Cost of Raising Chickens
Raising chickens for a business is also a great way to earn money. You can sell the chicken itself or the eggs.
However, you must determine first your capital cost before engaging into this business and any other business as well.
Before you raise chickens, you should get your pen, paper, and calculator and start listing your needed tools and equipment such as chicken supplies and chicken food in order to determine the cost of it. Keep in mind that the cost of raising chicken depends on your choice of breed and how you will raise them. You must calculate every single cost of every single thing before engaging into raising chickens. There are few things that you should consider in determining the cost of raising chickens.
Things to Do
First is to list the cost of acquiring the chicken breed that you would like to raise. Keep in mind that the bigger the chicken, the more expensive its upkeep will cost. For example, Plymouth Rocks chickens are large thus they consume much higher feeds than the Leghorn chickens which are small. Then decide the size of the flock that you want to have. In some urban areas, the numbers of hens that can be raised by homeowners in their backyards are limited. Just multiply the acquisition cost of each chicken breed by the number of chickens that you are planning to raise. Next is to choose the kind of food for them. The inorganic feeds are much cheaper than the organic feeds. The amount of chicken feeds depend on the amount of time that you will give your chicken to roam outside their coop. For example; each chick must be fed 6 ounces per day so multiply 6 by the number of chicks that you will buy. This will determine the cost of the chicken feeds.
Then, add the bedding material’s cost. This should be replaced often and must be consider especially when determining the cost of raising chicken first time. Next is to write the amount of money that you will spend on their water and food containers. You can opt for automatic feeders but these costs high. You can also choose the simple bowls but you must clean them and fill them as often as possible. Chicken coop is very important too so you should calculate its building cost. Nevertheless, you could use scrap or free materials when building or you can buy a manufactured one if you have the budget to do so.
Just add up all those numbers and it will give you the approximate total of the startup costs. The running costs include beddings, chicken food, and maintenance costs and then minus the savings you can get from fertilizers and eggs.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Writing a Business Proposal
- Which Business is Most Profitable in Canada
- Which Business Degree Makes the Most Money
- Why Business Cards are Important
- How to Calculate Net Income from Balance Sheet
- Net Working Capital to Total Assets Ratio
- How are Business Ethics Developed
- Advantages of Unrelated Diversification
- SWOT Analysis of the Airline Industry
- Types of Business Incubators