Startup Sushi Restaurant
So, you are planning to start a sushi restaurant but before that you should know what exactly a sushi is? Sushi, a famous dish of Japan is like a vinegar rice including toppings of fish which can be either cooked or uncooked and also includes vegetable.
When you would go to other countries except Japan then you would find that people misunderstands this dish by saying it as a raw fish or a raw sea-food dishes and if you want to open a sushi restaurant you better be careful in telling the difference between these two. The sliced raw fish is called as sashimi and is apart from sushi. Sashimi is a raw fish and not rice containing material. Procedure of making sushi is basically by preserving and fermenting of raw fish with salt and ice. When this fermentation of salt and ice will be done then vinegar will be produced which will make the fish break into amino acids.
It can be intimidating to start a sushi restaurant without knowing the menu. So, let's start with the menu. There are more types like:-
- Nigri – it is a small piece of fish mounted on rice.
- Maki – it is a type of sushi in which ingredients are rolled inside nori.
- Temaki – it is a sushi which contains cone-shaped rolls including fish and vegetables.
Now day, restaurants having sushi make use of creative ingredients, so it is necessary to know some ingredients which help in making sushi. There are a lot of ingredients which are used to prepare sushi. The main ingredient is the sushi rice. Sushi rice is short sized Japanese rice which is topped and mixed with vinegar, rice, sugar and salt. The sushi rice is being cooled before it is being filled inside to make a sushi. Sushi has one more important ingredient known as nori, which is an algae which is specially cultivated from harbors of Japan. Sushi also contains some toppings and fillings such as fish, sea-food, vegetables, red meat and other fillings including eggs and tofu. For a sushi restaurant you should have a good chef.
A restaurant always needs a talented chef. Chefs now days are paid handsomely. Chef should have the following qualifications:
- Ability to have a sense of taste and smell
- should have love for food
- knows to make food combination- textures and flavors
- Love to innovate or experiment
- Good memory
- Ready for back-bending hours
Sushi is nutritional dish as it contains raw fish and ice which are considered low in fat and helps persons to save themselves and keep themselves fit. There are a lot of utensils which one needs while preparing sushi: kitchen cloths, rice barrel, kitchen knives, bamboo rolling mat, cooking chopsticks, wooden rice paddle, rectangular omelet pan and one mold.
These are the main things which are needed to prepare sushi. The utensils as well as the ingredients should be of good quality. While starting a sushi restaurant, one needs a good kitchen with a good sushi making expert or a chef. If you are mastering in these above things then you would be making a good market for your restaurant.
- Tips for Dummies to Run a Restaurant
Do you want to learn the steps on how to run a restaurant? If you wish to be a successful restaurateur then here are some tips for you.
- Ideas on Naming a Restaurant
Sometimes being creative on how to name restaurant is a fun thing to do. It’s like what you do in school, brain storming. So why not consider these ideas so that you can now think of a name suit for your restaurant.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides