Holiday Inn Franchise Information
Holiday Inn is a trade mark hotels that forms share of the InterContinental Hotels Group or IHG.
It is considered to be among the world’s well-known hotel brand that has a worldwide standing for service, relaxation and value.
Kemmons Wilson at first came up with the thought past a family road tour to Washington, D.C., for the period of which he was dissatisfied by the excellence and uniformity given by the roadside motels of the time. The name Holiday Inn was specified to the initial hotel by his architect Eddie Bluestein as a joke. Holiday Inn's business headquarters was located in a renewed plumbing hut owned by Mr. Johnson in 1953 after the group built its initial four hotels, one covering each come close to Memphis. Together they begin what Mr. Wilson would direct into Holiday Corp., one of the world's biggest hotel groups.
In the year 1957, Wilson permit the franchise as Holiday Inn of America and it expand significantly, next to Wilson’s main principle that the estate must be consistent, clean, foreseeable, family-friendly and easily available to the road travellers. By the year 1958, there are already 50 locations all over the country, 100 by the year 1959, 500 by the year 1964 and the 1000th Holiday Inn is launched in San Antonio, Texas in 1968. The franchise rules the motel market, influence its modern Holidex reservation system, and place a substantial financial pressure on long-established hotels and place the criterion for its competitors.
Though it remains a strong company, altering the business conditions and places made Holiday Inn drop its market dominance in the year 1980s. In the year 1988, Holiday Corporation was bought by UK-based Bass PLC, tag along with the left behind domestic Holiday Inn hotels in the year 1990, when its founder Wilson sold his shares. After that, the hotel group was now known as Holiday Inn Worldwide. The rest of Holiday Corporation was turned over to stockholders as Promus Companies Incorporated. In the year 1990, Bass opened Holiday Inn Express, an opposite brand in the narrow service sector.
In the year 1994, Bass opened Crowne Plaza, a shift into the expensive hotel market. In the year 1997, Bass made and opened another hotel brand, the Staybridge Suites by Holiday Inn, going beyond the North American expensive extensive stay market. In March 1998, Bass got the InterContinental brand, growing into the magnificent hotel market. In year 2000, Bass market its brewing ability and modify its name to Six Continents PLC. The InterContinental Hotels Group or IHG was formed in year 2003 next to Six Continents part into two other companies, the Mitchells and Butlers PLC that operates restaurant assets and the IHG that concentrates on soft drinks as well as hotels. This includes the Holiday Inn brand. The Holiday Inn brand is now operated by IHG, which now permits the name to potential franchisees.
- We are in banquet business for the last 4 decades with good reputation, having 5 outlets and others in the making. With our vast experience, we intend to enter into hotel business and are looking for established brands to take the franchise. We need your terms and minimum requirements to team up.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Zara Franchise Opportunities
- Forever 21 Franchise Opportunity
- Victoria Secret Franchise Opportunity
- Shell Franchise Opportunity and Cost
- How to Get Franchise of Delhi Public School
- Dollar General Franchise Opportunity
- How much is Lotto Franchise
- Opening a Whataburger Franchise
- Chipotle Franchise Cost