Starting Brakes Repair Shop
Brake check is one of the routine things car owners do to prevent accidents related to faulty brakes. If you have the knowledge in auto repair, a brake repair shop is a business you can start. Are you wondering what you need to do and have in order to start one?
Read from our guide and you will learn some basic steps to take.
Checking on the brakes is one of the most, if not the most important, routine that a car owner could do for himself and his car. Faulty brake is a cause of many vehicular accidents. Vehicle drivers are advised to have their brakes checked and repaired once they notice something is amiss in their braking system, like a squealing or grinding sound for example. Brake maintenance and repair therefore is a service that is one of the most frequently availed of by vehicle owners. If you are thinking of a business in line with brake repair, here are some things that you should consider before starting one.
- Technical know-how on auto repair. You should know how to repair vehicles from experience or from having enrolled on an auto repair program. Experience working in auto repair shops is a must. To boost your credential, get a certificate from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Good location. You must have a shop (owned or rented) to receive vehicles and repair them. A good location is somewhere where many vehicles pass by and where they can pull up and have their brakes done, pads changed, fluid flushed, rotors turned. But this is not all, the location should be far from competitors, particularly full auto repair shops. Auto repair shops offer full service, meaning they also do brakes. If you want to specialize in brake repair, be sure to offer something that sets you apart.
- Brake repair equipment like brake lathe, pliers, callipers, and compressors. Bank on these assets as they will help you offer quality service that customers would want to go back for
- Professional fees. Fees vary by location, research for the existing price within your area. Starting up is tedious as there are many things to take care of. You’d have to secure the necessary business license, get a lease, set up the physical needs of the shop, buy equipment and advertise. You can accomplish most of these tasks for some days or weeks, but advertising is one that should be ongoing. Word-of-mouth is the best kind of advertising in this line of business. So make sure you are offering quality service to customers. As much as possible, don’t give customers a chance to lodge a complaint against you. A good customer relation is one asset you should build because brake service is not a one-time deal – people will routinely need a brake technician to see their brake problems.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business?
- How to Start a Hardware Store?