IHOP Franchise Opportunities
The IHOP franchise is a popular restaurant franchise that boasts of a 50 year American heritage of great food and excellent service.
With so many franchise options in the market, it is difficult for the entrepreneur to decide on which is the best one for him.
Many people engage in franchising to find their own financial freedom in the ownership of their own business, and usually venture into the restaurant franchise type making IHOP a popular choice for food loving entrepreneurs everywhere.
IHOP is one of the most popular family restaurants in the country and has since been serving the community with good food, service and hospitality since 1958. The restaurant is best known for its delicious pancakes and breakfast meals. It is owned and operated by a subsidiary of DineEquity, Inc, the California based International House of Pancakes, Glendale. The company started franchising in 1960 and has branches in more than 49 states with establishments in Canada and Mexico. The franchise of the company is widespread throughout the country as it is very popular for its profitable income and good credibility among customers. It is because of these factors that the IHOP franchise is an attractive for interested entrepreneurs.
There are several franchise territories and growth markets still available for interested applicants. The Non Traditional Growth Markets include colleges and universities, casinos and airports, Domestic Growth Markets are in St. Louis, Kansas City, Mississippi and Nebraska while International Growth Markets are in Central America, Caribbean and Canada.
To avail of this franchise opportunity there is a minimum financial requirement of around $1.5 million in net worth with around $500,000 in liquid assets. The initial franchise fee is at $20,000. Other requirements for franchise approval include basic business experience and restaurant experience.
Once the applicant has been approved of the application he may then be brought in for training while the establishment is under construction. There are strict guidelines and requirements in the construction of the new restaurant which includes the general site information of having approximately 185 people seating in 5,000 square feet of space. The population of the area should be around 25,000 to 50,000 per 3 mile population and 80,000 to 150,000 per 5 mile population. The physical requirements include frontage of a minimum of 150 feet, approximately 260 feet of depth and a lot size of approximately 40,000 to 50,000 square feet if stand alone and 10,000 to 20,000 if part of a shopping or grocery establishment.
Other physical site requirements include the utility service of 6 inch line minimum lateral sewer, 2 inch and 55 pounds minimum flow pressure fire service , 2,00,000 BTUs of gas and 1,00 Amps 120/208 3 phase 4 wire of electrical assembly.
The lease terms are usually in triple net with a base term of 20 years and options extending to around 30 years with or without a contribution from the landlord.
- Sao Paulo, Brazil- state and city of Sao Paulo size of New York and I am an american, studying international business Portuguese and Brazil has a well developed economy( high taxes) but Brazilians spend spend spend and dont have breakfast places in Sao Paulo especially, AMERICAN BREAKFAST! it would bring a lot of business having thousands of people driving and walking by each day. I'm looking for more information on how i could own apart of the IHOP franchise and help expand it across the would starting with Brazil :) you can reach me by email fastest and please know another useful tip is by 2014 world cup will be all over Brazil and 2016 i believe is Olympics bringing people from all over the world and americans knowing the name IHOP and to show Brazil a perfect family restaurant for any time of the day (optional 24/7 business or not) i prefer not reason 1. Brazil requires 2x pay after 10 p.m. 2. Electricity is more expensive at night--so way to make profit, and a great idea from JUSTIN LEE KINSEY-from oklahoma and getting ready to make an impact on International business!!! again, email is fastest way to reach me email@example.com (fyi, i have many more business plans) thank you for your time
- I am interested in IHOP franchise in the city of Recife-pe Brazil.and how much cost to do the business.thanks
- I am interested opening a IHOP franchise in Mexico....can you please guide me in the information, requirements, permits, down payment, etc. This information will be very helpful. Thank you.
- I would like to open a IHOP in Leland NC. 28451 I have a site in mind that I'm sure would bring in a lot of money as of now you have to drive into Wilmington NC to enjoy a IHOP meal let me know what you think and how you can help me get it started thanks for listening.
- I have an ideal location in Katy, Tx. Katy is the fastest growing community in the United States and has 1 IHOP and is starving for another. Please contact us as this would be a great investment and an outstanding opportunity.
- I'm interested in finding out about the opportunities and possibility of a franchise IHOP in Kingston Jamaica. Would you allow this could u provide all possible information.
- I would like to open an IHOP in Trinidad on the biggest university campus. Please contact me ASAP
- Saipan usa 96950
- Hi, I'm interested to get i hop to finland
- I live in the UK and I'm very much interested in opening an ihop in England, London. Please can you contact me with further information. Thank you
- I'm interested in getting an ihop open in Carthage, MS
- I am very interested in opening a ihop in st.robert, Missouri.
- I'm very interested in opening a IHOP in New York.
- I am very interested to opening a IHOP in Dubai.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Ziiing Frozen Yogurt Franchise Opportunity
- Opening a Wawa Franchise
- Yogurtland Franchise Information
- Amul Ice Cream Franchise
- Food Cart Franchising Business
- Aavin Milk Franchise
- Owning a Rita's Italian Ice Franchise Business
- Start Nestle Toll House Cafe Franchise
- How much is a KFC Franchise
- Aamchi Mumbai Vada Pav Franchise Opportunity
- Piccadilly Cafeteria Franchise Information