How to Start a Tattoo Parlor
The tattoo parlor business is a good way to earn money. Do you want to open your own tattoo parlor business? This article gives you an overview of the business.
First things first, before you can make tattoos (or own a tattoo parlor for that matter) you need to submit yourself to an apprenticeship program.
This will take between one to two years and may cost roughly around $5,000 per year. You need to learn the trade hands on and this is the best way to do it. Be prepared to do menial tasks such as moping the floors, cleaning tubes etc while still in training. That comes with the territory. Eventually, the day will come when you get to finally hold that iron and make a tattoo.
Before you can start your tattoo parlor business, read this collection of useful tips that may help as establish your business.
- Aside from your tattoo kit and equipment, you also need to get furniture and office equipment for your studio such as cabinets, cash register, copier, counters, fax machine, flash, flash racks, waiting chairs etc.
- Being limited to a “cash only” establishment is not good for your business. Make arrangements with credit card companies so your shop can accept credit cards.
- Drop by your local health department, there you can find most of the information you will need in order to open a tattoo parlor. No two state, city, or county have the same rules and regulation about tattoo making and starting a tattoo store. Some even necessitated the health department to inspect your tattoo studio before you can open it. It is your job to find out what the rules and regulations are in your area.
- If your funding is limited, save advertising money by exploring less expensive ways to promote your business. Have a prominent display sign made. Hand out flyers and posters where pertinent information such as your tattoo studio’s name, location, and the services you offer is delineated. And do be sure you showcase samples of your handiwork in your tattoo parlor.
- In choosing a location for your tattoo shop, choose a place that is in a commercial area that is high in pedestrian and vehicular traffic. There is a higher likelihood to get walk in customers this way. Promoting your studio would also be easier if most people are familiar with the general area in which your studio is located.
- Naturally, you will need money in order to start a tattoo studio. On average, you need to have around 15,000 dollars give or take for startup capital. That is, if you want to buy all the tattoo equipment you will need all at once. If your funding is limited, you may buy the equipment you most need first and then get the rest during the course of the next few months.
- See to it that you explain to your customers the importance of caring for a new tattoo. If they are not careful, their tattoos may get infected. Have an information leaflet made enumerating the things they should and should not do.
- You don’t have to get your tattoo supplies and the rest of the stuff you need “brand new”. You can save money by going to auctions or scouring the classified section of your local newspaper.
- Variety is the cream of a business, the more you have to offer your customer increases your chance to be the leader in your tattoo business. You can always show your customers a catalog having butterfly tattoo, celtic tattoo, chinese tattoo, cross tattoo designs, dragon tattoo, flower tattoo, foot tattoo, girl tattoos, heart tattoos, japanese tattoo so that they can have a glance before they pick one. Give them the facility to customize their tattoo as well.
- You need to have the right training and education so you can meet the demands of your job effectively. Training is a must if you want to acquire the mandatory license and permits you need.
- How to Run a Glitter Tattoo Business
Glitter tattoo business is now becoming a thriving venture. However for you to become successful just remember to take small steps. Effective marketing and planning is very significant for any type of business.
- How to Start a Tattoo Removal Business
Do you want to start a tattoo removal business? Here are some basic ideas on how to start a tattoo removal business effectively.
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start Auto Body Shop
- How to Start a Meat Shop
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business
- How to Start a Beauty Supply Store
Service Business Ideas
- Starting Your Own Guest House Business
- Starting a Recruitment Agency
- Starting Your Own Money Lending Business
- How to Start a Courier Business
- Starting Your Own Computer Training Center
Startup Company Ideas
- How to Start a Skateboard Company
- How to Start a Tour Company
- How to Start a Security Company
- Start a Cosmetics Company
- How to Sue a Company
Small Business Ideas
- Starting a Taxi Business
- How to Start a Shoe Business
- How to Start a Trucking Business
- Starting a Hair Care Product Business
- How to Start a Paintball Business