What is the Difference between Business Management and Business Administration
There is a huge difference between business management and business administration.
If you are holding an executive or managerial position, there is a need to identify the major differences as well as similarities.
Business management falls under business administration. If you focus on this aspect, you will be dealing with the core subjects. There is also chance for you to specialize on strategic management, organization behavior, operations, marketing, business law, ethics, accounting, finance, economics, and information systems. You can learn many things from business administration like clerical operations or skills and management of human resources.
The difference between these two will usually vary from one company to another. In fact, there are companies that view it similarly. Management is focused on authority decision making, paper pushing, and clerical work. Managers are responsible for implementation of policies and strategies. It is their task to direct their staffs to the right path in order to achieve goals. There are business management courses that you can take up. You can contact local schools or accredited online universities to inquire about the courses.
Management is focused on planning, organizing, running, and managing. Companies have procedures or tasks that should be followed. As the manager, you will need to possess exceptional communication skills. You are expected to know about production, logistics, marketing, purchasing, and accounting methods, information systems, human resource, administrative practices, and decision making. As a graduate of business management, you can work in various fields such as retailing, wholesaling, transportation, administration, advertising, finance, and human resources. Job titles can include supervisor, group leader, office manager, project manager, and assistant manager.
Now that you know the difference, you will not get confused. Again, you should be reminded that these fields are similar and it’s up to the organization to establish their difference. Whichever fields you take up, you are going to hold managerial positions.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Writing an Audit Report
- How to Start a Money Transfer Business
- Why Does a Firm Use Long Term Debt
- What is the Purpose of Business Research
- How to Start a Popsicle Business
- How to Make Ant Farm Gel
- How to Start a Biscuit Business
- Starting a Sports Club Business
- How to Start a Siding Business
- How to Start a Cargo Business
- How to Start a Mattress Recycling Business