How to Start an Indian Restaurant Business?
Food is something one can't stay away from; we also love to taste a variety of food around the world. Indian foods are widely popular in and around the US and UK, and Indian dishes are healthy and spicy too. Looking into current needs one can easily say this business has lots of scope to grow.
Fact: Food, no one person can live without it. Ergo, there is a need.
Fact: In the US alone, people outnumber food establishments by no less than seven digits. Ergo, the demand is way beyond great.
So then, if the need is basic and demand is considerable, how come quite a number of restaurants end up folding after a bad run? What went wrong? The answer to this conundrum is quite simple and can be summed up with just one word--expectation. Simply put, a successful restaurant meets the expectations of its target market while an unsuccessful restaurant does not.
How does a wannabe restaurateur avoid this pitfall then? The answer to this can again be summed up with just one word--homework. Sufficient preparation and thorough market research is a must in starting a restaurant business.
Another fact, no one restaurant has a universal appeal. It is impossible to grab hold of the full 100% of the market. Attempting such a mammoth goal will only result in failure. The market’s tastes and preferences are as diverse as it is wide. Realistically speaking, a restaurateur can only tap around five to ten percent of the total consumer population pie.
Undaunted? Good. That’s a big chunk as it is so there’s no cause for alarm. Now the next step is for you to think of a restaurant concept. Does nothing come to mind? Here’s a suggestion. Why not try Indian cuisine?
Indian food has been in existence for several centuries and has evolved through time to uphold the symbol of Indian culture. It is known for its intricate blending of exotic spices, veggies, and meat to create one truly delectable dish. History and flavor, that’s pretty hard to top. It’s no wonder Indian restaurants have grown in popularity over the years.
- If you’re not familiar with the cuisine, here’s a rundown of some interesting bits that you can use as a selling point:
- The spices used in Indian dishes are meant to enhance the main ingredient and not the other way around. A complete Indian meal consists of at least two main course dishes. These are complemented with staples such as rice and bread (roti).
- Curry is not the be-all and end-all of an Indian dish. Other favored spices include chilies, saffron, ghee, tamarind, coconut, and mustard. Collectively, these spices are called Garam Masala. This is distinct to every household and restaurant and serves as the backbone of the dish.
- Not only is Indian cuisine flavorful and delicious, but it is also healthy and nutritious as well. Most dishes are made up mostly of fruits and vegetables. The idea that Indian cuisine is fatty, rich, and oily is a definite misconception.
- The spices used in Indian cuisine are not as exotic as it seems. In other words, they are not hard to find. This could be the case before, but no longer. Indian spices are readily available in most supermarkets. Further, most Indian dishes do not require special cooking equipment so setting up your kitchen can be done easily enough.
Don't make these Common Mistakes while Starting a Restaurant
- How to do Local Restaurant Marketing
There are a lot of ways of local restaurant marketing. These ways are proven and tested and could make your business popular and patronized by more customers.
- Tips on Restaurant Equipment Financing
There are a lot of sources of restaurant equipment financing that you can avail. All you need is to look for those found near your locality.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides