How to Start a Mexican Restaurant
Approximately 35% of businesses today come from the foodservice segment. Take McDonald?s for example. Approximately 1 new McDonald?s franchise outlet opens every 8 hours globally. However, despite this fact, studies show that no single food service captures 100% of the market.
Experts also agree that if you manage to capture at least 10%, you?ll be on higher grounds. And so why not join the bandwagon!
Consumers today are busier more than ever. They are looking for nutritious meals that are prepared fast, tasty, and are enjoyable. And they don’t want to do dishes after. Why not try opening a Mexican restaurant business as part of a solution!
Spanish-based cuisine with corn-based dishes topped with chili, herbs, and beans can be an attractive menu for consumers. Why not add a cheese quesadilla and a taco bar to go along with it? Now that’s what I call a Mexican meal. So how do you start opening a Mexican restaurant business, here are a few simple guidelines?
- Decide what you want to serve. What type of food works for you? Do you support your own menu? Don’t try to bombard your menu with several types of Mexican meals instead focus on 7 to10 meals where customers can associate your restaurant with. Develop a menu that makes you money. Create a delicious menu.
- Talk to a real estate agent who is more than willing to help you solve your location concerns. You want a location that’s visible and easy to drive in. Factor in also the traffic on that area.
- Find an expert who can help you get a business license and coach you on how to organize your legal papers as well. Cover your ass and get insurance. Get the ones that are necessary which can help you get out of a rut in the future.
- Determine as well what type of beverages your business will serve. Are you serving alcohol? Is it beer or wine or maybe both? Maybe you prefer to stick with the regular sodas and different juices? If you do decide to serve alcohol, remember there are different licenses for that too!
- A business license to operate a restaurant may not be enough to get you started. Often there are other health code requirements in opening a restaurant like sanitary permits and proper food handling procedures. Find an expert who can help you in this area too. You may want to search the web or even call the Department of Health for it.
- You may want to hire both an architect and a contractor for your restaurant remodeling plans. Have a space design for your restaurant entrance, restrooms, kitchens as well as your table and parking areas. Consider also environmental factors like lighting, music, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, and cleanliness.
- Learn to advertise your restaurant well. You may want to hire someone to help you with this. There are several ways to do this from streamers to posters, to radio and new ads, to even by word of mouth.
- You might want to learn how to cook Mexican food yourself. It will be good for your personal development and business.
Finally, as a business, emphasize quality service in your restaurants. According to experts, most businesses fail because of two things. First is poor service. Your menu might be great but poor service will stop a patron from coming back. So as a starting Mexican restaurant owner, remember this important element in operating your establishment. The second thing is cleanliness. It won’t hurt if you clean the walls, the stove as well as under the stove, under your sinks which are full of grease, and your clogged toilets in your restrooms. For goodness sake, it’s a place to eat! What an awful experience will it be to have your customers find spots on your utensils, complain about the feeling of stickiness on your floors, and ask for soap because your soap dispensers run out?
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides