Yahoo to Fight Microsoft Over Consumer Devotion
Despite recent merger between Yahoo and Microsoft, the internet giant said that it will still compete with the software manufacturer for consumer shares in their respective websites.
Yahoo! executives said that the company has only shifted fronts but will still remain on top.
Internet giant Yahoo! Inc. executives on Monday said that it will continue to fight software manufacturer Microsoft Corp over consumer devotion despite recent merger between the two companies. They said that they will still battle it out for the number of users visiting their site as they aim for a bigger market share.
The executives said that they have only shifted style of competing with Microsoft and Google in order for them to have more share in the market.
Yahoo and Microsoft recently signed a deal that would allow the internet search engine provider to use the software maker’s Bing search engine in its website. However, the documents of the said merger are still being scrutinized by Federal regulators.
Meanwhile, Yahoo said that they are not taking anything easy, saying that they will soon come up with a more refined webpage in presenting results of the searches made by users. They said that the new search page of Yahoo will be smarter and more intuitive that would help it compete with the dominant Google.
Yahoo! Labs Search Strategy Senior vice president Prabhakar Raghaven described the battle for market shares as a “megawatt war,” adding that they are trying to avoid the situation where they will compete with Google and Microsoft head-to-head.
“We’re going to fight the battle at the other end,” he said.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Business News
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides