McDonald’s Spends $258,000 for Lobbying in Q4
McDonald’s Corp, the largest US fast food chain, has spent more than $256,000 for lobbying in the second quarter regarding issues related to restaurant tax law, food safety and nutrition, and immigration law.
US restaurant giant McDonald’s Corp. has spent more than $256,000 during the second quarter to lobby the issues on food safety and nutrition, according to the company’s disclosure report filed before the House Clerk’s Office.
The lobbying expenses were smaller compared to the first quarter when the restaurant giant has spent more than $420 but three times higher than the same period last year.
While most of the budget went to the food safety issues and obesity problem, McDonald’s has focused on lobbying to the federal government issues related to Wall Street report, energy, restaurant tax law, and immigration law.
According to reports, the burger restaurant lobbied the White House, US Food and Drug Administration, and both chambers of Congress.
Meanwhile, the fast food chain posted a 7 percent global sales growth in July, higher than last year during the same month when the company has experienced a 4.2 percent growth.
McDonald’s attributed the strong global sales to the increase of beverage sales especially in the international markets including Asia, Africa, and Middle East, and then followed by the US and Europe.
The restaurant has experienced massive sales growth in China, Australia, and Japan despite the recent recall of its “Shrek” tumblers which contained banned plastic chemical.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Business News
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides