How to Start Wheelchair Van Rental Business
If you want to start a wheelchair van rental business, you have to begin with a business plan. This will guide you through the different aspects of the business.
Find an ideal location and purchase the needed vehicle, furniture, fixtures, and other essentials. You can offer rental services for emergency and non emergency situations.
How to Start Wheelchair Van Rental Business?
Do you have a family member with a disability? It can be hard to use public transportation when you need to travel. This can serve as an inspiration to start a new business. With a wheelchair van rental business, you will not only be able to cater to the needs of the public but also to the needs of your family. What do you need to start this kind of business? You will need a key to success and that is a business plan. The plan will cover the different aspects of the business like marketing, management, and financials.
This type of business will require considerable capital since you will lease out business space and you will need to purchase a van. You will also need to design the business space, so you need furniture and fixtures. Financing is widely available and with a detailed business plan, you can apply for business loans. To cut down the costs, you can purchase a secondhand van but make sure that it is still of good quality. Secure a business license from the concerned government agency and submit the needed documents. Pay the fee and you will get the license in no time.
Services Offered and Other Matters
Make sure that you carefully plan the services that you’re going to offer. Keep in mind that your van should have wheelchair adaptive features. You can offer round the clock emergency assistance as well as non-emergency medical transportation. Since you’re just starting out, it would be best to offer low rentals. You have to hire drivers and other staffs to help you with the operations of the business. If you can afford two vehicles, you can also cater to more clients. Don’t forget to devise options for your clients that can fit into their needs and budget.
Oftentimes, emergency situations are handled by the ambulance so in most cases, you will be dealing with non emergency situations like doctor or hospital visits. Determine the rental fees based on the distance being traveled and the time or duration of the rental. Make sure that your drivers are available when you need them. Promote the business to families with disabled members. You can go around the local neighborhood and leave your business cards complete with contact numbers. That way, they can contact you easily when they need van rental assistance. You can also send out flyers and mount posters on the sides of your vans. That way, you can promote the business in the local area.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Jet Ski Rental Business
- How to Start a Car Rental Business?
- Starting an Apartment Rental Business
- Private Jet Rental Cost
- Start a Gas Cylinder Rental Business
- Start a Portable Toilet Rental Business
- How to Start Tent Rental Business
- Start an Audio Equipment & Supplies Rental Business
- How to Start a Book Rental Business
- Starting a Camera Equipment Rental Business