US Online Holiday Spending Gains Anew, Up by Three Percent
US online holiday spending gains anew as online retailers posted a three percent increase in sales a week after Cyber Monday.
But despite the boom during the start of the holiday season, online retail sales have slowed down following massive discount offers by retailers.
A new data from analytic firm ComScore Inc showed on Tuesday that the online holiday spending in the US has increased by around three percent this season but online shopping itself has slowed down over the weekend following massive discount offers by retailers during the end of Cyber Monday.
Based on ComScore data, the first 36 days of the holiday season (November to December) has been very good for most of the online retailers with sales reaching nearly $16 billion dollars or more than three percent increase from last year’s figures.
ComScore also said that online holiday spending has spiked up by around three percent or $4.6 billion in the week ending December 6. It will be recalled that sales on Cyber Monday, the day after Thanksgiving, has started with a boom rising to more than five percent or $887 million in the first day. However, as the week progressed, online retail sales ended in a sour-note posting negative results.
“Despite the recent slow down in the online retail sales over the weekend, we are expecting heavy spending for the current week. The current week will be the crucial point on how the entire season will perform,” ComScore Chairman Gian Fulgoni said.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Business News
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides