Growing courgettes is indeed an ideal venture especially for those who are new in farming business.
It is not that complicated and does not require much expertise but is sure to be a lucrative business.
Courgettes, to describe, are small, firm, fleshy, summer squash. It can either be steamed, boiled, even fried and roasted depending on how you want them taste. Courgettes are also known as zucchini and is closely related to cucumber expect that it cannot be eaten uncooked.
Courgettes farming are preferred by most planters for they are known for being the easiest fruit to grow especially in mild climates. They are not that prone to pests and require minimum supervision in terms of watering needs.
One of the things to remember in growing courgettes is that they need more bees for pollination or else the fruit will get rotten. Flowers of courgettes are very in demand to some cuisines. They are even ingredients to expensive delicacies in the market hence, should be given great deal of care. This part is what seems to be crucial in courgettes farming. But since bees are not that extinct and are sure to look for flowers to pollinate, growing courgettes is still uncomplicated to handle. Another thing to remember is that too much application of pesticide may also harm the growth of the courgettes.
In cougettes farming, expect rapid growth of crops. This implies that harvest must be distributed to the market accordingly to fully have the benefit of this business. Proper distribution and allocation of harvests in the market will prevent overstocking and will allow you to profitably run the farm.
Starting a courgette farm requires heavier soil for it to grow healthy and thus have a good value in the market. The soil should also be well mixed with manure to enrich the growth of the seeds. Since courgettes are best planted in areas with temperate climate, they should be protected against colds winds and must be located where there is sufficient supply of sunlight.
Construct ridges where you will plant the seeds. Sow two seeds per spot on the ridge with three feet distance with each other. Allowing enough spacing is giving the seeds with some breathing and growing ground.
Apart from planting them on the ground, they can also be grown from pots. Piece of advice, avoid holding the stems to prevent abnormalities in the growth.
Planting courgettes are best practiced on the month of March to May and can be cut during August when reaching about four to six inches. Courgettes are best to harvest on reaching the stated length. On this length, courgettes’ do have softer seeds and are immature. Immature courgettes are less fibrous and with good taste quality compared to matured ones.
- I would like to inquire about courgette farming. Am interested in planting them. My farm is located in Ruiru, Thika County, Kenya
- kindly assist me with better ways of beginning a successful pig farming. Thank you. I am William from Nyeri
- My farm is located at sabasaba. Advice me farther on courgette farming and market.
- Am Interested in farming Courgettes for sale and butternut. Currently am doing Water melon - In Narok County - Kenya thank you.
- I would like to venture into courgette farming. my farm is in joska 50km from Nairobi. kindly advise on the market
- Am located in Eldama Ravine. some 50km from Nakuru. I am interested in courgette farming.
- I have two shambas one is in kirinyaga(gathoge)and the other one is in Embu (riandu)area which is relatively hotter than kirinyaga. pliz advice on the best practices for courgettes for both.
- did William get help on pig farming? am Daniel from kiambu.
- Advice on courgette farming. live in kajiado
- Am Mary. My farm is at Kamiti area. Advise me on courgettes farming, and marketing.
- Please advise me on courgette farming and market.My farm is in Muranga.
- Am interested in capsicum farming. Advice me on how to go about it and also market. My farm is in Ruiru.
- Hello my name is njeri from thika.am interested in courgette and coriander farming.please advise.
- how much seeds do you need for courgettes in a two acre farm, what's the price of the seeds and is the market readily available and at how much per kg? from Chacha in Kuria
- I would like advice on cost of production of courgettes and marketing, young farmer in ruai
- where do I purchase quality courgette seeds and how much are they likely to cost
- I'm interested in courgette farming. My farm is in Lurambi, Kakamega county so can cultivation of the crop on open field be possible or must it be in a greenhouse? How do you prepare the land for planting? How is the spacing of the seeds from each other and rows? What is the frequency of harvest of the crop? Thanking you in advance
- i'm interested in courgette farming. my farm is kutus kirinyaga county please advice
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides