Steps to Become a CAD Instructor
Are you in the field of industrial design or someone who would like to pursue a career in that line? Would you like to know how to be proficient in the ultimate tool of modern drafting and how to, in the future, be the one teach others the skill of CAD software application?
In the past, industrial, mechanical and architectural designs are used to be drawn by hand using pencil and paper.
Eventually after the creation of computers, increased the possibility of using programs to design buildings, processes and machines. Now, CAD (computer-aided design) tools are predominantly used by engineers to draw mechanical, civil, electrical, and architectural models. And so, knowledge in CAD software application is always a plus if you are in the field of design and engineering.
How can one learn CAD software application?
- By enrolling in CAD training programs to get a degree such as an associate degree in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design after secondary school or after getting a related or non-related course.
- Getting employment in architectural, civil, electrical and mechanical firms that would use of your knowledge in CAD tool application, for example, as industrial designer or draftsperson. Get certificates for every training and work you performed related to CAD application. You can use these certificates when seeking teaching employment.
- Learning how to use CAD software on the job. Many who have been already working when CAD tools were developed and released got their trainings and CAD software application on the job. These people usually pioneered the use of CAD tools in their work and are responsible for laying the foundation of technology-aided systems in their companies as well as training younger staff.
- Get certified as CAD expert. Autodesk, the maker of the popular AutoCAD software, has Associate and Professional Certifications.
How to Become a CAD Instructor
To become a CAD instructor, you must be proficient in the application of CAD software programs. And you can only get that through years of related work experience. CAD instructors are also experienced engineers and designers. Some of them have graduated in Mechanical or Architectural Drafting programs from vocational schools or engineering degrees (mechanical, industrial, civil) from colleges and universities. Some proceed to masteral and doctorate studies. Teaching credential and experience are usually an advantage.
Becoming a CAD Certified teacher is a major selling point when applying for a teaching job. You can become a Certified Teacher of Autodesk. As an Autodesk Certified Teacher you can teach in Autodesk Training Centers. In Colorado, there is CAD-1, there are also other agencies from which you can get a teaching proficiency certification.
You can work as adjunct or part-time CAD instructor and teach evening and weekend programs in CAD Training Centers, vocational schools, colleges, and occupational centers while keeping your regular job. Being in the industry can help you stay current on the problems and issues that confront CAD tool users and thus help you become a better teacher.
- i am Mechanical Engineering graduate who is working as an assistant design engineer and am looking at opening a small college/school in one of the smaller African countries. I would like to know the steps needed for certification so i can be able to share my knowledge and skills with young Africans who have been previously disadvantaged. I have worked with numerous cad programs like solid edge, solid works, rhinocad, pro engineer wildfire and Autocad etc please advice in the steps needed to obtain this certification.
- More than 19 years experience in the field of Drafting, Primarily involve in Mechanical works, but could able to draft/draw any other work disciplines. I have numerous training and seminars attended in my field of works, both in Philippines and abroad ( Japan and Korea) . I'm also conducting a seminar/training's about drafting technology with CAD application, and Basic Mold Plastic Injection Mold Design. I’m also a part time Auto-Cad Instructor at Info-tech Technology last February 2007 to 2008. Presently, aside from being a permanent employee of MIRDC, I’m also a part time Consultant at Makati Industrial in Manila, Philippines.
- I M MECHANICAL ENGINEER HAS A EXPERIENCE OF 2 YEARS IN THIS FIELD AND COULD ABLE TO DRAFT/DRAW ANY OTHER FIELD SO TELL HOW CAN I BE AN INSTRUCTOR OF THIS I AM ALSO ESTABLISHED AN SMALL INSTITUTE START IT ONLINE
- I'm a architect in Accra Ghana, working with SIR NICHOLAS ARCHITECTURAL & CONSTRUCTION WORKS and i have work with autodesk for three years. But my problem now is...., i have had a new job at a college in ghana here, as an autocad instructor. How can i start with the class?
- Hi there, I am Polish national living in UK since 1980's. I have over 17 years of cad working experience in UK and I have HND in Civil Engineering which I have gained in Newcastle upon Tyne. I would like to teach Polish people AUTO CAD. Could you please let me know where should I turn to for further training and possible certification to become a CAD instructor? Kind Regards, Kasia Bobrzak
- i would like to become an auto cad international teacher , how could i pass the courses required for? i am in Tehran ,Iran now , please guide me to the nearest international place, tx
- I am architect seed from nigeria presently living in korea for my masters degree program, i have working experience of 7 years in architecture and also in cad drafting (autocad, archcad) but for some time now i have been away from my cad drafting because of my studies, and now i have some time for my self to refresh my memory on cad so i will want to inrole as early as possible in your program, also will like you to send me detailed information about your institution. secondly , i was having a cad training center which i was able to train 8 student in every 6 month until i left to korea for my studies. i have an intention of going back to exterbish my center in such a way it be of a benefit to the poor masses who are unable to gate formal education so i will want us to work together. i am sure it will benefit you.
- I am an architect from Panama, more than 10 years of experience working with Autodesk Tools; how I can become a certified Teacher of AutoCAD?, I want to teach this tools in some schools of the country.
- i am a mechanical engineer having a great skills about autocad .i want to start autocad centre for that what are the requirements and any certification required for that, if suppose suggest me where can find that certification from Warangal, Andhra pradesh, india, 506013
- Hello and Assalam u Alaikum to every member ,i am undergraduate student in Civil engineering Field, As i am using Autocad ,i know many things about it? if anyone want to know the basics of Autocad please contact me. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides