Yum Brands Q3 Profit Report Fails to Ease China Fears
KFC?s parent company Yum Brands Inc. said on Wednesday that its net profit has hit $383 million in the third quarter that ended September 3, matching Wall Street?s expectations of 80 cents per share for the period.
Yum Brands Inc. on Wednesday said posted a higher net profit in its fiscal third quarter for the year but failed to assure investors over worries about slowing growth in China, its biggest market to date.
In a report, KFC’s parent company said its net income for the third quarter that ended September 3 increased to $383 million or 80 cents per share from $357 or 74 cents per share a year ago – matching Wall Street’s expectation for the period.
Meanwhile, the company’s revenue also rose to $3.27 billion in the fiscal third quarter from $2.86 billion a year ago.
But despite the positive output, shares of the fast-food giant fell 1.9 percent in extended trading as the company struggles to give assurance on the falling sales in China. Yum shares fell to $48.51 after closing at $49.44 on the New York Stock Exchange.
China, now the fastest growing economy in the world, is the biggest earnings driver for Yum Brands, accounting for more than 40 percent of its overall profits.
Analysts earlier forecasted that the slowdown in China may accelerate during the period, as well as in other Asian countries.
On Tuesday, Yum Brands said it would raise its menu prices to help offset higher costs.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Business News
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Xceed Mortgage Corp. Charged By HSBC Financial For Breach Cases
- Workers Strike at St. Marys Cement In Bowmanville, Ont., Over Pension Demands
- World Color Press Advances despite Decrease in Profits This Year
- With the Availability of Iphone, Telus Increases Risk for Blackberry
- Wi-Lan Files A Case Against Major Technology Companies