How to Start a Custom Car Shop
Operating a custom car shop can be a lucrative and unique business. But just like any business, you have to plan for it and follow a step to open and properly run one. So if you plan to open a custom car business, we just have the idea on what you need to do so you can start making money out from custom cars.
Owning a custom car shop is a feat in itself; it really takes a person the talent and finesse to own one.
It is very easy to open a custom car shop, especially if you have the idea about the basics of the business and the right equipment to use. On the process, you will learn a lot and eventually, you will get into your head and master then repair works and customization.
Now, if you have the knack but you don’t know how to start this business, let our tips guide you so you can sooner open the custom car shop of your own.
Have enough capital
Estimate how much you are going to spend in opening the business. Make sure to include every expense from paying the space, buying the equipment, processing the permits to the salary of your employees. Take down everything that you have to spend for and allocate funds for it.
Look for a wide space or building
The first thing that you have to do is look for an adequate building – preferably 40’ x 100’ to house all your customer’s cars. Make sure that the building has concrete, electrical, finishing, etc. If the building does not have these, install or have it added. Then, have it stocked with (4) 25’ bays. Don’t forget that your custom car shop needs to offer body work. Thus, you may need another 2 bays or less. The first bay is for the preparation and finishing while the other is for the painting booth.
Have the Necessary Tools and Equipment
Also, don’t forget the equipment that you will use for the body work. More likely, you’ll need to have the following:
- air compressor
- refrigerated evaporating system
- jitter bugs, dual-action sanders
- sanding blocks
- masks and paint suits
- a cabinet to keep solvents, paints, and cleaners
- HVLP guns of different sizes
- Air tools (like impact, air nozzle, etc)
- Tools to stock boxes
- Parts washer
- Diagnostic machine
- Rebuilding counters
- Woodworking tools
- Fiberglass tools
- Electrical tools for stereo and complete body wiring
The list begins but it does not end here. Be sure that you get these tools and equipment from reliable supplier.
Look for an Experienced Employee
Now that you have your space, tools, and equipment, the next thing that is you have to hire your staff. Choose employees who have experience in this work. Ask him about his experience and to what extent does he know about the work.
Do Your Homework
Think of ways that can make your custom car business a unique one. Draw a reliable, realistic business plan that you will follow as you start running the business. Get ready with the whims and requests of your customers. Once you have one, accept him. In a matter of time, you’ll find your shop with a lot of customers coming back and forth. Always update yourself with what’s the latest in the business so you won’t be out-dated. Always offer what’s new to your customers.
- Advantages and Special Consideration Regarding Auto Car Import Business
Auto car import business is good that promises high profit once you have knowledge in how to run it. Auto car import business also guarantee a lot of advantages.
- Sports Car Hire Business for New Entrepreneurs
Sports car hire business could be a high profit margin business that you could have. This would help you having a good financial income resource as you venture in the business.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business
- How to Start a Hardware Store