Starting a Reputation Management Service
You probably have heard about how important reputation management is especially with today’s Internet age, with its Web 2.0 phenomenon focusing on social networking, and you wish to take advantage of the opportunity.
However, you have no idea how to go about starting your desired business. Fortunately, you will find a good business guide for starting a reputation management service in this article.
A reputation management service is an in-demand business that is being sought after even by the biggest companies in all markets. This is because, with the arrival of the Internet, even the best companies in the market face graver threats to their reputation than before. One disparaging comment from a blogger on a website can actually cause a chain reaction of events that can prove to be damaging to the company.
With that said, you now know how lucrative the reputation management service is as a business. You can earn quite big sums especially if you could get the big game firms to enlist your services. So how does one set up a reputation management service?
Online Reputation Monitoring Tools
Reputation management requires you to have tools that your company would need in order to take care and manage the reputation of your clients, as well as your own. These tools include:
- Keyword-based custom RSS feeds. This feeds will give you links to websites that contain keywords that are related to your client, so you can monitor them for disparaging comments.
- Email alerts, preferably from Google and Yahoo, which will alert you each time people are talking and discussing about your clients in different websites. Each client should be covered by separate email alerts.
- Accounts in user groups, message boards, and forums. These websites offer a venue for a discontented customer to vent out negative comments about your clients or even your own company. Your competitors may also try to take advantage of these websites to make negative comments about you.
- You may also be required to maintain a blog in which you have to regularly fill with content. The focus of this content is to build up your clients’ reputation by discussing their services.
Before you can get clients, you would need to puff yourself up in the search engine results in order to get their attention. To do this, you would need a website that is already optimized for search engine results. This means that your website should have good keyword density – without sacrificing relevance of the content – and should have a good link base from reputable websites within your industry.
Like all ventures, you would also need a good marketing campaign to promote your business. Competition is very stiff in any industry these days, much stiffer than before, because of the ease in which a person can just establish a business in the Internet.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business
- How to Start a Hardware Store