Cost of Starting a Coffee Shop
Starting a coffee shop can be a good business. You can franchise or create your own.
Whatever you chose, the cost varies on the size as well as the location of your shop to-be.
Coffee Cafe Startup Cost
When you decide to start a coffee shop, you may want to have a business plan that is carefully studied and considered. You might also want to detail your plan regarding the equipments needed in your business. You may choose to establish your own shop or franchise an existing one for popularity and easy establishment. The cost may vary on the size as well as the location of your shop, so you must consider well your budget when engaging to this business type. Take consideration on the floor space when figuring your equipment’s size. Furthermore, estimate your anticipated customers because an early planning is your key to success.
When choosing the proper equipment, do not purchase any equipment that is used or second hand unless you truly know its exact age, who owned it first, the place it came from, and the verifiable records of maintenance. You must be assured that the equipment you are about to buy was maintained often and properly. This will ensure you that in the future use of this machine; you will not experience a break down in a short period of time. Nevertheless, you can avoid this instantly when you purchase new equipment at the startup.
When starting up a coffee shop you should acquire necessary equipment that can be costly especially if brand new. You must get either a POS computer or cash register depending on what you prefer. The POS can go as expensive as $5000 and can go higher for monitors, multiple terminals, printers, kitchen printer, etc. but can be very profitable because the inventory control and management system of your business can be much easier while cash register can only cost you around $800.
You must also include the espresso machine, espresso grinders (one for the regular espresso and one for decaf), bulk coffee grinder, coffee maker suited for your volume, non refrigerated or refrigerated pastry case, blender, sandwich preparation unit, under-counter refrigerator (double door), storage refrigerator, ice maker, freezer, oven, Panini grill, sink with 3 compartments, hand sinks, furniture, phone, radio system, and credit card machine. You should also get prep tables that are stainless steel or maybe aluminum. They must be durable and very attractive too. All these equipment must fit within your budget so choose wisely. Consider first and foremost the durability and effectiveness of your equipment and at the same time suited to your budget.
A complete coffee shop with 800 to 1000 sq ft will typically cost between $100,000 - $250,000 depending the location.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business?
- How to Start a Hardware Store?