Steps to Become a CAD Instructor
Are you in the field of industrial design or someone who would like to pursue a career in that line? Would you like to know how to be proficient in the ultimate tool of modern drafting and how to, in the future, be the one teach others the skill of CAD software application?
In the past, industrial, mechanical and architectural designs are used to be drawn by hand using pencil and paper.
Eventually after the creation of computers, increased the possibility of using programs to design buildings, processes and machines. Now, CAD (computer-aided design) tools are predominantly used by engineers to draw mechanical, civil, electrical, and architectural models. And so, knowledge in CAD software application is always a plus if you are in the field of design and engineering.
How can one learn CAD software application?
- By enrolling in CAD training programs to get a degree such as an associate degree in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design after secondary school or after getting a related or non-related course.
- Getting employment in architectural, civil, electrical and mechanical firms that would use of your knowledge in CAD tool application, for example, as industrial designer or draftsperson. Get certificates for every training and work you performed related to CAD application. You can use these certificates when seeking teaching employment.
- Learning how to use CAD software on the job. Many who have been already working when CAD tools were developed and released got their trainings and CAD software application on the job. These people usually pioneered the use of CAD tools in their work and are responsible for laying the foundation of technology-aided systems in their companies as well as training younger staff.
- Get certified as CAD expert. Autodesk, the maker of the popular AutoCAD software, has Associate and Professional Certifications.
How to Become a CAD Instructor
To become a CAD instructor, you must be proficient in the application of CAD software programs. And you can only get that through years of related work experience. CAD instructors are also experienced engineers and designers. Some of them have graduated in Mechanical or Architectural Drafting programs from vocational schools or engineering degrees (mechanical, industrial, civil) from colleges and universities. Some proceed to masteral and doctorate studies. Teaching credential and experience are usually an advantage.
Becoming a CAD Certified teacher is a major selling point when applying for a teaching job. You can become a Certified Teacher of Autodesk. As an Autodesk Certified Teacher you can teach in Autodesk Training Centers. In Colorado, there is CAD-1, there are also other agencies from which you can get a teaching proficiency certification.
You can work as adjunct or part-time CAD instructor and teach evening and weekend programs in CAD Training Centers, vocational schools, colleges, and occupational centers while keeping your regular job. Being in the industry can help you stay current on the problems and issues that confront CAD tool users and thus help you become a better teacher.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides