starting my own now just like everyone else on here. If you want a fairly easy to understand guide to starting your own courier business, check out this website. At the end of the website, there is a link for FREE software for a courier service owner. You can use it to keep track of your customers, when the delivery was completed, what you charged them, and more. I would look at UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS costs, and see what they factor in to the pricing equation. Also, call several courier companies in your area and check their pricing. Act like you are a customer who needs pricing. Hope this helps everyone.
    P.S.- Average price charged by courier companies is $.50 per mile. Good Luck.
  • 196. Mike Dinkins said on 7/7/2010 1:33:20 PM
    I live in a medium sized town in Georgia and I would like some info on how to start a courier business. This would be a one person operation. I would like to know how to get customers and prices that I should charge.
  • 197. louisa said on 7/8/2010 3:50:37 AM
    hi, i need ideas on how to set up a courier agency in Victoria Falls - Zimbabwe. in this town there is already one other agency. i would appreciate ideas on marketing, creating a strong clientele base, how and where to setup office, type of office etc! Thank you
  • 198. Meshack said on 7/8/2010 4:27:41 AM
    Hi, i'm a long distance truck driver for 17 years now i want to start my own courier business delivering small parcels up to 8 tons. I live in Benoni Gauteng please advise me on how to get courier license, permit and how to do marketing for my business. Thank you Meshack Mnguni
  • 199. NARESH JAIN said on 7/9/2010 3:46:23 AM
    I AM HAVING A SMALL SHOP IN INDORE ON MAIN ROAD IN PRIME LOCATION. I WANT TO START A COURIER AGENCY OF SMALL LETTERS AND ENVELOPES. I WANT UR EXPERT ADVICE HOW TO START THE SAME AND WHERE TO APPROACH FOR GETTING THE AGENCY. PLS ITS A URGENT MATTER SO PLS DO REPLY
  • 200. Glen beginner adviser said on 7/12/2010 7:58:46 AM
    Hi, there every one, First and foremost i agree with Chris that there are no answers and only any queries regarding the start up for a courier company. You guys must understand that while each county has its own rules and regulations the basic idea of a courier is express safe delivery of the parcels of those customers who not only trust you but also pay you to handle their consignments, urgency & convenience would be the standing out reasons, so there fore please get into this business only if you have the above honesty and commitment towards the above. To start up depends on the kind of business you want to get into, is it local area pick up and deliveries? Or you want to handle larger areas within your cities maybe even interstate country wide last and best international. If you guys need some information on the same I will be too happy to share my knowledge and help out in any manner I can as it will be very difficult to cover every bodies requirements on one mail. You may please feel free to contact me at uconexp@rediffmail.com
    P.S. I happen to have around 15 years experience in courier cargo and logistics in New Delhi India

uconexp@rediffmail.com