Phlebotomy Instructor Career
Are you a health care provider looking for something new to do? No, not a new line of work, or a complete overhaul of your career path. If you have at least two years of experience in a clinical environment that gives the opportunity to practice venesection, could work for certification as a phlebotomy instructor. Learn how.
If you are a health care provider with substantial experience in drawing blood samples because of your previous work experiences in clinical settings.
Becoming a phlebotomy instructor is one career option you can pursue. As an instructor, you will be responsible for providing phlebotomy students the theoretical background for the tasks they will be performing and supervising them in the laboratory or other clinical environment. You will be responsible for forming new practitioners in the field of phlebotomy, a practice otherwise known as venipuncture or venesection.
Phlebotomy Instructor Requirements
To become a phlebotomy instructor, you must, of course, first, meet academic requirements to teaching the subject. You must at least hold a bachelor's or associate degree in health care. Professionals of medical fields who have training in phlebotomy are usually qualified to teach the subject, but some institutions require that their phlebotomy instructors be registered, nurses or medical technologists. Of course, being a certified phlebotomist (also called a phlebotomy technician) qualifies you for the job. In addition to satisfying the academic requirements, you must also have experience in performing phlebotomy in a hospital or any diagnostic laboratory. The minimum requirement is two years of clinical practice.
Phlebotomy Instructor Certifications
Teaching experience is always an advantage in applying for a job as a phlebotomy instructor. You can further augment your qualification by applying for certification as an instructor from a nationally recognized certifying institution like the American Academy of Phlebotomy Technicians(AAPT) or the American Certification Agency(ACA) for Healthcare Professionals. Application for certification requires the submission of credentials and payment of a fee.
To get a phlebotomy instructor certification, you may be required to provide or submit proof of attaining a degree in phlebotomy, CPR certification (you can get CPR certification through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association or your local YMCA), proof of having worked in a healthcare environment, and proof of having worked as a teacher. You will then have to pass a certification examination. Requirements to teach vary by state, and so you might be asked for more credentials when applying for a teaching position.
Phlebotomy instructors find employment in vocational training centers and local colleges. Some health care professionals who have been practicing in their field for years pursue teaching as a new interest. They teach on a part-time basis. Those without teaching credentials or previous teaching experience, work as adjunct instructors, supervising students in clinical settings. A phlebotomy instructor can receive up to $40,000 a year.
- I have been a Registered Nurse for 6 years, but I have not taught. Does any of my clinical experience go towards the teaching requirement? Thank you in advance for your time
- I have been a Phlebotomist for the past 14 years and I have been certified by the nca. Do I have enough credentials to become a Phlebotomy instructor?
- I have been a (cpt1) for over three years, i have worked in hospitals and emergency department, i do have a cpr card, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology certificates, and of course the experience in the clinical laboratory. i have never teach phlebotomy but i love to teach and gain the experience.. whats the first step to take
- Takoma Regional Hospital, ASCP PBT TECH 3+ yrs. exp. I have been doing a lot of training of students for quite some time for free.... Helping these students get their sticks in and I am so used to doing it now and truthfully I really enjoy helping them into this profession. I am wondering if I can actually become an instructor of the courses? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
- Miami Gardens, FL USA. I am a certified pbt tech for 12 years and I would like to become a instructor. while working at adventura hospital I taught some of the employees to draw blood because of a transition at the hospital. What do I need to do?
- Gary, Indiana, I am a certified pbt (ascp) for 8 years. I have held a "Certified Healthcare Instructor Certification" with NHA for 2 years, am I qualified to teach phlebotomy to others.
- Bellflower, California. I am a graduated LVN didn't pass my boards, have a bachelor's degree in Psychology, work in the medical field for 12 years, have a CNA, HHA. CPR, CPT1 license, and National Certification can I become a Phlebotomy instructor or what do I need to get certified.
- Merrillville, Indiana. I am a Registered Phlebotomist for over 15 years, as well as Registered Medical Assistant with (AMT)am I qualified to become a Phlebotomy Instructor?
- I am from Ontario Canada and I would like to work as a phlebotomy teacher in the United States. I've been a phlebotomists for 13 years and I am a graduate of Medical technology in the Far East. What are the requirements or qualifications I need in order to be able to work in the States and to become a phlebotomy teacher as well. I am very interested to know so that I can start the processing. Thank you very much.
- I need information how to applying to take my credential instructor phlebotomist I have 18 yrs de experience. right i taught Medical Assistant
- I AM A PHLEBOTOMY INSTRUCTOR WHO IS CURRENTLY WORKING AND LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE IN A NEW ENVIRONMENT IF YOU HAVE AN OPENING I LIKE TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION. GAIL FORD : CPT
- I am a certified medical assistant for 3 years and I worked at a school as an teacher assistant with medical assistant assisting with 50 plus students in the lab and I been teaching Phlebotomy at a school for the last past 5 months do I qualify to teach?
- I am a CCMA for 3 year and have worked at a school for 1 year as a Medical Assistant Instructor, both "Administrative and Clinical". Course included teaching Phlebotomy and ECG in the lab. Am I qualified for the "Phlebotomy Instructor Certification"? What do I need to do?
- Hi, I'm a Phlebomist tech,for 16 yrs and lab tech as well,Working at this Cpn/practice for 9yrs,alone I'm the lead person,in the lab,regarding phlebotomy, As well as,I have Taught others how to draw,instruct others,how to refresh there technique,What do i have to Qualify to become,a Teacher/instructor/adjunct-instructor..To better my future!...Thank you!
- Hello, I have been a phlebotomist for 18 years and I am interested in teaching the subject. I am already nationally certified, I would like to know from this point what has to be done for me to teach the subject? My contact number is 404-454-8956
- I have been a phlebotomist for 18yrs. and im interest in becoming a teacher instructor.
- I have my certification now since 1999. I have worked in memorial hermann lab for 4yrs.
- i live in dayton ohio i am a phlebotomist technologist i was wondering what type of cpr class do i need to stay state certified thru the national phlebotomy association. if anyone could please let me know ill appreciate it.
- valerie, I have performing phlebotomy for 15 years, I am certified by the state of Indiana, by AMT( AMERICAN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST), I have a 99.9% success rate with children and geriatrics, do I qualify too become a teaching instructor?
- I have a total of 12 of Phlebotomy experience, including hospital ICU wards,peds and new borns,as well as Draw Labs / Lab Corp and Quest diagnostics.I reside in Covina Calif.and my phone number is 323 474-1221
- I have a total of 15 plus years in medical field and 5 years of phlebotomy can I be an instructor without any more education.
- I'm a student in san antonio texas and I'm at a school where our phlebotomy instructor only has microbiology exp. and they have him teaching phlebotomy now in order to be an instructor in phlebotomy you have to be certified right?
- I currently work for Quest Diagnostics and have my associates in Medical Assisting and Billing and Coding. What criteria or experience do I need to become a phlebotomy instructor?
- Hello- I am currently employed for a major laboratory and have been training interns for the past (6) years. I have 23 years experience as a phlebotomist. (18) years as a claims adjudicator. I have my A.A.S in Business. What are the steps needed to become an instructor? Please feel free to email me any and all assistance available. Thanks in Advance, Marueen
- I am certified with (AAPT)American Academy of Phlebotomy Technicians. I had to show evidence of teaching for 1 year and my phlebotomy certification in order to get certified as an instructor.
- I have been a Phlebotomist for 15 years of experience here in the Houston Area. I have worked at a Blood Bank & several Hospitals with the ability to draw blood on Pedi, Geriatrics, Adeloscent, and Adults. They call me the Hard Stick Queen. I can obtain blood from anyone without leaving a bruise. I would love to share my skills in a classroom setting. Humble, Texas Please let me know what I need to do to become an instructor.
- OakPark, MI HI MY NAME IS CHANTELLE AND I HAVE A PHLEBOTOMY SCHOOL IN MICHIGAN. I AM LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUALS IN PHLEBOTOMY OR MEDICAL ASSISTANT TO ASSIST ME IN TEACHING CLASSES. LOOKING FOR DAY TIME AND EVENING INSTRUCTORS. MUST BE A TEAM PLAYER AND RELIABLE..FLEXIBILITY IS A PLUS. IF INTERESTED EMAIL ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- i would like to open a small phlebotomy school i am currently a phlebotomist for 25 years have done it all venipunctures, ekg blood gases, ua process all types of specimens drawn all types of patients. i have taught students,and that is really why i would like to become a instructor and open my own school. these student are not getting the proper education some cant put on a tourniquet put a needle on a vacutainer its really sad and they have paid a lot of money for their education so i would really love some info on instructor side of it and how to open my own school thank you so much
- I am a phlebotomist for 16yrs and a lab tech. I would like to know what I need to do to become an instructor in Virginia.
- I'm interested in becoming a Phlebotomy Instructor, I'm seeking information on the steps that I ail need to take. I'm currently a phlebotomist, working in an OB/Gyn office. I have over 4yrs experience in phlebotomy. Currently I train all new comers that comes to work for my place of work, and most are fresh out of phlebotomy school, nerves. I know I have the potentials needed to teach
- I have been a Certified Phlebotomist for over 35 years. I was invited to attend the first National Phlebotomist conference in Washington D.C. now known as the National Phlebotomy Association. I have trained many phlebotomist during those years and have developed other skills in Medical Records and I am a Certified Medical Biller and Coder. Please provide me information needed to obtain a teaching Certificate or license. Thank you.
- please provide information needed to teach phlebotomy.
- I have been phlebotomist over 15 years also medical assistant certificate i want to know what things i must take up to pursue a degree as phlebotomist instructor I am located in St Louis Mo
- I have been a phlebotomist over 16 years certify as phlebotomist and medical assistant now I trained many people over the years now i want to teach i want to know what i must do to get my degree in teacher so i teach outstanding phlebotomist
- I have experience working as a phlebotomist for over 20yrs and I am also a Medical Laboratory Technician for over 4yrs but do not have any teaching experience. Can I still become a phlebotomy instructor.
- Location Baltimore, Md 21215. I presently work for Medstar Health at Union Memorial Hosp. I have certification from Baltimore City Community College as a Phlebotomist since 1994. I have been drawing blood since I finished my course. I have trained various employees to do Phlebotomy but now I need to know how I can become an instructor or teacher. Please help me locate what I need to do to accomplish my goal. My email address is email@example.com and my number is 443-500-6301.
- Has anybody received certification through AAPT to become a Phlebotomy Instructor. please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am a certified national phlebotomist who cannot find an internship to do. Can you please call me. 2023416845
- I want to work as a Phlebotomy Instructor; I am a Certified Phlebotomist for 22 years I have worked with all age groups in phlebotomy. I'm a certified medical Lab assistant. I have trained new employees the skill of Phlebotomy professionalism. While taking the Phlebotomy class I was asked to help teach the New students. I have taught LPN's to draw blood. Was chosen to draw blood for E.R. CPR certified for ped's and adults. Experience in the Clinic, Hospital, Health Dept. Nursing home care home and more. What else do I need to become certified? email@example.com
- I need help to find a phlebotomy job and also how to became a certified instructor.
- I'm a certified Medical Assistant and License Plebotomist looking x a full time job in LA area firstname.lastname@example.org
- ONLY NEW YORK APPLICANTS. EMAIL RESUMES TO: MARKETING@CPR123.COM
- Hi, I am in houston tx, I would like to contact @pj whitworth. I have the same interesting and would like to know if she/he find the answers!
- I earned my certificate in Phlebotomy from Community College of Allegheny County and also an Vocational School in Colorado. I also have a CPR Certificate. I have 6 years of Phlebotomy Experience. I worked in a Doctor's Office and at present working in a hospital. Therefore, I would like to work as a Phlebotomy Instructor. I live in Pittsburgh, PA.
- I would like the opportunity to pursue my career further as a phlebotomy instructor. I have 15 yrs experience in phlebotomy, in an out of hospitals and blood bank and dialysis etc. I currently work at a hospital now and train students from the local highschools here in gainesville fl. I have been doing that for 3yr and have hospital experience for 7yrs. I love phlebotomy and would love to teach it further but how do I go about doing this.
- I worked in a hospital for 6 years, have a current CPR card but no experience teaching phlebotomy. How do I go about getting my CPI. I live in California
- I'm been a National Phlebotomist for about 15yrs in the state of Michigan. I am very interested in structuring. I am ASAP and CPR certified. What other information do I need to gain employment for instructor of Phlebotomy?
- I have work in a hospital 8 years and for a lab for 6 years i would love to become a instructor lot of people say i should be training people in phelbotomy over the last 14 years. i would love to start a training school. how can i get stated?
- I live in New Jersey. I have been a certified medical technician/Assistant since 1969. I worked for private commercial labs, hospitals oncology. Offices. I am now a physician executive sales person for a huge lab. Earlier in my carrier I trained many people phlebotomy skills. I am ready for a career change and due to a shortage of phlebotomist I have been thinking of teaching the skill. I do not have a B.S. Degree. Would I qualify to teach?
- I live in ohio and I am currently working soley as Phlebotomist. I also have my associates in Medical Assistant. I go back and forth between the professions. I have worked in family practice, Emergency department, out patient, and in house (hospital floors) settings for the past 9 years. I have also drawn from ages birth to geriatrics. What are the steps that I need to take in becoming a phlebotomy instructor. I am looking for a change, but not a complete career change.
- I HAVE BEEN A CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT SINCE 1985 I HAVE BEEN A PHLEBOTOMIST SINCE 1986, I HAVE BEEN CERTIFIED IN PHLEBOTOMY SINCE 1992. I AM CURRENTLY FINISHING MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN SCHOOL WHERE I WILL HAVE AN ASSOCIATES DEGREE NOW I AM INTERESTED IN TEACHING PHLEBOTOMY. PLEASE ADVISE ME ON FINDING INFORMATION ON THE CRITERIA NEEDED TO TEACH PHLEBOTOMY IN THE HOUSTON AREA
- I have 14 years of phlobotomy and ASCP certify has work in hospital for cross training and out patient lab and currently still work as a phlobonmist. I am the group leads and area coordinator and Needle Safety Officer and trainer at the (PSC) Patient service center has been for over three years. I am interested to become an instructor to get a license.
- I have three years experience as a phlebotomist. I would like to know if I would be qualified to teach phlebotomy in Atlanta Georgia. What agency do I contact to start the process.
- how do I start a phlebotomy certification business for other people to get certified?
- I have been a Phlebotomist for 23 years. You name it I've gotten blood from it. Now not only want to stabilize my job I want to give others a chance to get in on an interesting medical gateway.
- In Oakland Ca. I would like to ask some. Questions
- I have been a Phlebotomist for over 30 years. I did not recent my phlebotomt license this year. because my job is no longer paying extra to have it. I have an Associates degree in education. I am in school to get my Bachelor degree in special Education; however, I also would like to teacher phlebotomy as well. I have my CPR certification with American Heart Association through Columbus Regional Hospital in Columbus Georgia. please send me information on how to get started.
- I have been a phlebotomist for 20 years. I have my own mobile phlebotomy business and a bachelors degree in healthcare management. I was certified in 2011 and my certification ran out 2 years later. I want to branch out with my business in teaching phlebotomy. what can I do to become certified as an instructor?
- Hello, I have a few questions about becoming a phlebotomy director and the necessary steps.
- Hi I would like a response on how I can go about becoming a phlebotomy instructor. I have been searching how and low but no help, yet.I've been a licensed phlebotomist for 7 years.please help me.
- Hello I've been a certified phbelotomist for 21 years. I am interested in becomes a instructor. Where or how can I go about getting my phlebotomy instructor certification?
- I live in Baltimore Maryland I am interested in becoming a phlebotomy instructor I've am currently a certified phbelotomist and been working as a lab/phbelotomist II for the past 20 years.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Become LIC Agent?
- Becoming an OSHA Instructor
- Vocational Instructor
- Become a Spy Agent
- Starting Your Own Seminar Training Institute
- How to Become a Cooking Instructor
- Steps to Become a CAD Instructor
- Dental Assistant Instructor
- How to Become Independent Insurance Agent
- Become a Distributor for a Company