How to Start Auto Body Shop

Auto business is touching its pinnacle again after 7 years of slug time. In 2007 Cars in US are selling as high as it sold in 2000 so there is an opportunity to make money by opening an auto body shop.

If you are looking for profitable business ideas, you might want to consider having money making venturing plans in the auto body parts and autobody repair industry.

Many entrepreneurs who are looking for startup business ideas and business opportunities have already realized the potential profits of starting an auto service center. If you are considering the idea of engaging business in the auto body repair and auto body repair estimate industry, it will be much helpful if you know a number of business guides and starting business tips to help you ensure success in your auto body collision repair business. Here are some entrepreneur guides on how to start auto body shop:

Choosing the right location for your auto body repair center

When opening an auto body shop, it is important that you choose a location that is best fitted for an auto body repair shop. This is to ensure that your prospective clients can easily see your auto body shop. Make sure that you establish your auto paint and body shop in areas where most of your clients will find accessible. Many successful auto body repair parts shops, for example, have established their cars auto body shop near parking areas of high traffic commercial establishments.

Increasing the number of your clients

Choosing a location for an auto body repair tools and autobody shop is important but many entrepreneurs have realized that it is not easy to choose an ideal location to market auto car parts and auto body shop supplies. It is therefore crucial that you learn of other means to increase the number of your auto body shop clients especially if you are not able to choose the perfect location when you are starting a business in auto body shop equipment. Among the innovative business schemes that auto parts business startups can consider is by taking advantage of the network of colleagues and auto dealers that you have to spread the word about your auto parts shop. You can also offer discounted rates for your auto body rust repair and body parts so people will find it more cost effective to avail of your shop’s products and services. You can always add some free services to your clients like the 5th oil change is for free, 10th regular servicing is 30% of regular servicing charge, give 20% of your servicing charges on a referral and more. Good customer service and quality jobs and products are also crucial because your satisfied customers will more likely return to your shop in the future and will even tell their friends about the satisfactory services that your auto cars shop offer to your clients.

• The Creation of the Body Shop Business Strategy
    Most of the Body Shop’s strategy comes from Anita Roddick’s objective for socially responsible citizens. Being a socially responsible person arise from simplest responsibility that a person can do.
  • Estimating Body Shop Labor Rates Per Hour
    Body shop labor rates are depending upon on the condition of the damage of car and the facilities that provide by the auto body shop. To estimate the body shop labor rate, you should first know these information.

• 1. sell bodyshop equipments said on 4/3/2008
    Just turn to me if you want to buy bodyshop equipments, quality and low price, save you almost half of your budget! Moses kk_268@hotmail.com
  • 2. Bernie said on 9/30/2008
    I'm actually trying to start my own cellular repair shop. Need to know some of the legals before moving on. This is my profession been doing it for about 10 years. email me bernie2940@yahoo.com
  • 3. Jimmy said on 3/10/2009 10:04:02 AM
    I need to start a body shop and hope you can help, I don’t know much about the business, but I have someone who used to work in this industry as a floor manager, I believe in this guy and would like to invest in him by opening this kind of a business for him to run. Can you advise me?
  • 4. Paul said on 5/5/2009 7:55:22 PM
    Please advise me on what I need to do to start a body shop business. How to find insurance company to work with you?
  • 5. josh said on 6/23/2009 8:48:48 AM
    Myself and a friend want to start an auto collision shop. We have the tools, paint booth, building, etc. But, I am worried about getting clients to start off. can you give me some tips on how to get clients
  • 6. adam said on 8/4/2009 4:38:50 PM
    i was starting to think about this type of venture and would like to know how much it would cost aprox to start up. eg price of equipment, also what size of garage do you think i will need
  • 7. jimmy said on 8/10/2009 8:19:23 PM
    I have a good location. most of the tools I need to get started. i dont know how or what I need to set up for estimates. I don't know how to process insurance claims. I also need to know what local government requirements there are, EPA, Fire regulations, etc. i just don't know how to find these things out. Can anyone help? Thanks
  • 8. Bump-n-Paint said on 8/17/2009 1:56:20 PM
    We have a fully ready shop at home. Need to know legal details of opening an auto body shop. (zoning, osha, tax ID, business license, state safety regulations), how/if we can obtain insurance work, how to protect our family assets/savings from the business, business suppliers (estimate forms). We will not have any 'employees', it will be family run. Would like to try to pull off starting this up without a loan. Concerns about being in residential neighborhood.
  • 9. david said on 8/30/2009 2:34:34 PM
    If you guys want to open a shop, get involved in your local auto body organization. The people who fight for body shop labor rates and regulations are the same people who can help you establish a body shop with all the proper insurances. They will inform you on all the regulations and inspections you will be receiving.

Now-a-days, having a good reputation and doing quality work get you nowhere. You need to have multiple insurance companies and fast working employees. Factor in your operating cost for the month alone and figure if you really want to open a body shop. With the economy in the state it is in right now, people do not have the extra money to repair a scratch or ding, so all your work will most likely be from insurance companies. I would advise everyone in here to work in a body shop before jumping into one. You really need to love this work to own a shop, because it will 90% of the time never make you rich.
  • 10. ewelina said on 9/3/2009 6:19:56 PM
    myself and my boyfriend want to start an auto body collision and paint repair shop. he has 9 years of experience in automotive refinishing. can you give us some tips on how to start it such as renting a space, bringing the customers, get in to insurance repair programs etc. thanks evelina.
  • 11. sujit kr basu said on 9/6/2009 7:43:11 AM
    I WANT TO START AN AUTOMOBILE BODY SHOP IN INDIA, I WANT TO HAVE SOME COMPANY OR INDIVIDUAL TO CO-OPERATE AND COLLABORATE ALONG WITH ME TO START THIS NEW VENTURE. I AM AN AUTOMOBILE ENGINEER AND HAVE GREAT HOPES AND DREAM TO START MY OWN BODY SHOP. PLEASE HELP
  • 12. Kennedy said on 10/15/2009 9:57:27 AM
    I have an Auto Body Shop for lease on a busy major highway with a following in NJ. That's your quickest, easiest way to start a body shop. Continue what I have started in 1980.
