Advantages of Unrelated Diversification
Unrelated diversification is a process wherein a small business tries to expand yet utilizes a very diverse way of business expansion.
New products strike up the market so different from what one used to sell or offer. Advantages tags along with this marketing strategy.
The Meaning of Unrelated Diversification
This is a query that often bugs a person’s mind that constantly thinks about business expansion. This is a process that uses a different product that is offered to the market aside from the original product provided. One good example is a flower shop that offers different varieties of flower arrangements and flower styles. When unrelated diversification enters the business, this flower shop will expand to a coffee shop adjacent to it or maybe inside the flower shop. While the customers wait for their flower arrangement, they can sip a hot cappuccino. This is what unrelated diversification means.
Positive Points from Unrelated Diversification
The primary benefit is that an entrepreneur is spared from risking all his capital toward one business scheme. With unrelated diversification, one expands the business using a different marketing plan. This is like hitting two birds with one stone. The company will grow hand in hand with each other for will boost the other. This is very advisable for a business experiencing an economic crisis too. Instead of continuing to sell products that are not so demandable yet, one can resort to drastic product changes to aid the business for economic survival.
Outsmarting the competition through this unrelated diversification is successful. The reason is that a business with this scheme has a fair advantage. In the flower and coffee shop example, customers will surely choose the shop wherein they can sip coffee too. Thus, the customers will be dragged towards the shop due to the additional spice. Indeed, with unrelated diversification, the business will bloom and prosper positively. Healthy completion occurs, as well as good revenue for the business.
The seasonality of products is an advantage to this unrelated diversification. The products in demand may come with the original products sold in a business. There are downfalls in the trade as well as highs. When the business is low, these peak-seasoned products are available, so the revenue will not decrease. Thus, this marketing strategy promotes cost efficiency. This is advantageous since one will not start all over again. Entrepreneurs will only add up some spice to the trade. The risk of engaging in unrelated diversification is worth it by merely concentrating on the original business enterprise.
- Tips to Invest Money Wisely
Investing money wisely should be learned by every individual as time will come that he will no longer work for an office or be an employee of a corporation. Thus, here are the key steps on how to do it in the most efficient way.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Writing a Business Proposal
- Which Business is Most Profitable in Canada
- Which Business Degree Makes the Most Money
- How to Calculate Net Income from Balance Sheet
- Why Business Cards are Important
- Net Working Capital to Total Assets Ratio
- SWOT Analysis of the Airline Industry
- How to Approach Businesses for Advertising
- 5 Best Industries For Starting a Business in 2021
- How to Calculate Return on Investment for Business?