How to Start Harley Davidson Retail Store Business
Are big and fast bikes your passion, especially Harley Davidson’s? Do you love the idea of someday owning your own Harley Davidson retail store biz? Wait no further and start realizing your dream today.
The following article will give you basic information with this type of business, using this simple manual for starting up your own Harley Davidson retail store.
A Manual for Riding Your Way to Success
Harley Davidson is a world-renown manufacturer of superior motorcycles, with dealership network, which can be found not only in North America, but also in Europe and Asia. Today, Harley Davidson is one of the most trusted names when it comes to motorcycle and motorcycle parts.
If you’re a motorcycle enthusiast and wants to start your own business, then a Harley Davidson retail store business is the way to go. To set up this business, you need a solid business plan, sufficient capital and knowledge on the important information of the motorcycle retail business.
Devise a Harley Davidson Retail Store Business Plan
Every business venture should start with a plan. Like any retail store business , this plan should include the place, the amount of capital and the type of merchandise you wish to sell.
The first thing to do is to determine the startup cost for the Harley Davidson retail store biz. The cost should include the motorcycle hard parts, including the wheel part, engine parts, transmission parts and others, which costs around $30,000. A large chunk of the capital, of course, should go to the motorcycles. A part of the capital should also go with the maintenance kit items, so that your store will be a one-stop shop for your Harley Davidson retail store clients.
Another factor that should be included in the capital allotment is where to start the Harley Davidson retail store. The store should be large enough to hold the motorcycles in display, including the accessories you intend to sell, plus the accessibility to potential clients.
Lastly, determine the Harley Davidson retail store competitors in the area you chose. In this way, you can devise ideas that will add competitive edge to your business.
Staff Hiring and Licensing
Probably one of the most important factors in this business is the type of staff that will man your store. Employ staffs that are diligent, courteous and more importantly, those who are knowledgeable with motorcycles.
The next thing to consider is the business permit and proper certification needed for your establishment. It is advisable to secure the requirements for a Harley Davidson retail store license from the appropriate licensing agency in the area.
Improve Your Knowledge in the Trade
Consult with reliable reading materials to improve your knowledge on the trade such as Hot Bikes magazine, Thunder Press newspaper, and the Motorcycle Dealer News Annual Buyers Guide. It will also be useful to get catalogs from other dealers and manufacturers.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Tips on Jewelry Store Liquidation
- How to Open an Auto Parts and Accessories Store?
- Starting a Wine and Spirits Store
- How to Run a Retail Store
- How to Start a School Uniform Store
- How to Start a Baby Retail Store
- How to Start Battery Retail Store
- Start a Diamond Import Export Business
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Starting a Retail Business