Open an Electric Wheelchair Rental Business
Electronic wheelchairs are wheelchairs that use gears and belts. They are used by elderly people or those who have disabilities.
The advantage of electronic wheelchair or also known as power wheelchair on an ordinary wheelchair is the ability to be controlled by the one sitting in it without requiring much effort.
In opening an electric wheelchair rental business, there are few things that are needed to be considered such as the existing businesses that provide the same service. Choosing the right models of electric wheelchairs could also be considered to gain advantage over competitors. The following are the three basic models of electric wheelchairs:
- Rear-wheel drive wheelchairs – this type of wheelchair is also known as the traditional style. It is also the most popular among three. They are also faster than front-wheel but have inferior turning capabilities than font-wheel and mid-wheel models.
- Front-wheel drive wheelchairs – are becoming more common due to its improved turning capabilities. But this model has lower speed compared to rear-wheels.
- Mid-wheel drive wheelchairs – among the three models, this one is far better in terms of speed and turning functions but also may be unsteady when stopping and starting. This type has caster wheels at the back part and an anti-tip wheels in front thus limiting its use on uneven surfaces.
There are also some features that can be added to the wheelchairs:
- Power tilt – this tilts the entire seat assembly and footrest upward to provide relief to some passengers.
- Recliner – this feature tilts the back and raises the leg rest.
In starting a business such as rentals, one of the first things you must consider is business insurance. Make sure to choose a reputable insurance company that provides the best policy. Since you are entrusting the use of the wheelchairs to your customers, the safety of the machines are not in your hands anymore. That is why insurance is a must. Seeking advice from people who actually own rental business could also help you in choosing the best insurance company for your business.
Maintenance of the wheelchairs should be done to keep them in good condition. From time to time, you should also check the condition of the wheelchairs. Conduct a visual observation on the wheelchairs and check for parts that have apparent problems. Also make sure that wirings are safely away from belts, gears, and wheels to prevent them from being caught. Listening to the motor sound is one way to check if there is a problem on the motor itself. If it sounds unfamiliarly odd or it becomes noisy, you should immediately check what is causing the problem. Occasionally, you should also check for loose wirings by making sure that they are all firmly in place because you don’t want to risk customers unintentionally changing the wiring connections. Any moving parts such as foot rests, removable backs, tilt mechanisms, and adjustable armrests should also be check regularly to make them last longer.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Jet Ski Rental Business
- How to Start a Car Rental Business?
- Starting an Apartment Rental Business
- Start a Gas Cylinder Rental Business
- Private Jet Rental Cost
- Start a Portable Toilet Rental Business
- Start an Audio Equipment & Supplies Rental Business
- How to Start Tent Rental Business
- How to Start a Book Rental Business
- Starting a Camera Equipment Rental Business