Wal-Mart Reassures Stakeholders On Growth
Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the biggest retail store chain in the world, on Friday reassured its investors and employees that it can achieve its growth targets as the company beefs up its marketing strategy in various markets worldwide.
The world’s largest retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc. on Friday reassured investors and other stakeholders that it will be able to meet its growth targets as it boost sales in its online business and international markets.
Wal-Mart said that it is now looking for sales in all possible places – including mobile markets and international businesses like African, where room for growth remained untapped.
Bill Simon, Wal-Mart US chief executive, said that these new markets are important for the company in order for it to come back to profit after more than two years of declining sales.
The world’s largest retail store chain have seen lackluster sales figures as many bargain-seeking customers shifts to cheaper alternatives such as “dollar” stores.
However, many economists doubted that Wal-Mart can achieve a complete turn around within this year, pointing to the weak performances of the company’s shares.
Since the annual stockholders meeting, the retailer’s shares went up by only 6.3 percent, far below the 23.3 percent increase recorded in the previous year.
Also, the analysts said that several factors should be considered in Wal-Mart’s growth figures, including the high unemployment rates and the declining consumer sentiments this year.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Business News
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides