Starting Your Own Firewood Store
Do you want to know how to start selling firewood for money? Are you interested in starting your own firewood business? To help you get quickly on your way, we have prepared this helpful and informative business startup guide.
Read on and soon you’ll be chopping and shipping firewood in your area.
With the high rise of prices in fuel, people understandably turn to other sources of fuel. In the case of heating systems at home, people are starting to realize once again the value of using firewood. Besides being cheap, they are natural and the supply is unlimited as trees can be grown.
You, as an entrepreneur, can take advantage of this sudden change in trend. You can start a firewood business, and take charge of the supply of firewood within and even outside your area. With the gradually increasing demand for the logs, you’ll find yourself earning more than you can imagine in as little time as possible. So, here’s what you need to prepare to start a firewood business.
These are sources of the raw logs that you will be cutting and chopping down into different sizes and sell to your customers. There are several sources of logs that you could contract, and these include:
- Sawmill firms
- Commercial and residential developers
- Road building construction firms
All it takes to find contacts is to go around yourself and make deals with as much of these guys as you could. You’ll be surprised to know that there are actually a lot of sources for these logs and not as limited as you think.
Equipment for Firewood Business
You need heavy equipment, the types used by the logging firms themselves to cut down the trees. You don’t cut down trees, of course, but you still need the chainsaws to cut the logs into specific sizes. You’d also need a considerable supply of axes, depending on how many staff you’d like to recruit for your business.
Staff Required for Firewood Business
You cannot possibly handle by yourself the task of reducing huge logs into firewood size. You need people to help you do that, for expediency’s sake. You need to have a steady supply, after all, so you need to cut down firewood as fast as possible.
Fortunately, you can hire part-timers to do the job for you. For example, you can get high school students to work part-time for you after class or on weekends.
Base of Operations
This base is where you have your logs delivered from your sources and where they are chopped and cut by your staff into firewood. A vacant lot is an ideal place, and it should be wide enough to accommodate logs. For security purposes, surround it with a fence and erect a small cabin to serve as your office.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business?
- How to Start a Hardware Store?