Becoming a Brick Manufacturer
You might be thinking of entering the construction industry. One business that you can look into is becoming a brick manufacturer.
Bricks are the building blocks of many historical and ancient structures that remain standing after thousands of years and that we continue to admire until now. Read more how you can participate in this timeless and lucrative business.
Brick making is considered an ancient art. Bricks stood the test of time and are still being used in modern construction. Ancient people used different kinds of bricks but the result is the same – amazing creations that some were even considered as the Wonders of the World. The pyramids of Egypt were built with from mud bricks while the Colosseum and other Roman structures were made with fired bricks.
They can be used practically in any type of structure so that makes a wide range of target market for you. There are also different types of materials that you can choose from to begin your brick business. Besides clay, brick manufacturers also use fly ash, slate, calcium silicate, shale and concrete. Natural stones like sandstone, marble and granite can also be made into bricks.
Brick manufacturers differ in materials they use, how they fire the brick and to what degree they are fired. You can use traditional kilns or modern ones to do the firing work.
- Starting a Cement Bricks Manufacturing Business
- Be Strategic In Implementing Ideas for Clay Brick Manufacturing Business
Making bricks is a simple process. You should learn how it is made so you can have an idea how you can set up your manufacturing business. The process starts with mixing sand, water and additives to clay and ground it well. Sand is important so that you can remove the brick from the mold. The mixture is pressed into moulds or you can shape it through a die and then cut up in sizes you desire. The standard size of a brick is 14” x 10” x 4”. The molded bricks are fired in a kiln or oven at high temperatures. Don’t worry if some bricks will be damaged in the process because they can be recycled and reused.
Bricks are now refined by technology and machines are available to produce them in mass quantity in less time. You can purchase Do-it-yourself (DIY) machines that can produce as much as 3,000 bricks a day. You must also learn how you will package and manage inventory of bricks that you will produce.
Before you start becoming a brick manufacturer, it would be helpful if you can attend some business courses to teach you how to manage your finances, understand balance sheets, and sell and market your products. It is also essential to come up with your comprehensive business plan to lay out your strategies in terms of production, operations, marketing, hiring staff and raising capital. Your business plan will give you a clear picture of what you want to accomplish in your business.
Q. What are the common machines used for manufacturing bricks?
A. Different machines used for producing bricks are brick clay mixing machine, brick moulding machine, soft mud molding machine etc.
- How to Start a Bricklaying Business
The success of your bricklaying business greatly depends on the workmanship of your bricklayer. Also, you need to consider several things before even starting your business.
- Starting a BrickKicker Home Franchise
Owning a BrickKicker franchise is an industry with great demand for the last 20 years. If you think that you are up to owning a BrickKicker franchise all you have to do is get in touch with the Brickikicker National Headquarters.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- About Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Business
- Starting a Plastic Manufacturing Plant
- Setting up an Animal Feed Manufacturing Company
- Starting a Garment Manufacturing Business
- Startup Guide for Chemical Manufacturing Business
- How to Start Tile Manufacturing Business
- Starting Tobacco Product Manufacturing Company
- Cement Bricks and Concrete Block Manufacturing Business
- Glass Manufacturing Business
- Start Diaper Manufacturing Business
- Top 5 Money Making Manufacturing Businesses to Start in South Africa