Starting a Fly Shop
Are you an avid fly angler? Do you live near where fly fishing is popular? Is there a niche market that you can serve? A business selling fly fishing equipment and accessories could be waiting for you. Find out some basic factors you need to consider for staring this business.
Flies and their imitations are used in a method of fishing called fly fishing. Fly fishing is an interest that has captured a considerable following.
They may not be many in number, but they are usually avid hobbyists. To serve the needs for angling equipment and accessories of this group of people, there are stores that sell fly fishing equipment and gears. Do you want to start this kind of business? Are you in a place where fly fishing is popular? Are you near a body of water where trouts and salmons are abound? If yes, it is one business you can start.
Finding a Niche for a Fly Store
In the rare chance that your store is the first in the area, you are one very, very lucky guy. But if there have been others ahead of you, which is most likely, you have a chance of surviving competition against them that have already gained footing, if you can find an area where you can excel. Define your market. What type of people will you be serving? Perhaps some mid- to high-end customers are often looking and not finding items from existing stores. You can specialize on serving that part of the market.
Finding a Supplier for a Fly Store
Another question that you should be asking is, do you know angling equipment and accessory manufacturers, suppliers, or distributors where you can get inventory for a price you can sell for profit? Make an extensive research about this aspect when planning to start this business. Ask other fly fishermen and fly store owners (those who will not be your direct competitors). Search the internet for wholesalers. Compare prices. But don’t rely on prices alone when choosing where to source your inventory. Look also at the proximity of the company. Will it be able to deliver the product the soonest time possible?
But wait, while you may have a market and a supplier, they are not all you need to be successful in such business. To be effective in the business, you have to be knowledgeable about fly fishing yourself. Fly fishing is a special interest. It takes time to know and be skilled in the “art.” It follows therefore, that if you want to start a business serving fly anglers or aspiring ones, you’d have to know fly fishing yourself. You’d need that knowledge to help your customers get the right equipment for their needs. And one of the best aspects of fly fishing is talking about the experience. You should be able to relate to your customers if you want to connect with them and encourage them to keep coming back to your store.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business
- How to Start a Hardware Store