Starting an Office Building Cleaning
An office building cleaning service business is a good business to start for those who want to work part-time.
While the work is far from glamorous, the returns are high for those are willing to take charge of the tidying job. You don’t have to have a large capital to do it. You can even start online.
An office building cleaning service is one business that is easy to start. You don’t have to have a large capital to start it. If you are adventurous, you can even start it on your own, perhaps with your spouse or one other person. That is, if you are willing to take on the cleaning job yourself. It’s a plus factor if you have prior experience on cleaning, perhaps by doing residential cleaning, working as a janitor on one janitorial services company or attending a cleaning training or seminar.
Capital of Office Cleaning Business
It requires no large capital to start. You don’t have to immediately buy equipment once you start thinking of starting an office building cleaning service. You can do that once you get your first client. You can use the time between the signing of a contract and the time the work starts to run to the nearest janitorial store to buy the equipment and cleaning chemicals you would need. Just be sure that they are there or you know where to get them by paying that store a visit or asking around where to get them in case they’re not available.
Equipment Needs of Office Cleaning Business
What you would need most is a vehicle to carry your cleaning supplies to your client’s site. Some customers have their own cleaning supplies you can use, but these are exceptions. The rule is you bring your own mop, glass cleaner, steel cleaner, broom and vacuum cleaner. You can buy a used vehicle, or use what you already have to carry these all. The other thing you’d need is insurance, including one for your vehicle used for business purpose.
How to Look for Cleaning Clients
But before equipment, vehicle and insurance, you’d need to snag a customer first. One best way to find clients is to look at public records of businesses that are applying for licenses and permits. Look for attorneys’ offices, doctors’ clinic and accounting firms. These are offices that do not need cleaning within their office hours. Expect to work beyond the regular office time as some offices may prefer that the cleaning be done after all the employees are gone or on the weekends. It means you can do this business on a part time basis.
While doing the work does not sound glamorous at all, be comforted that this is a lucrative business. You can earn as much as $1,000 a month working part-time. Aside from not having to shell out a large amount of money at the start, you are not stocking perishable items. You can operate online as long as you do active marketing of your business.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Which Business to Start
- Writing a Business Prospectus
- Writing Business Proposal
- Writing a Business Biography
- Writing Business Solicitation Letter
- Nut and Bolt Business Plan
- Where to Apply for a Business License
- Home Shopping Catalogues Guaranteed Credit
- Office Space Legal Requirements
- Benefits of Business Expansion