How to Start an Animal Broker Business
Becoming an animal broker can subject you to several requirements before you are allowed to embark on your vision. The good news about it is only few do venture in it because of the scrutiny.
This means there is market out there that has not been captured. This business guideline will help you.
Here are steps to help you start your own animal broker and dealer business
- Decide what market you intend to service
Starting your own animal broker dealer business entails complying with several state laws, licensing, permits, animal protection consideration procedures as well as international laws. Starting your business would be much easier if you begin on a local direction instead of charging ahead to interstate transactions. So it is best to begin with what’s near to you.
- Get legal advice
Consult with a lawyer. Starting an animal broker dealer business would require you to acquire special types of licenses and permits. Not only that, you would need to familiarize yourself with processes and procedures on how to ship animals from other countries. As you know, the US government has strict regulations and restrictions for such shipping request. Make sure you justify your request and your animal pass certain sanitary and health standards. Of course also consider the rules and regulations on a state by state basis.
- Develop an animal broker business plan
A major element in your plan would be animal connections and sources. Being a dealer of course means you either raise a few animals yourself in your backyard or you become more of a middleman from supplier to a customer. Choosing the latter means checking that your sources are legal and law regulated. Be careful and avoid illegal transactions.
Another element you should include in your animal broker business plan is the type of animal you want to deal. You may want to deal animals that are for the zoo selection like zebras, monkeys and bears. Maybe your cup of tea is more of the aviary so this would definitely mean more focus on parrots, hawks and such alike. Another are you could focus on are exotic type animals like lizards, snakes and spiders. Well while we are at it, how starting with small animals like rabbits, dogs, cats and maybe even fish. You can actually customize your business to cater specific animal breeds so as you also capture a specific section of the market.
Finally, will you only deal with live animals? What about selling mounted animals like buffalo heads and life size animals like bears?
- Have an internet presence
The beauty about this type of business is you don’t have to rent out a location. You simply work by outsourcing your business to a trusted supplier and the use of the web. By working as a middleman all you have to do is look for customers. You can do all of this just by having a website of your own. Just make sure your website is informative and sticky.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Retail Business
- How to Start a Mail Order Business
- How to Start a Staffing Business
- How to Start a Motorcycle Swap Business
- Candy Wrapper Business
- 5 Things You Can Do to Start a Lifestyle Management Business
- Know Which Business Will Suit You Astrologically
- How to Make a Living Selling Firewood?
- 5 Steps to Make Gift Baskets and Sell for Money
- Top 10 Businesses to Start in South Africa
- How to Start a Used Car Battery Business?
- Best Ways to Invest Money in your 20s
- Steps to Start a Document Management Business