Starting a Day Spa Business
If you are a student planning to open your own esthetician business or even a day spa then there are a few things you should be aware of.
Here is a list of things to know in order to start a day spa business, read on to find more.
Starting a day spa!
The spa business is a booming business with over thousands of newer and better businesses coming up every day. But there is business for everyone. After a hard days work, any one would like to be pampered and relaxed with the best in services you could ever wish for.
- Keep a list of services which you would like to offer to your clients who come. Most clients don’t have the time to stick around for more than a few hours. Choose treatments which your customers can avail of for a few hours like Swedish massages, body mummification etc which are completely rejuvenating but take only a few hours to complete.
- There are several things you have to be aware of while running a day spa like licensing requirements. Make sure you find out what are the options available for you to complete your spa application, health standards etc.
- Location is really important as you can’t have the spa located in a residential locality where the walk through customers may be very low! For an initial establishment, to run only one person and 300- 350 sq ft of space is enough but more than that may be required if you are employing more employees.
- You will also need to source the material and the equipment to run your day spa like tables, body lotions, powders, etc to keep your day spa running.
- If you have a larger space then you should think of hiring expert staff like,
- Stylists who are licensed cosmetologists who are licensed to give foot massages and head massages.
- Salon managers are also needed to keep the salon’s day to day functioning normal. Although you can be tempted to keep the running in your hands only; don’t do it as it can be really tiring and confusing too.
- Shampoo assistants are needed to shampoo hair in between jobs while stylists are busy with other work and to clean up hair clippings and other problems.
- Receptionists are really great to keep your customers busy while your stylists are busy with other clients.
- Manicurists and electrologists are specialized technicians who do need a little experience as well as a degree before you can hire them.
- Publicize your opening well in advance as you will have to make sure that everyone knows about your grand opening at least a few days before hand and offer incentive discounts for the opening.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business
- How to Start a Hardware Store