  • 13. Kennedy said on 10/15/2009 10:01:06 AM
    If you would like INFO on leasing my successful Auto Body Business in NJ call 609 268-3104 or KBS1608@AOL.com
  • 14. Kirt said on 11/17/2009 5:11:49 PM
    Advise. Wanting to start a body shop? Send me an E-mail. I'll answer as soon as I can. Experience running a shop doing 1.7 mil in gross yearly sales. Good luck
  • 15. Simon said on 12/4/2009 1:00:19 PM
    I guess it's for all who want to start auto collision shop. First check out EPA guidelines for your state. Because if you don't follow them you will pay big fine. You have to have tools lifts paint booth etc. Shop location it's one of important things. What clients you will service upscale Mercedes, Bentley etc or every day driver. If a upscale client comes he looks if the shop is clean what other jobs you did. It's best if you keep your shop clean then we all look for that. Price is big all people look for good price but if you go to low then client might think something is wrong. Have some money saved for couple of months you won't start making money right away. Be prepared. Also make a plan for few years what you're planing to do and what to get. For few years you are going to open and close the shop. You don't want to leave the shop employees will take advantage of that and you go out of business. Good Luck
  • 16. Katrez Milline said on 12/9/2009 4:38:07 PM
    I'm in school now taking up welding and auto collision. I was just wondering the pros and cons of running an auto collision shop and what will it take for me to start my own business. If you have any other information feel free to let me know. Thanks!
  • 17. Sandi said on 12/9/2009 5:53:03 PM
    myself and my Husband want to open an auto collision shop. My husband has been doing this line of work for 35years and feels it is time. We have a building in mind but, don't know how to go about it when it comes to inspections and who do we contact. The building is vacant and want to know how to go about it. We also have an insurance adjuster that is ready to promote and wants to invest is that a good idea. PLEASE HELP IN ANSWERING BACK ASAP.
  • 18. lewanna bersani said on 12/18/2009 10:57:16 AM
    i'm a high school student studying business ownership, i've been interested in the field of automotive & racing and in the future hope to open up a shop. Being a young adult i can only have oh so much experience, i'ld like to know some of the criterias that have to be done in the steps of opening up a business for mechanics and the guide lines to having a successful business. Thanks.
  • 19. Esteban Lopez said on 12/22/2009 9:08:43 PM
    IM A SENIOR AT FARMINGDALE STATE COLLEGE IN ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY AND IM IN THE MISTS OF RESEARCHING ALL I NEED TO BUY A LOT, BUILD, RUN AND SELL AS A BUSINESS. SOME INFORMATION I CAN PROVIDE PEOPLE INTERESTED IS THAT IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BUY A LOT MAKE SURE YOU ASK THE REALTOR IF THE LOT OR BUILDING IS IN THE BUSINESS DISTRICT FOR AUTO REPAIR SHOPS AND DEALERS. IF THE BUILDING BELONGS TO THAT ZONING AREA THEN YOU ARE IN LUCK FROM THERE ITS JUST REMODELING THE BUILDING TO MAKE SURE YOU GET APPROVED BY THE COMMISSIONER OF DMV.
  • 20. josh hepler said on 12/31/2009 9:29:09 PM
    my location is fredericksburg va 22407. i have a body shop and would like to receive insurance work. how do i get them to start sending me work, i am fully equip and really for the work
  • 21. Namu said on 1/10/2010 9:54:34 AM
    I want to start an automobile repair workshop in India (Hyderabad) I want company or individual to cooperate and collaborate along with me to start this new venture. I have 15 years Brand Dealer experience.
  • 22. lisa said on 1/25/2010 10:34:16 PM
    i would like to know what florida laws are out there to protect residents from neighbors that are running an auto body repair shop from their home. It is really trashing the neighborhood. Is this a matter for code enforcement? It's late 10:30 and i can hear them revving the motor of a car in their driveway. The whole place looks like a dump.
  • 23. gaurav pokharia said on 2/8/2010 3:00:56 PM
    i want to start a auto repair shop. Thats the place where mostly 5000-10000 vehicles. How it can be beneficial for me and how can i grow in 2-3 years.
  • 24. jade said on 3/7/2010 8:15:10 AM
    we have plan to make business auto shop and i need guide how to manage this kind of business and what are the thing we are doing kindly email as jademarston@yahoo.com. god bless you
  • 25. Laura said on 3/21/2010 5:23:59 PM
    JOJO Autobody INC located in sunny Northridge California--Big shop friendly service now just need DRP's from insurance companies the rest is already there...WE offer cash for referrals resulting in repairs..contact laura@jojoautobody.com for any questions or comments. Good luck to all you seekers..
  • 26. Kaz said on 4/12/2010 8:46:01 PM
    Hi i'm thinking to open auto body repair shop and car mechanic garage, i have no knowledge about the garage i'm looking for some advice what to do start with, and how much money i need and tools.
  • 27. eric aguilar said on 4/12/2010 10:10:49 PM
    My dad owns a body shop and he just told me that in august that he was going to retire and he wants me to take over. I'm nervous due to the fact that I'm coming from the funeral business and to keep his legacy alive, I'm going to take over. where do i start and what can i do to get more business?
  • 28. jay said on 5/4/2010 11:23:43 PM
    who can tell me the best way to get drp's to your shop I have had my business for over 10 yrs not 1 drp the insurance company sends all there jobs to 2 body shops in our town of 35k people we have 7 shops, I dont get it, can you help. we make money but most of the time just keep our heads above water we have 5 families that depend on the business, any help would be great !!! thanks, jay
  • 29. Jesse said on 5/5/2010 1:28:45 AM
    Jay, You need to apply for a DRP. after you do that make sure you document when and how and also their response. Insurance companies have to give you a chance. If they don't have one in your area then you should be able to get one even a small one like progressive or gieco. hit me up if you have any questions i've been in the business for 7 years. fresnogogreencollision@gmail.com
  • 30. Gai said on 5/6/2010 6:19:34 PM
    i want to start a business after i graduate and i would like to know what steps to take. i will be taking business classes in college which will help me a little but i need more help about it.
  • 31. kevin said on 5/6/2010 11:46:51 PM
    I have a building connected to an auto body shop and the fumes permeate my building which includes a garage, antique store, and my gym where can i get info. on whether this business is following proper guidelines. Osgood indiana
  • 32. edward said on 5/19/2010 7:47:27 AM
    hi, I'm looking for people who are interested in automotive repair shop, on lease at worli, mumbai, area 450 sq ft with office, contact me. email id ; eddiedsa@gmail.com
  • 33. Luis Mojardin said on 6/9/2010 12:49:46 PM
    In need of investor! My family is very talented when it comes to customizing cars.. we do window tint, taillight tint, custom paint, stereos and custom boxes. Pretty much all interior and exterior. We have all the talent but no money. If you are looking to invest, we can get some business done. NOT a lot of competition here in Denver, CO. email me at mojardin11@hotmail.com and we can start making money.
  • 34. isa said on 7/6/2010 6:22:10 PM
    I have a property complete with functional equipment for lease in Northern NJ. A Body shop has operated on this property for more than 30 years! Current business owner is ready to retire. Considering selling Business license.
  • 35. suresh said on 7/16/2010 10:38:24 AM
    I have a plan to start new service center for car ....just a month before i am completing my B.E. MECHANICAL graduation ...what are the needs to start a new service center..please guide me....
  • 36. Dave Benson said on 7/18/2010 3:49:27 PM
    i am a resident of Pensacola, Florida and wish to open a custom paint and body shop. It would be a small shop. I am currently a licensed auto adjuster and have been for the last ten years. I grew up in several body shops. Basically, do I need a business license to rent a small shop and do custom work and what are some of my options thanx
  • 37. Hamisu Idris Medugu said on 7/24/2010 3:57:43 PM
    i am a resident in Abuja FCT nigeria i plan to establish auto mechanic for all cars if possible include car wash and tyre services centre pls advise me i am 37yrs old my contact is d email and phne +2348033142259 also accounting by profession
  • 38. eileen said on 7/24/2010 8:01:23 PM
    i am body shop consultant and own a big team. if you like to join us - body shop beauty business. Please email me: eileengu@hotmail.co.uk IT IS FREE JOIN. (RRP £40)
  • 39. john kim said on 7/30/2010 12:45:49 AM
    i'm selling my auto repair shop in long beach, 5508 atlantic ave long beach ca, the land is included, let me know if you are interested, 400k or for lease. my email is kalikrnguy@hotmail.com
  • 40. clay woods said on 8/8/2010 8:42:13 PM
    My father owns a Paint and Body shop in Costa Mesa, Ca. I grew up in the family owned business in which my grand father taught me a great deal as a child. Today my father leases the shop out to another individual who bought the shops name. He is currently on a month to month lease!! And because of the economy requested a lower monthly rent!! And my dad agreed. The shop next door is discount tire center. They have a smaller shop and pay 10,000 a month. My dads shop is larger!! Twice the size and he only asks 5,500 monthly. Because of the economy he feels he had no other choice because he might have a hard time getting a new renter for the property. Is he making a mistake by allowing the current renter to pay less for the shop location? He has leased the shop for 15 years on 5 year leases and now ask for a reduction in rent and a month to month agreement. I want to take over the shop again someday. Perhaps very soon. The problem is start up costs. My father suggested a financial backer and a DRP INSURANCE Connection would be a must. Can you suggest where and how to approach individuals to invest in a new body shop on my dads location. It has two booths and has been there since my grandfather started it some 60 plus years ago. And how to approach insurance companies to allow you to be a DRP FOR THEM? And can you have more than one DRP at your location of business? Thank you for any advise you can give me. I sincerely appreciate your time and knowledge. Sincerely Clay Woods
  • 41. sooraj kuriakose said on 8/15/2010 7:11:16 AM
    i want to start an automobile body shop in a moderate size town in india. I would like to know about the startup cost like equipment cost, material cost. Workmen, floor area etc. Please help
  • 42. Alex said on 8/28/2010 11:36:22 PM
    I would like to receive all the information I need start an Auto Body Shop. My email is IsidroAlexMorgado@hotmail.com
  • 43. Moe said on 9/16/2010 9:39:51 AM
    I'm looking to start up a Auto body shop/ Custom shop! I need help on ideas! I have half a million to start it up. I'm in Illinois! please give me some ideas: ielaneizi@gmail.com
  • 44. Naveen said on 9/24/2010 12:46:17 AM
    Hi, I Am Naveen and plan to start up a Automobile work shop and a garage in kannur, Any one interested, pls comment back and will any one be interested to tell me what capital should i be having land, equipments, labour....
  • 45. Andrew said on 9/25/2010 6:43:54 PM
    I am a mechanical engineer, just retired from government after over 20 years of work in workshops management & maintenance planning. Now, I plan to start a garage biz specializing in: modern cars diagnostics, and repairs. In addition to importing and distributing auto sensors. [Note: my location is outside USA] Can any of the respected readers direct me to good sources of info on:
    1. Garage best layout, recommended equipment(detailed as much as possible, preferably with cost)and tools.
    2. The most needed diagnostic products (scan tools, analyzers,... etc.) which can be as universal as possible to serve all types of cars (American, Japanese, European, Korean,... etc.)with good updating of any related software.
    3. Reliable suppliers of auto sensors for all types of cars (either OEM or replacement parts).
    I know...lots of questions!!!! Many thanks for any positive response :)
  • 46. Raunak srivastava said on 9/26/2010 2:10:54 AM
    i am an automobile engineer, I have 12 yrs experienced in Heavy commercial vehicle from engineer to manager. all the 12 yrs I spend out side the Bihar. As I belongs to bihar, i want to start automobile related business at hajipur ( BIHAR). I can invest rs.5 to 8 lac. please guide me properly. Thanks.
  • 47. Godswill said on 10/12/2010 5:03:47 PM
    I am a student, who would graduate next year. I would like to go into business by opening a big automobile repair shop. but I dont have the capital to start the business, and this Business will really strive in my country. Plz i need some assistance on how to go about it. If I can come up with a capital, the rest wont be a problem bcos in my country its what they need.
  • 48. Juan Ortega said on 10/17/2010 11:30:50 PM
    Miami, Fl. I am looking to start a body shop in Miami. I have no experience in this business. I am looking for some help to get started. Also, I am looking to hire someone to help run the place and learn from. I would consider a business partner someone with at least 10 years. Please email me your information and I will get back to you to discuss different ideas. I am looking to open around January 2011.
  • 49. D Howard said on 10/26/2010 5:12:03 PM
    Just curious where the money/funds come from to buy shop supplies for an auto body shop. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • 50. ofa tukuafu said on 10/27/2010 10:18:20 AM
    I like to build an autoshop in Tonga Island, I understand that will lot of shipping but it's okay.
  • 51. shyam panchal said on 1/4/2011 5:48:57 AM
    i am living in ahmedabad, gujarat india. i have work in automobile industry for 3 years and i ve found there is huge market in gujarat for auto bodyshop and accessories, like skirts,gouges,alloy wheels, spinners, sports accessories etc. how could i start car body shop and accessories shop here, what capital i needed for it, which types of equipments i needed for it. from where could i get it? i will send which models are running here on email id. please send me all informations needed on shyam.panchal0806@gmail.com as soon as possible thank you....
  • 52. george fraser said on 1/11/2011 7:35:37 PM
    i want to start my own body shop i have 30 yrs exp from uk and need to know if anyone knows where i might get funding ie banks etc i currently live in florida and feel that i could make a lot of money if i had the correct financial backing as i am a very capable autobody repairer and can do the job from start to finish estimating to spraying and buffing etc many thanks for any positive info u may offer regards .email me at g.frasernyc@gmail.com
  • 53. casey said on 1/23/2011 11:46:10 AM
    I started a shop one year ago. It has stayed steady with work the whole year but would like to grow and get in with insurance more. I'm wondering how to do that and what other add ons to my business would help it grow
  • 54. Faisal said on 1/23/2011 4:34:34 PM
    Las Vegas, NV, USA. I have a body shop located in a busy area of las Vegas, NV. I have spray booth, frame machine and all the necessary equipment. How can I get a job from insurance or any lawyer? Please advise to faisal_t_2000@hotmail.com. I am also planning to start an automotive repair shop in Medan, North Sumatera, Indonesia. Anybody mind to tell me how to start? Thanks. Faisal_t_2000@hotmail.com
  • 55. Ken said on 1/26/2011 1:10:39 PM
    4000sf TURN KEY Auto Body Shop for Lease. 1608 Route 206 Tabernacle, NJ 08088 609 268-3104
  • 56. THOMA S OCONNER said on 2/9/2011 7:21:56 PM
    I JUST MOVED FROM BATON ROUGE LOUISIANA TO CHICAGO IL AND WISH TO STARTED A BODY SHOP IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS I COULD USE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET ON HOW TO GET IT STARTED I HAVE TEN YEAR,S IN THE AUTOBODY SHOP BUSINESS. I HAVE A CERTIFICATION IN AUTO BODY SHOP TECHNOLOGY FROM LOUISIANA TECHNICAL COLLEGE AND HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR MYSELF FOR THE PASS FOUR YEARS BUT I AM TRY TO GET ALL THE INFORMATION I CAN PLEASE HELP THANKS YOU
  • 57. kal said on 2/17/2011 11:37:31 PM
    Hi, I would like to open a auto body shop in future please advice me how to plan to start this business. how can i get the equipments what kind a equipment do i need. Thanks in advanced
  • 58. Matt Sewell said on 2/18/2011 9:18:54 AM
    I'm setting up a car body shop in Chatham Kent. Can anyone advise me on a website giving advice on how to set one up and the best place to buy equipment such as lighting etc. etc. thank you matt.
  • 59. adeloye brian cecil jones said on 2/19/2011 3:55:07 PM
    I am a sierra leonean and live in sierra leone and want to start my own car wash business and I am trying to raise the capital and I want to know from you what it will cost me to buy the different things to wash the body and engine of cars and jeeps and how long will it take to get to me in sierra leone. Please send me all the kind of things like wax, shampoo and if you can call me on +232-77-499471
  • 60. ganrsh rupnar said on 2/25/2011 2:36:09 AM
    I have a two wheeler sub dealership for my city in very good location i just want to add-up another business which can be run with my old one. please give some idea of the related business parli-vaijnath, beed, maharashtra
  • 61. Mogane Kholofelo said on 3/2/2011 8:28:38 AM
    Hi, can you please supply more info on the financial management of the auto body shop and scrap yard.
  • 62. S.Krishnakumar, said on 3/10/2011 12:32:48 AM
    I am located out of Cochin, India. Interested in starting a auto body shop chain in India. Our company has been in the industry since 1966. We are exclusive brand dealers of premium brand cars and 2 wheelers for the last 15years. also we still run the workshop. Also anybody overseas who wish to sell their body shop may also get in touch with me....kk.manikandan@gmail.com, call : +919846128448
  • 63. Robin said on 3/12/2011 2:14:15 AM
    hello, I am robin , now I am in charge of international business in a factory, a leading factory in China, i know auto parts will give us so much potential profits. it' s a good section, we specialized in universal joints and transmission shaft and bearing with exquisite technique and skilled operator , we can provide to you high quality u-joints at competitive price. maybe you have interested in our products, if it is , please let me know. thanks email: robinmeng2010@hotmail.com
  • 64. sriram said on 3/21/2011 8:56:11 PM
    hi, i have done b.tech mechanical engineering in hyderabad. want to start a small bike servicing centre. i want to know how much to invest for tools and equipment and minimum stock of spares. any legal registration and certifications. Its a developing town with ~200 bikes. Its like dealing with all companies. plz help me. Thank you. like to help me? Mail me at mynenisriram@gmail.com
  • 65. Sahil said on 3/28/2011 9:05:21 AM
    Hello, I want to start with an alloy wheel manufacturing industry in haryana, INDIA. I would like to know what is the capital required and if there is a good market for this product in and around. Also i would be grateful if you can give me all other necessary details... Thanx...
  • 66. shital said on 5/5/2011 8:31:12 AM
    Hi! I am DAE, i have a 7 yrs exp. in automobile service sector. now i want to start my own business in wheel alinement/balancing and related services. so plz help me out how start my business. how much capital required for this. availability of good machinery in low cost,good service after sale, my location is maharastra in nasik.
  • 67. Sanjayanandanayk said on 5/22/2011 1:51:49 AM
    balasore , orissa, india. i want to open new auto body shop. who are the companies are assist me . what are procedure to follow
  • 68. subryan perumal said on 6/23/2011 12:40:55 PM
    I am a collision tec , with 30 years of exp. I am looking for an overseas investor who is looking for someone to set up and manage a collision repair shop overseas. I am a good teacher and a very positive outlook.
  • 69. george said on 6/28/2011 1:27:33 AM
    mtl laval working on a deal now picking up a bodyshop located on 1994 michelin in laval like david said u wont get rich but u gotta love it and thats right hassle with insurance give quality and good price they love u everybody loves u but they stay away u know no one wants to get into accidents or bump scratches but shit like this happen all the time to everyone unfortunately but thats why we are there drive safely
  • 70. Sahil said on 6/28/2011 8:33:09 AM
    Hello, Karnataka, India. We are into the automobile business for some time. We were thinking of venturing into the body shop biz. I would really appreciate any tips and suggestions regarding this. Kindly mail me at get2sahil@yahoo.com.sg Thanks, Sahil
  • 71. felix said on 7/4/2011 12:18:54 AM
    hi,my name is felix i have no experience in how to make a body shop company i need someone to help me get started. if you know something about creating a body shop company let me know.
  • 72. Karyn said on 7/22/2011 10:05:51 AM
    I am managing a body shop in miami, need to be put up to speed on all the requirements, epa, permits, hazardous, etc..... Help please. Thanks, Karyn My e-mail is: karyn858@hotmail.com
  • 73. Ellsworth said on 7/25/2011 12:33:45 PM
    We are a body shop in the City of Walnut California, 10 years here and things have slowed down a lot. What other ways are there of getting more clients at this time when people really don't want to spend that much?
  • 74. Mohammed siya said on 8/4/2011 10:45:36 AM
    Am a dealer of asian paints decorative and i want to start a new automotive paint shop and i don't know the paint mixing of automotive paints give me information about this .....
  • 75. Lacour said on 8/9/2011 2:36:59 PM
    Baton Rouge, La. I have a auto body and paint shop. I need help on getting customer. Our website 7nate77@youtube.com other shop around getting business. I need help we just moved here.
  • 76. Devanshu_shekhar said on 8/31/2011 4:29:30 AM
    Dear, sir i want open own workshop in patna . I am very much interested in automobile field.Now i am student of diploma(mechanical) final year.Give any idea for it.I have no business experience. Exp: City - patna, State- bihar, Country-INDIA
  • 77. Anu uday kumar said on 9/1/2011 1:27:03 AM
    i am a B.com graduate with no experience in automobiles, but am very much interested in owning a Custom bike workshop, doing modification works on bikes. i want to start my own workshop. but i dont have any idea about the legal procedures and formalities, and the tools required. somebody please help me out.
  • 78. DANIEL said on 9/3/2011 9:55:32 AM
    HI MY NAME IS RICARDO I'M FROM BRAZIL,I'VE BEEN WORKING IN AUTO BODY COLLISION FOR YEARS ,I KNOW VERY WELL ABOUT CAR REPAIR,I CAN DO ANYTHING, START TO FINISH ,I'M IN BOSTON ,I WISH TO OPEN UP AN AUTO BODY ,BUT ITS NEVER EASY FOR START, IF ANYBODY NEEDS AN PARTNER TO START THIS KIND BUSINESS ,I CAN BE YOUR RIGHT HAND,I DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY BUT ,YES I HAVE A LOT EXPERIENCE,AND GOOD PEOPLE TO HIRE.THANKS AND GOD BLESS ALL. RICARDO FROM BOSTON ,EMAIL ME AT AMERICADONORTE@HOTMAIL.COM
  • 79. Phil said on 9/8/2011 1:22:22 PM
    Hi I would like to start an auto collision business SA, I have no experience and I would like to know the following. Which organizations do I have to register with in order to be recognized by the insurance companies? Which equipment will be required and the estimated cost? What size of the workshop is required? Where can I get experience people? Anything that I need to know about the business
  • 80. isaac guillen said on 10/3/2011 9:51:32 AM
    hi i have a place big enough to put up a body shop n i have the tools but my experience is limited, i know a friend who is an expert at body work but doesn't have a place to work at, so I've been thinking about investing with him, i put place and tools and my help and he puts his experience, any good tips?? please let me know.. I live in oklahoma city oklahoma
  • 81. Chintan Reddy said on 10/16/2011 3:47:31 AM
    I want to open 2-wheeler service center in Thane to Kalyan Region. I want to give all services to 2-wheeler customer at one door. please let me know the preferred location, formalities which i need to do and also the steps which i need to take care. anything more than this would be appreciated.
  • 82. Mihir said on 10/19/2011 5:07:29 AM
    I want to start a new business of CAR GARAGE and Body shop. I have a good space. I want to know other general information for starting a new GARAGE business in Gujarat. How to get tools and which are the other relevant services I can provide to the customers? How to do marketing and getting experience staff? Please do the needful.
  • 83. chantal said on 10/19/2011 11:57:22 AM
    I'm planing to open a auto spare shop in Namibia, Walvis bay, Kuisebmond. so i would like to known which best wholesaler to buy my spares and accessories, how i should set it up and tell me about all the spare parts that i would need for a small start up auto shop and about how much i should have for the stock only. please advise, thank you.
  • 84. lex said on 11/12/2011 4:58:02 PM
    am in nigeria i want start an auto body shop,will like to get the boot etc will want to know how and steps to take,will want to know the cost of the equipment needed,email me on ononso@yahoo.com
  • 85. Scott said on 11/14/2011 11:49:04 PM
    I am in Dallas, TX and am looking to open or takeover a shop for auto body, do I need to rent in an industrial zoned neighborhood if I have a paint booth. Please help.
  • 86. Hemant said on 11/17/2011 12:52:49 PM
    Hi!! i am from India, Maharashtra State. i am Doing Automobile Engg. i want to start a business regarding my field, by the end of my studies. please help me, how much capital i would have to invest?, how to get equipments?, how much area?, which location should i prefer? etc. Please help.
  • 87. Abraham said on 11/22/2011 4:54:44 PM
    Hi am from Canada Mississauga Ontario. I have worked at a few shops as an apprentice. I would like to know how start a autobody business and i'm required to have a autobody license in canada to open a shop?
  • 88. Edith saumet said on 11/26/2011 11:06:10 AM
    we are opening an auto body shop, when we buy parts from an auto parts shop, we get charge taxes for the purchase of those parts, my question do we charge taxes to the owner of the car that we are fixing? what kind of tax we charge?
  • 89. Donovan said on 12/1/2011 10:30:43 PM
    Hi i want to put up my own business and i would like to know what would the price be for all the equipment and tools just to start off including (place) for answers please contact me.
  • 90. precision auto collision said on 12/7/2011 9:15:40 PM
    everyone is asking how much capital it takes,what equipment u need,how much money will i make,will you give me lots of money to set up a bodyshop??? no1 will send you money to your country,earn the money yourself and do the research yourself! i live in england, uk. if you can do body repair,then you should know roughly how much materials you use on each piece,so price it from that! work out material cost, then how many hours it will take,then how much profit u want,depending on overheads. i can refurbish a full set of 4 alloy wheels for approx £20, and thats including using customer specific paint, high quality materials, spray booth, compressor, guns etc. i will charge a lot more than £20 though! majority of time the wheels aren't badly badly damaged so only small amount of work, paint and primer is needed, so less cost! my overheads are very cheap, i have worked hard to find best materials at cheapest price, i buy in bulk to keep cost down, i do my jobs very quickly to keep customers happy, quality is the most important thing, dont send out any shit people! if you have no bodyshop experience then stay well away from this game,your employees will rip you off! do not invest in anyone apart from yourself, and most of all DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY BODYWORK IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOIN! YOU WILL RUIN IT AND COST YOURSELF A LOT OF MONEY!!! i hope this helps :-)
  • 91. R LaCour said on 12/9/2011 5:00:43 PM
    Baton Rouge, LA I currently have been in business for 8 years finally in a building. I would like to know how you get the insurance company to send you business. what type of letter do I send or what must I do to let the insurance company know we are available to take their business.
  • 92. marc said on 12/9/2011 5:14:01 PM
    I'm a Spray booth contractor from california. I manufacture industrial spray booths here in Los Angeles CA USA. please email your questions m_anthony30@hotmail.com
  • 93. THOMAS AUTO BODY REPAIR said on 12/26/2011 7:05:09 PM
    i have a body shop for 6 years and i would like to know how to make more profit cause i always break even and always changing worker but have a lot of customers
  • 94. Robert Ponce said on 12/30/2011 11:47:09 AM
    Fully equipped Body shop in Miami Florida, For rent or Sale. It has a paint booth, paint matching computer, two huge compressors, 5000 sq ft. Second floor office and parts room. Call for more information. Robert 305-432-4659
  • 95. Jose garcia said on 1/3/2012 1:21:48 PM
    I have a partner with full experience on auto collision. I would like to invest with him. Need to know what permits or license I need, how to work with insurances, all steps towards getting started.
  • 96. Joe said on 1/7/2012 10:41:21 PM
    i'm a new body shop owner. and it is easy to open a shop in your town if the location is zoned for that type of work. go to your local town hall and apply.. and as for ins. work make sure u have a legit body shop, and permits and license, i called up the insurance comp. and offered my services. and know have 3 agencies that work with me and i have been in business for 4 months... but have been doing body work for 19 years so i have a good clientele...
  • 97. Jess said on 1/9/2012 9:16:08 PM
    My husband and his business partner open small auto shop in Reno...its been 4 months and kind of pickin up...I invested a lot of money but i never see any proof of receipts or what so ever...the business license and everything else is under my name and his business partner except the business account...i just wanna know how much it will cost to open a small auto shop?
  • 98. DURGESH said on 1/12/2012 6:44:07 AM
    I WANT TO OPEN AN AUTOMOBILE BODY SHOP. WHAT CAPITAL NEEDED TO OPEN . PLEASE HELP ME
  • 99. chand said on 1/14/2012 1:53:13 AM
    I Want To Start Business TWO WHEELER SUB DEALER , give me suggestions and can i get profits in this business or not, answers me
  • 100. Jose said on 1/24/2012 11:19:51 PM
    Hello stay in maywood ca and would like to start my body shop business what are permit or license that I would need and the cost please help thank you
  • 101. Face said on 1/25/2012 5:21:50 AM
    Decatur, ga need to lease a package deal for a collision repair shop for domestic and foreign cars 18 to 24 feet frame machines with accessories, 2 lifts (2 post is Fine) paint booth with ventalior stack (all parts included} dentless puller system ,estimation program,compressor for shop & paint booth . has done payment(lease wanted with no early buy out close .good used equipment ok. no spam please .Owners choice south collision domestic & foreign
  • 102. MFACTOR said on 2/13/2012 2:09:54 AM
    Sir, I Want to open TWO wheeler service center. What total investment needed and how i proceed to start up. Also auto car decoration is profitable field
  • 103. jeanne lownsberry said on 3/3/2012 8:10:09 PM
    hi, just wondering the approximate costs that one would have to invest in becoming an autobody technician and the investment needed if one wanted to open his own business. thanks jeanne. cheboygan, MI USA
  • 104. Robert said on 3/5/2012 5:42:40 PM
    Hows it going i live in northern NJ been in the Autobody business for over 12 years and would like to start one or take one over depending. Wondering if u have any ideas or websites on how i go about doing so Thanx.
  • 105. cory beginner adviser said on 3/15/2012 5:15:47 PM
    i've been doing body work for about 7 years and i am trying to start my own shop as well as most of you on here. All you really need to get insurance work is a tax id number and a shop. EPA is a little different they need to inspect your shop there are many things they check on such as your paint booth, your logs on the paint you have used, and many other the regulations are simple and don't be scared of them they are basically telling you not to throw your paint out the back door in the grass. they do not want to fine you or shut you down you get all the info you need and go from there and when they come they will tell you what you need to know there are also universities that have programs to inspect your shop before the EPA comes and they will let you know. as for insurance work you can't get in their pockets you can be a preferred shop and they will pay you less and tell people to go to you but they legally cant steer their customers where to go if you have any questions about cost there is a lot of equipment to buy and remember you don't always need new look on ebay craigs list etc. for used equipment if you are just getting started no sense in spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on new if you don't know if your going to make it
  • 106. JACQUI said on 4/30/2012 12:42:51 PM
    115 NORTH MIDLAND AVE SADDLE BROOK NJ, 07663. I NEED HELP FINDING AN ESTIMATING SOFTWARE FOR THE SHOP SINCE WE ARE RECENTLY STARTING I NEED SOMETHING THAT CAN FIT MY NEEDS AND AT THE SAME TIME SOMETHING THAT WE CAN AFFORD. THANK YOU
  • 107. JOE P. said on 5/1/2012 5:22:51 PM
    4535 SPRING TEXAS 77388 BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 11 YEARS. BIGGER SHOPS ARE MOVING IN AND HAVE ALL OF THE DRPS. HOPING TO GET A DRP NEEDING SOME DIRECTION.THANK YOU
  • 108. harry said on 5/26/2012 12:06:01 AM
    I have been in industry since 1969 and looking for someone to invest in a bodyshop, gas station, restaurant, convenience store & storage yard. Possible $2,000,000. in sales revenue with great mark up. Settled in the beautiful Shuswap Houseboat capital in Sicamous B.C., Canada. I can purchase this property for less than $500,000. needing assistance with $100,000 for one year at 20% Please call at 403-821-8181
  • 109. ray lopez jr said on 6/11/2012 1:43:28 AM
    clear coat frame and collision Santa Ana ca, well lucky for anyone near me. I will train you free just donate some time near me and pledge to help me also. My father owned newhope body and paint thirty years he died. After being raised in a shop natural for me to start one of my own to make it easy.. listen up start ups!!! I would suggest buying a shop in a already established body shop going out of business.. wait for the right time talk to land lords and get right in after they give up..maybe buy the phone number from them..it would be wise to buy a frame rack and spray booth the two should cost you less than fifteen k you can upgrade later...start a paper advertising send your estimator out to every mechanic local and write a lowball estimate leave a card and visit them every week eventually they will try you out.need more tips email me personally clearcoatautobody@aol.com my names Ray
  • 110. ray lopez jr said on 6/11/2012 1:52:34 AM
    if you need booths or frame machines I can find used ones for about thirty thousand and ship them to you. I do not know how much for shipping yet. but it can be done if you have a port and able to pick up from the dock.. spray booth for about 30 thousand also used..and that is cross draft basic.. I can get down draft and others..call me 714 636-3850
  • 111. ruby said on 6/13/2012 8:35:36 AM
    sir, i want to start a workshop in gurgaon...myself serving from the last 10 years in pune...now, i look for some work in gurgaon...plzz tell me any company name...i have all machine regarding this....
  • 112. john said on 6/25/2012 2:53:14 AM
    I live in Stockton ca and I'm thinking about starting a body shop, there's currently some one already renting the space but he's about to buy another facility, indeed to know if he moves and I rent the space do I still have to pay for all the permits if there all up to date, I'm new to all this and have been doing it for a couple years, if any one can help I appreciate it.
  • 113. David said on 7/3/2012 2:01:10 PM
    I am opening a body shop in Boca raton florida I am in the business over 35 years doing body work and own 9 body shop now I would like a Partner I have all the equipment and want a Partner email me at harley1731@yahoo.com again
  • 114. bhuvanesh said on 7/23/2012 5:23:29 AM
    please guide how to start the service maintenance for the auto garage equipments and body shop equipments
  • 115. R.Sneha Gupta said on 8/13/2012 7:12:33 AM
    Secunderabad, Hyderabad India i have 100 sft shop with me want to set up a business please guide me with some good businesses. Regards, R.Sneha Gupta.
  • 116. ejazz h said on 9/10/2012 12:11:21 AM
    I am in automobile business 25 yrs sales, financing and buying! looking for someone to invest IN body shop repair it also buying cars and trucks from INS companys and reselling to other dealer!!! I am in southern california
  • 117. james thomas said on 9/11/2012 8:59:11 PM
    HELLO, COULD YOU KINDLY LET ME KNOW IF YOU SEND ME THE CREDIT FORM APPLICATION FOR NET 30DAYS , IN BUYING CAR AND TUCK FROM YOUR COMPANY, AND ALSO WHILE I WILL LIKE TO INVEST IN BODY SHOP, LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU ASAP.
  • 118. MILAN said on 9/19/2012 2:20:49 AM
    I WANT TO START CAR DENT REPAIR AND BODY SHOP BUT FIRST I WANT TO TRAIN IN PAINT BODY SHOP .CAN YOU GIVE ME THE RIGHT TRAINING SCHOOL FOR CAR BODY PAINT
  • 119. Myra beginner adviser said on 10/12/2012 9:27:37 AM
    I would like to share what worked with my husbands small engine repair shop. First, the most important thing is that you be an HONEST mechanic. Don't padd the bills with services you didn't perform and don't tell customers they need repairs they don't need. Honesty will earn you more work than you can handle. Expect it to take time to get the word out, 2-3 years is average and that is with low tech advertising as we did. For advertising I made a flyer and the top was not the name of the business but the name of the service SMALL ENGINE REPAIR in his case, in bold print large enough to see from the front row parking. I listed his 27 years of experience, if you don't have a lot but have a partner say X years of combined experience. List what you do, especially what you specialize in, in my husbands case it was rebuilding engines and carburators a skill most of his competitors didn't provide. Here is the real kicker, dont just have tear off scraps with your number, use professional business cards! Apply tape so the paper isn't torn and the flyer can be reused. The 'layer' cards in descending order with little bits of tape to fasten them to the flyer, start with the bottom one and work your way up. Do Not obscure your message! Place these carded flyers on bulletin boards, store fronts or anywhere that gets lots of business. Be sure and ask the business owners permission! Check on your cards often, in my husbands case we have to refill all the cards evry other day during the grass cutting season. Check with competitors on cost, or your supplier may be able to provide an industry charge chart. How much to charge for each job. Be cheaper than anyone else, this will be one of the biggest draws, your just starting out and can get away with it. If any customers question why tell them that and that all you ask is there word-of-mouth advertisement. Shop for suppliers, for the best price on same parts. We never paid for advertisement, if you want to get big fast buy a website and pay the price for search engine optimization (SEO Services). Be careful though, you may wind up with a foreigner who speaks no english handling your account and doing nothing but taking your money. websitedesignbyneo.com is a good company, its small, the prices are a real bargain because it is small, it is an honest up and coming web developer that provide SEO and actually achieve results. This guy actually GETS you to page one on search engines. Our company utilized only free advertising. My husbands reputation for honesty and low prices caused his business to become more than he can handle. The flyers with business cards brought new customers in, by the third year word of mouth referrals brought the majority in. People know when you lie. They look for the hints. Change the oil? Then why is the same filthy oil filter still on there and the oil black? Replace a part? Then why are the bolts just as dusty as they were. Some people check these things! Good luck!
  • 120. RYAN said on 1/12/2013 9:10:40 PM
    Can you point me in the right direction? I've been doing body work since 1995 worked in a few shops and did it as a hobby at home , now i'm looking into opening up a small shop. What do i need to do in illinois ,green county, to be legal , thank you
  • 121. Sajeev said on 1/19/2013 1:22:57 PM
    Dear Sirs, I would like to start a dealer shop for Asian Paints (Asian Products)
    Exact location: Venkitangu Panchayath at Thrissur District in Kerala State..
    I really appreciate if you could please let me know the procedures to start the same. Yours faithfully, Thanking you sajeev
  • 122. Chris said on 2/14/2013 3:31:27 PM
    how much can a spray painting booth cost to bring to zambia and you have one pliz lets talk business coz i never used 1. i do my panel beating and spray painting in a shed and cars comes out good
  • 123. leo castro said on 2/19/2013 1:31:48 AM
    Need a guide on how or where to start my own body shop worked in this industry for about 6 years and my father is a painter icar certified many dad icar platinum certified and I believe we are ready to start but where to start
  • 124. Miguel Lozada said on 4/15/2013 10:41:36 PM
    Hi I recently opened a body shop I have many little jobs to sustain myself and workers. I actually fix the overflow for local Mercedes Benz dealership and they are thrilled about my quality work. As I said I have little jobs from other used cars dealerships but in reality I would like to obtain more insurance jobs. I contacted the local claim association but I had no response. Please guide me to get more insurance claims and where to go to. I am located in El Paso Texas zip code is 79935
  • 125. Terry said on 5/13/2013 5:16:03 PM
    I can help you manage your body shop in the Port Orange, Daytona Beach area. Please contact me with your needs.
  • 126. tashiwangmo said on 5/28/2013 12:00:53 AM
    I am writing to the city Mayor requesting him to grant permission to set up an automobile workshop in the suburbian area of my city. Please help me design a letter of request. Thank you so much.
  • 127. John said on 6/18/2013 1:58:18 AM
    I need a business plan to set up your body shop in Lagos/Abuja Nigeria. Call +2348022954900 for guide-lines
  • 128. aravind said on 6/30/2013 1:43:36 AM
    hai i am aravind n i want to open a custom car shop where i can modify the given cars according to cost n i want to know the requirements for it like cost, place, machines and documents etc i want open the shop in hyderabad, andhra pradesh, india.
  • 129. Abraão Muzaza Tchindele said on 6/30/2013 1:13:26 PM
    I am planning to start an auto parts shop, repairs etc with some experienced mechanics technicians whom I have just recently met and they have had some 5+ years working for smoggy but they have parted. I am worried working with them maybe they can separate with me again and I will not have clients after this. I need your help because I dont have auto mechanics experience but I have sales mgmt. experience.
  • 130. Abraão Muzaza Tchindele said on 6/30/2013 1:15:40 PM
    Luanda, Angola. is my location and the business will be at a corner of two streets. Visibility is not a problem
  • 131. Ms. A said on 9/6/2013 9:57:56 PM
    I'm interested in expanding my Autobody Shop(Collision, Paint, custom Cars, High Performance, etc.) I'm located in Cleveland, Ohio and looking for hopefully building that I can lease/land contract or buy that has already been zoned for this type of business. How do I go about making my expansion? Any leads or advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • 132. neal said on 10/17/2013 11:50:01 AM
    i currently have a 19,000 sf body shop in west alabama. started business in jan. of 2000 & still in operation. it is equipped with 2 full down draft paint booths w/bake, & mixing room, 4 2post lifts, chief frame rack, pro spot welder, tire machi ne & wheel balancer. sitting on 1.7 acres fully paved parking lot w/loading dock.looking to slow down..i want to keep the tow truck business ...if interested contact me
  • 133. Miss Tawa said on 11/4/2013 5:16:25 PM
    I am quite interested in car modifications and would like to start an auto body shop. I am located in New Zealand and there is a small but strong market looking for services like this. I can handle the business side - but I need someone to help this idea "get off the ground." So please contact me if you are looking to venture into an auto body business with me. :) Email: maiohakelseytawa@gmail.com Location: Tauranga, New Zealand
  • 134. harold obanion said on 11/21/2013 1:45:06 AM
    Would like to open a body shop and auto mechanic shop. I live in ky and need help on the legal end, have a building to lease which was a previous shop but old owner is getting a divorce.
  • 135. Sanjay Kumar said on 11/22/2013 10:22:06 PM
    Actually, I have made a car exterior model. But, all company no interest in my design. So, I want to make self of our model. So, please help me.
  • 136. moe said on 5/17/2015 5:23:48 PM
  • 137. Justin said on 6/2/2015 8:56:19 AM
    I need a list of tools and a good connection in Kern county California area
  • 138. Johnny Duwop said on 7/29/2015 5:01:59 PM
    Starting a bodyshop is not as easy as you are probably imagining it to be. I have been painting for years. Being a good tech and running a business are very different. Just because you have all the skills does not mean you can effectively run a shop. Get back to work.
  • 139. Helen said on 9/7/2015 11:00:47 PM
    To start a body shop, you cannot ignore the supplier of paint. We henghui coating manufacture since 1999 . please contact helen
  • 140. Satish said on 12/24/2015 12:07:58 AM
    I want to start an automobile repair workshop in Hyderabad (India). Looking for company or individual to cooperate and collaborate along with me to start this new venture. Please send your interest to discuss further satish.code4u@gmail.com