Strong Week Ahead for US Retailers despite Storm
Strong week ahead for US retailers despite severe storm on Super Saturday, a market research analyst firm said on Monday.
The group said that merchants in other parts of the US are making significant sales increase in the last stretch before Christmas as buyers do their last-minute shopping.
Despite severe snowstorms in the United States’ East Coast on “Super Saturday,’ retailers are now looking into a stronger turnout in the last week before Christmas Day as consumer traffic in online retail stores and shops across the country spiked up.
It will be recalled that snowstorms last weekend had forced closures of major establishments and mall in the East Coast, threatening the retail sales output of the whole country into jeopardy.
Super Saturday is considered as the busiest shopping day of the year.
Also, online retailers based in the East Coast still managed to make significant increase in their sales in the last stretch this holiday season as more consumers resort to the websites to buy the items included in their shopping lists.
“Consumers will still go to stores to make their last-minute shopping. So, all is not lost,” Market Researcher NPD Group chief retail industry analyst Marshal Cohen said.Based on previous data, the last Saturday before Christmas Day usually accounts to more than $15 billion in sales.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Business News
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides