Starting a Hauling Business
The hauling business was once thought to be only limited to horizontal transportation of ore, construction supplies, and waste.
Today because of the birth of the e-commerce industry, more and more companies are outsourcing their businesses to companies who are in the distribution industry.
These companies outsource almost anything under the sun like books, food, fabric, furniture and a lot more. And the service charges made from transporting these goods can be a promising business venture. This hauling business guide will push you to the top with simple steps you can apply right now.
Here are 9 simple steps to help you get started.
- Step 1: Do a study to find markets that have no service or are under serviced.
As a potential business hauler, it is important to find out what the market needs and can you fill that need. Who will you target for your service? Will you service residential area or commercial? Hire people who can do a study for you if you feel you can’t do an honest evaluation of your potential business area.
- Step 2: Survey your hauling business competitors.
Know your competitions strengths and weaknesses. Know their rates and learn how they service their clients. Study their business moves and marketing strategies. Learn their startup cost for their hauling business. Ask yourself, how can you do a better job than them? What can you offer customers that they can’t?
- Step 3: Look up your state and local laws.
Find out what regulations your business is required to observe. Visit your city clerk. They can lead you to the right people to talk with. Get the necessary information you.
- Step 4: Get a hauling business license and other required permits.
Get and purchase the necessary haulage business licenses and required permits for you to operation legally. Get a business name for your hauling venture. Be a professional. Present your business well so clients will see that you mean business.
- Step 5: Know your rate.
Know your rate by calculating your expenditures from your profit. Create cash flow projections for service advertising, payroll, equipment and maintenance, fuel allocations as well as taxes, insurances and accounting services.
- Step 6: Purchase your equipment.
Decide what equipment you need for your business. Do you need vans or flat bed trucks? How many do you need and in what sizes do you need them? Are you going to purchase new ones or start with second hands? How will you finance these? Have a business plan to project how much profit you can make per vehicle over cost of operation as well as a financial plan to cover your expenditures and liabilities. Purchase insurance policies for your vehicles.
- Step 7: Employ people to help you.
Hire people who can drive well and can help you load your trucks. It can be a tiresome ordeal for your crew so you might want to hire 2 drivers per truck if you plan to work your vehicles 24/7.
- Step 8: A plan for pick up routes.
Study your roads and traffic. It will save you distribution time and be more fuel efficient.
- Step 9: Advertise your service.
Contact companies who sub contract maybe you could do joint venture projects together. Use newspaper ads and have a website to attract more clients. Create a buzz around your business.
- i want to start haulage transport business and want to write a proposal. I want a copy of the proposal to help me also write one. thanak you
- Hi! I want to start small hauling business in Roxas City Capiz. I have one unit drop side Izusu Elf truck. can you help me to start! Thank you and more power. my Mobile number: 09496885040
- I want to start an haulage business in Lagos Nigeria. And i have a scania trailer. I want you to send me a copy of “haulage business plan.“ thanks
- i want to start haulage/logistics business with 10 trucks (fleet) and i want a cashflow design for this.
- I wish to start a haulage business with 1 or 2 truck, how can I get finance cause I have no financials.
- What is a good ballpark price to charge for hauling misc. with a pick up truck and small trailer (6x8')? Thanks
- I have interest in the haulage business, I have done about assessment on it and has a good cashflow template to manage it. I need finance to get started with 2 trucks. I'm in otta ogun state, nigeria. firstname.lastname@example.org +2347033887791
- please i need a copy of draft proposals on haulage.thanks
- I want to start an haulage business in Lagos Nigeria. And i have no trailer neither do I have money to buy one. I want you to send me a copy of “haulage business plan and possibly likely ways to source for funds.“ thanks
- I'll like you to please send me a business plan and proposal on haulage. I already have a Daf 45,7.5 truck and it's works within Lagos state. All i'm looking for is an avenue to expand my business further. Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you very much.
- I'm in the haulage business in Lagos already. And i have a Daf 45 truck which is a 7 ton truck and like you know its small. I'll be so glad if you could send me a list of companies that require trucks for bulk goods hauling. And also how/where to get funds to increase my fleet of truck(s). Thank you.
- Dear Sir, I want to start a fuel haulage business and i will appreciate if you could please email me a business plan( covering but not limited to cost and profit analyses and financial plan) for the above business. Thank you for your anticipated support in this matter.
- I am new in haulage business i won a contract to haul toileteries like pampers etc ps i want 2 rent a covered truck from haulage company 2 execute d contract ps if u av such contact me on 08123191151 or email email@example.com
- Am interested in starting a haulage business in lagos, Nigeria but am short on finance and would like a business plan to help me out. Thank you
- Looking to start a water hauling company in the Nevada area. I'm looking for a business plan template as well as a cash flow template. I plan on having three trucks running for my company.
- Good day, Please I want to start a haulage business in Lagos Nigeria. I need your advice and a guide on how to start and how to prepare a catching business plan for investors
- i need a professional haulage and logistics business proposal to companies.
- i want to start a haulage business in lagos nigeria please email me the business proposal at firstname.lastname@example.org thanks
- I want to start haulage business in Lagos , am looking for someone who can connect me with company that can hire my truck
- I've a pick-up fan(mazda hillux) am looking for where I can use it to work. I want companys that require my service pls. Or any job offer
- I HAVE TRUCKS THAT ARE READY TO MOVE GOODS TO ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA. AND I PROMISE GOOD AND RELIABLE SERVICES. PLS CONTACT ME : +2348030546462
- Am in Lagos Nigeria, I've been into the business for 8 months, I started with 3 trucks, but my problem is that I can't just know how to go corporate. I want an office and staff, but I don't know how to go about it. What will jobs description be? How do I manage trucks, manage fuel, drivers and other things as an organization? Am tired of operating as a local business! Pls help
- I will appreciate your advice for going into the haulage business am presently working with a company but intend quitting my job anytime soon and go into haulage. Am presently negotiating the purchase of a fairly used Iveco Fiat mini box truck for a start. I have gathered some information about the haulage business from a friend who is into the business whom i told to go into but i still need your expert advice. I urgently await your response.
- we are already in the logistics and transport business and we need partners who has 45 cubic tipper trucks and flatted body trucks for hauling of bulk, and other goods in west africa countries. interested persons or companies for partners should call 00233.545168547
- i am about to venture into vehicle haulage in nigeria. pls send to me accounting installations that is required .thanks
- I would like to start a fuel haulage business in Botswana. I am a contender for a contract end of year covering the northern region of Botswana. Could you please assist in developing a business plan for this type of business. THANKS
- I want to start a haulage business in lagos nigeria. Ki already have a chevrolet van please email me a business proposal. thank you.
- I want a good business proposal on haulage biz within Africa countries
- Dear sir, I want your opportunity. I want your franchise. My contact no 09308842840
- I have three trucks ,I 15tons fuel ,two are 10tons ,I diesel, I fuel. Am living in lagos .Could you help with where the trucks can be working.
- Good day, please I need a sample of a full detailed proposal on the haulage and logistic business in nigeria so as to help me write one. thanks
- I have a contract with a multi national company in lagos. i need trucks to be more efficient on my delivery. flat beds to be precise on partnership.
- Dear For your haulage challenges especially maintenance's and structure. i'm available in nigeria.
- Hello, pls I need a sample of a business plan and proposal for a haulage business in lagos Nigerian. THANKS
- Hello. I have a long chasis high cabin Ford Transit Van that runs on diesel.I have valid vehicle documents and driver's licence. I reside in Lagos Nigeria. I run interstate with it. Am looking for business openings from corporate firms and individuals. Contact me on +2348165669176 or email@example.com Thanks.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides