How to Start a Glass Bottle Manufacturing Business
Glass bottles are indispensable items in this modern life. At the business point of view, always, somewhere, there will always be another manufacturing facility that will need glass bottles as containers for beverages or medicine.
Want to go into the business of making glass bottles? Find out the basics from our guide.
Starting a glass bottle manufacturing business is a major undertaking. Case in point, acquiring just a new machine for an existing plant can take more than a year and cost millions! What more to start from nothing.
First, you need a well-researched feasibility study to find out whether the project is viable. The study will specify, among others:
- A proposed location. This should be near both the target market and the source of raw materials in order to lessen the transportation expenses.
- Sources of continuous supply of raw materials. In addition to raw materials, which are sand, soda ash and limestone, a glass bottle manufacturing plant will need a lot of coolant in the form of water.
- The status of the existing industry (including supply and demand analysis),
- Plant layout, possible customers, process flow, waste treatment system, machine requirements, cost estimates, energy and materials balance, staff requirements, general plant schedule, and financial analysis.
The planning alone will need several professionals working to put together all these information.
The next task is hunting for investors to finance the project. This is where a strong business plan will count a lot. A business plan will show every aspect of the project to people who will be risking millions of money in order to support the project that won’t be profitable until many years after. How to find an investor is one and highly specific topic by itself.
Once the money is secured, the next step is to start construction of a plant with the usual facilities for a glass bottle manufacturer: the batch house for handling raw materials, the hot end for melting and forming the glass and the cold end for treating the produced glass bottles in order to improve their properties.
This is not an easy task, not only due to its scale but because major manufacturing facilities are required to meet environmental permit to proceeds with actual construction (remember that as a facility, it will compete with existing communities for energy and water). The business owners would also need to secure every customary permit for the erection and operation of a glass bottle manufacturing plant.
Once construction is done the equipment like “forming machine,” the cold treatment system, inspection equipfment and miscellaneous packing machines should start coming in. Together with these should be a batch of workers who are needed to man the preparation and to hire staff and workers for the full operation of the plant.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- About Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Business
- Starting a Plastic Manufacturing Plant
- Becoming a Brick Manufacturer
- Setting up an Animal Feed Manufacturing Company
- Starting a Garment Manufacturing Business
- How to Start Tile Manufacturing Business
- Starting Tobacco Product Manufacturing Company
- Cement Bricks and Concrete Block Manufacturing Business
- Glass Manufacturing Business
- Start Diaper Manufacturing Business
- Top 5 Money Making Manufacturing Businesses to Start in South Africa