Starting a Bagel Shop
Do you want to start a food business, but afraid you don’t have enough capital to start one? A bagel shop is one business you can pursue. Learn how you can open a business selling bagels without buying a lot of equipment and renting a large space to hold these.
You may have seen a small bagel shop and you think starting one is easy enough, you can do it yourself.
But even a small business like this could be complicated to run for a first-timer and even for those who have an experience working for a bagel shop that is in a different location with a different set of customers. So, if you really want to put up your own bagel shop, here are some tips:
- First try working for one for a few months (or a similar food business such as a donut shop) to know how to operate the business, and determine whether you really want to do it. You will be investing money on it, and so it is wise to know whether you want to pursue bagel selling for the long term.
- After getting enough training and experience, determine how much capital you have or you can get from others to start a bagel shop. Knowing this will help you determine how big your operation will be. While it may be nice to open a full sit-in store, it would require a large capital and involve greater risk. Typically, if you are starting off, it is wise to start small and build from there. Many businesses that eventually became big started as a small operation.
- One way to start with less capital is to operate a takeout shop. Rent a small space where you can put a bagel display stand, cash register and your bagel baking equipment. You don’t have to run a full kitchen to do this. You can buy pre-formed dough and bake on site. This way you don’t have to spend a large investment in dough-making equipment, or rent additional space to hold them. Also, by baking onsite, you can attract customers to the smell of fresh bagel baking.
- You can augment the income from your rented space by selling other products together with your bagels, like coffee, and muffins.
- You can operate your bagel stand in the mall, in vacation or tourist area, or in any location with high visibility and heavy traffic, especially where people pass on the rush to go home or to the school or office.
- Be patient in learning the ropes of how to operate the business. You will encounter mistakes and may not make a profit for a while, but every experience should be an opportunity for you to learn and improve.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business
- How to Start a Hardware Store