Starting a Security Guard Business
A security system is important to protect lives and properties. That is why there will always be a need for security personnel.
If you have the capital and the experience in providing security service, this is a business that you can start in order to pave your way towards independence. Interested? We have a basic guide.
Security is important in many aspects of our daily life. We need security in residences, parks, malls, banks, in prisons or practically everywhere. That is why a business in the security field is always viable provided it is done the right way and with the proper tools and knowledge. If you want to be a player in this field, here are some things you should think of before starting a security service company:
- Define what kind of security service would you like to be. A small or large one? A small one could be that for homes and a big one for military purposes. You could also do security services for events, factories, residences, nightclubs, jails, offices, apartments. And you can choose to be armed or unarmed.
- You need to get a guard card, which means obtaining a proper training in handling, shooting, and displaying a gun or baton. You can enrol and graduate in criminal law, criminal justice from an institution duly recommended by law enforcement agencies. You can also take associates or certificate program associated with security enforcement.
- You need to show the required experience in the field. The requirements could vary state by state. Before starting a security agency, make sure you have worked for several years in another security company, or a police office.
- You need other security guards to work for you. They need to pass rigorous background checks, drug tests in the same way you did.
- As a security company owner, you need to take and pass certain exams and background checks. It is necessary for you to have a clean record to establish the fact that you can be trusted with the properties and lives of people.
- You need to have money to secure surety bonding and buy insurance. Bonds and insurance are important aspects of this business. You need them to protect your business from potential claims by clients arising, for example, from failure on your end to deliver duties according to the contract. Consult a lawyer to know what specific insurances you need to make your business fully protected.
- You also need money to provide your staff with equipment needed in the trade like flash lights, guns, radio systems, pepper spray and emergency alarms.
For ease in processing the requirements you can employ outside help of consultants.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start Cyber Cafe Business?
- Starting an Underwear Business
- How to Start Glass Recycling Business
- Start a Petroleum Business
- Starting a Used Clothing Business
- Start a Battery Rebuilding, Repairing and Recharging Business
- How to Start an Ice Business
- How to Start Agricultural Chemicals Retail Business