Starting a Swimming Pool Supply Store
Know what kind of swimming supply stores there are and get an idea which one is the best type for your location, whether you are in a city with a lot of real estate projects going on, or in a small city neighborhood.
Learn the basics about starting a swimming pool supply store from our guide.
When one mentions a swimming pool supply store, he could mean a lot of things. He could be talking about:
- a store that sells basic fixtures for a swimming pool
- a general store that sells the most basic merchandise for maintaining a swimming pool and for pool bathing
- a store that specializes in a particular need of swimming pool owners such as furniture, maintenance, safety, and monitoring
What It Takes to Start a Swimming Pool Supply Store
The construction and maintenance of swimming pools are work for someone with expertise in the matter. And so, if you want to start a swimming pool supply store, you’d need more knowledge than just wholesaling and retailing. For maintenance alone, you’d need to know at least the basic about some of the decisions pool owners have to make regarding how to keep their swimming pools in good condition, such as what proper chemical, filter or pump to use. It would be best if you have a background in swimming pool maintenance and construction before starting this business.
Swimming Pool Supply Store Ideas
Here are some types of swimming supply stores that one can start:
- A store that sells basic fixtures needed for a swimming pool such as pumps, liners, and heaters. Ideal if you live in a large city with a lot of residential and recreational developments going on. This is a high startup cost business.
- A one-stop store that sells the most basic merchandise for maintaining a swimming pool and for pool bathing. Ideal as a neighborhood store in a small city. You will cater to the general and immediate needs of private swimming pool owners. You can add small bathing accessories that buyers can add when stopping by to buy some items they need.
- a store that specializes in a particular need of swimming pool owners such as:
- furniture: ladder, slides, diving board, stand
- maintenance: filters, cleaners, chemicals, cover, chlorinator, paint
- safety: alarm
- monitoring: test strip reader
The key to operating a specialized store is to offer products in a wide variety of designs, colors and sizes. People who go to your store know what they need before entering your shop. They’d be encouraged to go there if they know they can find a wide selection for the items they need.
These are just a few ideas about starting a swimming pool supply store. Technically, you have to think about entering into contracts with manufacturers, renting a space, getting a Web site if you want to go online, and complying with the legal requirements to open a business.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business?
- How to Start a Hardware Store?